[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Health General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: t5u1QWZ.jpg (75KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
t5u1QWZ.jpg
75KB, 666x666px
What's on your mind, anon?

How's your diet going?
Lifts going up?

>Feels building up?
>>
>>38980683
>havent been to school in a week
>havent been to the gym in a month
>eat once a day, losing weight
>lay in bed until 5 pm
i'm going into the deep end anons, help
>>
File: result.png (630KB, 662x822px) Image search: [Google]
result.png
630KB, 662x822px
This is what SS did to me
DO NOT DO SS
>>
>>38980734
So you're just going to be a sad cunt?
Fuck that shit bro, you can be a sick cunt if you want to be!
>>
>>38980747
i could probably fix it if I wanted to but I have no motivation. I got diagnosed with physical erectile dysfunction. Still don't know if it's fixable or not, but shit's got me down. I don't want to live like this.

I can't even talk about it to my friends or family either, makes it even worse.
>>
>>38980746
nice
>>
>>38980901
FUCK YOU
>>
>>38980765
Mate im so sorry to hear that
I seriously hope its fixable, i dont know what to say other than this because i cant imagine being in your position and going through what youre going through right now
>>
>>38980765
I'll dump some motivation for you.
>>
Depression sucks cock, lost 120 something pounds in the last couple years, almost done goal, don't think I have the motivation to start lifting when I'm done dieting though.
>>
>>38980765
You don't lack motivation, you lack discipline.
>>
File: 139571896149.jpg (493KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
139571896149.jpg
493KB, 1920x1080px
>>38980962
>>
>>38980983
This is bullshit. Happy people have drive that makes them want to get shit done, if you are too depressed to do anything the solution is fixing your depression not just forcing yourself to do shit.
>>
File: 1411854232412.jpg (714KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1411854232412.jpg
714KB, 1000x1333px
>>38980988
>>
>>38980996
Circle thinking and rationalization.

Depression is your body screaming at you to change, lack of discipline keeps you from pursuing that change.
>>
>>38980999
>>
>>38981030
your body screaming at you for change is the effect not the cause of depression. Happy people don't think like that.
>>
Blogposted about it in another thread, long and short is that I found my literal dream girl, but the relationship is long distance, and will be for about a year. Midterms is making us both crack, and we had a big fight last night that put a lot of things into perspective.

I know I love this girl, and I know we need each other to some extent, but this doesn't feel right anymore. She gave up everything for me, and I did the same for her, so why do I just want to be single now, even though I know I'll just regret it in a couple weeks? Am I just a spoiled manchild or what, /fit/?
>>
File: 1430979033263.jpg (74KB, 804x537px) Image search: [Google]
1430979033263.jpg
74KB, 804x537px
>morning gym session
>forgot my towel
>it's against regulation to work out without towel
>did it anyway
>breakin' the law breakin' the law
>dampened spirits
>made progress
>not feeling it
>cut workout short

i dunno man...
>>
>>38980996
how the hell do you want to escape depression if not by forcing yourself to take action?

depressed people are sometimes too depressed to take their meds. You need to force yourself to build discipline to strive for a better yourself for a better tomorrow.
>>
>>38981030
>>38981134
I cant force myself to get my dick to work. If my dick doesn't work I don't want to live. Simple as, no amount of self-help can fix me.
>>
>>38981108
just try it anon, ldr work, stop overthinking
>>
>>38981108
>so why do I just want to be single now,
because you're feared of the LDR, just talk with her m9
>>
Heading into a meeting, just ate, half a monster in and i should be good...

fucking tired mates i need a vacation
>>
>>38981189
you the CS guy?
>>
>>38981154
But you can't possibly see how a stressful and unhealthy life style would kill your dick and how actively working towards a healthy lifestyle and mindset would make it work again.

You're right, just don't put any effort forth, things will change that way.

So fucking sick of the victim mindset.
>>
I dumped a girl a year back, now I want her back because I'm lonely as fuck
>>
>>38981207
Not really

I never mentioned what I do, but it isn't computer related. I deal with more networks and security, pen testing, malware, notification, escalation point for our clients. Not really an IT guy, just don't want to discuss what I actually do here

g2g in about 10 minutes though, i usually login to /fit/ and /o/ when i have a minute of free time just to clear my head, get some memes in for the day

The job is stressful as fuck
>>
File: 1473843391537.jpg (89KB, 386x661px) Image search: [Google]
1473843391537.jpg
89KB, 386x661px
Taking a lot of shit again from my depressive batshit girlfriend. It's been quite calm for about two weeks beforehand, but now she's on a new fit of starvation, depression, mania, delusions and totally hates everything that I am and everything that I do.

Daily reminder that sometimes relationships turn life into an endless experience of inescapable, excruciating pain, guilt, sorrow and unhappiness.
>>
File: 1474581412649s.jpg (3KB, 125x103px)
1474581412649s.jpg
3KB, 125x103px
>>38981157
>>38981169
Lads, been doing it for six months. Was pure bliss that never seemed to end at first, and only got harder and harder as our schedules filled up and the 2 hour time difference fucked us over. I'm beginning to think it was a honeymoon phase, which was a massive fear when this started. Looking at it now, it looks like it's been going downhill for a while, and last night culminated in what is effectively a break, save for 1 call a day.

