[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obese land whale chat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 11

Disgusting lardass support group, what are your goals and progress? Starting height and weight? Tips and advice? Non land whales welcome to chime in but please keep it respectful and constructive.

Me
>38
>5'8
>highest weight 411
>current weight 230
>goal weight 160ish
>what I'm doing about it, keto, hiking like a mad man, did over 70 miles this week on trails and light scrambling/bouldering, want to hit the gym but feel out of place

Here's a generic pic but hikes been looking a lot like this. My pics too large, fuck size limits.
>>
>>38971984
Excellent work man keep it up

Embrace the rebirth bro
>>
>>38972078
Thanks bro. My body hates me but too fucking bad for it, I'm fueled by raw stubborn determination, sore muscles and painful blisters be damned.
>>
>>38971984
I support u guys. I'm 5'11 and my max weight was 190lbs, but I can totally see how people get to 400lbs or whatever.

I got a new job a few years ago and a lot of days were "this was stressful, I'm going to reward myself with Wendys" which grew into fast food every single day. on REALLY bad days, I would get like 2 full meals from taco bell. on Fridays, I'd reward myself with a $20 order, and on Monday, the same thing.

If my job was even more stressful or my personal life was super hard, I could totally see myself eating with zero restraints. not to mention I don't even like cake and shit, and if I did, add thousands of more calories.

congrats on you for getting it together though. I'm not super progressive but I think food addiction is very real
>>
>>38972164
Yeah, depression and food addiction was my downfall. It sucked hard, but I can't live like this any more so I have given myself no choice. Now just to get comfortable being in a gym, feel so out of place and self conscious, really fucks with me because of my anxiety issues.

Thinking of popping half a Xanax before going to the gym maybe, I can get em legally easy enough.
>>
>>38972235
I wasnt even that fat in college, but I remember so many days walking to the gym and standing outside of it pacing around being a nervous wreck of going inside. I was terrified of being a noob and needing to walk around and learn everything and dreaded doing something wrong.

after my first few times, I really mellowed out, but I could see it being really hard if I was noticeably out of shape.

obviously everyone on here says no one gives a shit if you're out of shape at a gym, and if anything, someone will think "good for that guy", and that's totally true. I wouldn't blame anyone for taking a xanax before going though just because I know that feel
>>
>>38972301
Yeah having nfc what to do is another aspect. Just be like ok I'm here, now what? I joined a gym that has daily classes on various stuff. Like every 30 mins through the day. And for 30, chest 30 mins, etc, just cycle through them all. Th8nk im gonna start just going to those since its included in membership.
>>
I need to get serious again. I also love food and would foolishly buy the best deal in food, super size for cents more, buying the larger sodas, etc. I finally overcame that fat logic when I read an interesting point in Men's Health.
>Sure that supersized meal is a good investment, if you want returns in fat
I started brewing ice tea to eventually replace soda, then with water. Educated myself on calories and kept track of a food log.

Going to the gym and building muscle can also speed up the fat loss, not to mention that I feel fantastic afterwards everytime. Try going on slow days until you figure it out. You'll wish you started a long time ago, why not start now?
>>
>>38971984
Damn that's straight up inspiring. We're in your corner m8
>>
>>38972385
Yeah man, im actually in the parking lot outside my gym right now. Waiting for a a free session with a trainer in 25 mins, nervous but going through with it.
>>
Have you guys ever tried or looked into intermittent fasting? It can seem daunting at first but I've been doing it for a little over a week now and I feel fantastic.
It's pretty simple
>Go without calories for 16 hours
>Water, black coffee, etc
>Eat for remaining 8 hours.
By fasting for that amount of time your body starts using your fat for energy rather than liver glycogen because you've depleted it all.
>Increased HGH up to 2000 %
>Increased test
>Mucho fat loss
>>
>>38972517
Thanks bro, appreciate it.
>>
>>38972577
I'll look into it thanks.
>>
>28
>5'3
>HW: 355 lbs (or somewhere up to 370 lbs)
>CW: 200 lbs
>GW: I'm not sure yet.
>What I'm doing: Not eating like every meal is my last meal, making better choices, lifting my pathetic dumbells, walking and bodyweight exercises

It's really encouraging to see someone else working to lose so much weight, OP. I know how you feel about the gym, but good on you actually going through with things despite the anxiety. I only have a Planet Fitness by me, which /fit/ always seems to have horrible stories about.
I might end up just buying equipment on craigslist to have my own mini gym.
>>
>>38972763
Hating on Planet Fitness is just for fun. I don't have a Black Card membership to go to any gym(because it's $10 more, double the price, came here to save money), so I only know of my local one.