Can't meme away the sense of dread anymore m80s, I feel like this might've been the sinking of the Ladsitania. Dunno if this can continue this absurd trajectory for another year.
>>
>>38981261
fucking talk to her about in man
>>
>>38981255
Then kick her ass or leave.
Why do you torture yourself?
>>
>>38981250
>I deal with more networks and security, pen testing, malware, notification, escalation point for our clients
can you work in that field without having studied? really intereste inthe whole network security line
>>
File: tfw.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>>38980683
>constantly mired by other guys in changing room, n-no homo tho
>best shape of my life
>enough money on the side to keep me fed for 24 months without needing a job
>attending university,i can basically go to the gym whenever the fuck i want to

>other than that, barely any friends
>no sex for 2 1/2 years
>feel like i can't even love another person
>not satisfied with myself (apart from my body, top kek)
>no real ups and downs in my life lately, just kinda vegetating
>not motivated to change any of that

i don't know what it is. i'm not sad but i'm also not happy about anything. i wouldn't consider myself depressed. i just don't give a fuck about anything.

pic strongly related
>>
>>38981099
No, the effects of depression are weight gain, suicidal thought, moodiness, ect.

The mindstate of depression can caused by complacency, unhealthy lifestyle, and ignoring the body and minds desire for continous growth because of things like mental trauma and lack of discipline.

Depression is a lame fucking excuse people use to rationalize laziness and resist change and growth.
>>
>>38981277
It's hard to explain, but I am basically unable to erase her from my life. Even if she would initiate a total break-up, we would still have to face each other regularly. If I were to speak out about wanting to break up, she would start violently injuring herself and threatening suicide in a massive dramatic scene. I know from experience.
>>
>>38981227
As I said, it's not mental factors, some vessel or piece of skin is fucked up according to doc.
>>
>>38981287
I also do hiring

I would not hire someone or recommend them if they do not know basic network troubleshooting, implementation etc..

Good news is though, the industry is growing a lot right now and we just in our dept are growing for the past two years. Things are good in the IT world, time to get into it /NEETS/

They just need a push in the right direction

I'm a direct supervisor to a couple of /NEETS/ turned /LINUX/ gods.

If you want, some basic stuff is to just get into certification training. I've talked about this before, but even if you braindump through something like this you might still make it. Work hard, study and grow with the field...

There's so much opportunity here, but in say a top role most won't get a position like that, you have to be far more than technically skilled, but very trustworthy..

If you want, just study for the basic network stuff and move onto other certs..
>>
>>38981314
Sounds to me like you just don't really have an ambition atm. Looks like you're poised to pick basically whatever the fuck you want and run with it, so I wouldn't worry too much. I say pick up a hobby or a study, see if you can find something to really care about.
>>
>>38981338
thanks man

currently working as a help desk trainee, 1st level support
>>
File: 1475627782026s.jpg (8KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
1475627782026s.jpg
8KB, 250x219px
>>38981269
It fucking sucks, but if there's one thing that these gay fucking threads have taught me, it's that sometimes you need to actually take advice for shit to improve.

I think you're right, anon. Thanks for the push.
>>
>>38981358
That's actually good man

What do you usually do though? How long have you been in that role?

Talk to your management about moving up
>>
>>38981396
been there for like 2.5 years now, no real role of moving up because we're a small company, 150 employees and i'm on a 5 man team covering the whole infrastructure with exchange, ad all that stuff
>>
>>38981391
no problemo
>>
>>38981405
What state are you in??
>>
>>38981451
state over the sea, europe
>>
>>38981462
Are you strictly in an IT support role?
>>
In a long term relationship, live together, etc. stuff is fun sometimes but other times it literally is abusive (she gets physical, super angry and evil, etc. and I sometimes can be mean to I think though I don't hit her or anything; it's still not good).

Of course we both made some mistakes in the passed with the relationship (cheating and such) so I don't blame her for not totally letting that go but it was years ago and it's time to get over it I think.

But really the relationship is probably coming to an end but it is literally almost impossible to end it I think; she will never do it civilly even when she wants to kick me out and stuff. I feel like I would have gone long ago if I knew she wasn't going to go insane and ruin something or other, ruin our money (we share bank accounts, we are pretty much married at this point).

I was literally married when I was a young rascal and got divorced easily with an amicable ex-wife that was completely painless, it is mind boggling how this is worse.

At this point I have literally no friends, no social media for years (don't really care about that but I guess one account would be nice to keep in touch with some folks/family), and really that part doesn't bother me to much I guess.

If it wasn't for the crazy yelling and other shit I'd be pretty content because I do my hobbies, work, study, learn, etc. and am a simple type of guy at this point but that's probably not good either. But with the insanity it is just an idiotic situation but it seems impossible to get out of I guess.

The bottom line is this isn't an emotional issue of a 'tfw' at this point but strictly logistic. I don't want my house, money, boat, dog, life, family, friends, etc. fucked with by ending this relationship and having her go nuts.

I'm literally concerned of her reading this post somehow and going crazy about it and it's not out of simple paranoia, it's something that might actually happen, hah.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.