There are jocks and cardio bunnies, old and fat people. The stories are greatly exaggerated. There is nothing wrong with PF, at least the one here.
>>
>>38973504
Thanks a bunch for saying that, anon.
The price really is what caught my eye and made me still interested despite the rumors. I'll try to muster up the nerve to give it a go soon.
>>
>>38972763
>>38973504
Yeah, the gym I was talking about was planet fitness. I said fuck it and just went. I signed up for the personalized routine meeting thing. Super underwhelming but he gave me a super basic framework to build from.

This is what I did today, logged it on my phone in a note

Oct 5th 2016

Chest press
30 x15
30 x5 20 x5 10 x5
30 x4 20 x6 10 x5

Wide grip lat pull down
55 x15
55 x15
55 x15

Triceps press
60 x 15
60 x 15
60 x 15

Overhead press dumbbells
15 x 14
15 x 4 10 x 11 with breaks
10 x 15

Biceps curl
30 x 15 easy
40 x 15 easy-moderate
40 x 15 finished with difficulty
>>
>>38972577
Helped me now i dont even have to think about it i just do it.
>>
>>38974270
Just do it. I go to pf as well. Sure it osnt the best but it is better than doing nothing. Plus for me its the only 24 hr gym near me and i need to go late at night.
>>
Also I just signed up for a boot camp weight loss challenge. 300 bucks 6 week program. If I follow the rules, which are going in to work out a minimum of 4 days a week, and following a nutrition plan and logging it. If I do all that successfully I get my 300 back at the end. I like the challenge and going for it.

During the 6 weeks I can do any of their programs, cross fit, boot camp, krav maga and some other stuff.
>>
>>38972763
Yeah bro, good on you for getting started earlier than I did. I was just too damn depressed and couldn't be fucked to get dressed and go outside no less to get fit. I'm actually feeling the positive effects of it now and it is just helping me with my momentum, I hope the boot camp stuff is fun.
>>
5'9"
highest weight 265
current weight 179
goal weight 160
what I'm doing: lifting 3 days a week, cardio 2 days a week, yoga/flexibility 1 day a week

My weight loss has really slowed and I know I need to cut out/cut down on some shit to lose faster, but I'm having a tough time motivating myself to do it. Mainly because I still have so much fucking fat after all this weight loss. Manboobs and gut ahoy. Definitely put on some muscle sure, but still not comfortable taking my shirt off in public.
>>
>>38973504
>>38974295
>>38974336
Thanks, everyone! You've convinced me to try it out and stop being such a pansy.

>>38974444
Nice quads. I was going to say the boot camp challenge sounds really interesting and a great way to push you harder while keeping you motivated. You've done amazingly so far, and if you're the man I'm thinking of that I've seen progress photos of, you're very inspiring to me. I wish you the best in this challenge...Well, not wish because I think you can definitely do it.
I've been feeling kind of down because of the whole loose skin situation many of us will be facing, but your comment and your positivity really brightened my day. I told myself I wouldn't be bothered by it, but I still can't help it once in a while.
>>
File: beforeAndAfter.jpg (4MB, 7272x2480px) Image search: [Google]
beforeAndAfter.jpg
4MB, 7272x2480px
Started to change my lifestyle 4 months ago

>22
>6ยด3"
>highest weight 300lb
>Current 220lb
>Goal 195lb
>High in protein diet , drinking at least 6l of water , running/walking 15km per day , lifting .

Pic related.
>>
>>38974505
I know that feeling well of losing motivation and being frustrated that you still look fat. Try to keep in mind how the closer you get to your goal, the more every single pound lost will reveal way more than when you lost that first huge chunk. You're getting there and you will get there.
>>
>>38974670
That's an impressive 4 months. Good job so far, man.
>>
>>38974623
Nah, never posted any progress pics, I hate pictures of myself so never take them, hopefully ill get over that hang up eventually. Definitely gonna need surgery for the skin when I hit my goal weight though.

Thanks for the kind words, don't be discouraged by the loose skin. It's something we will all need to deal with after losing a bunch of weight. Surgery is available so it is fixable. Loose skin or not just being healthy and feeling good is more important than a minor cosmetic issue like saggy skin.
>>
>>38974956
That's a bummer you haven't posted progress photos. At least I know there are multiple people losing weight in the upper 300's or higher and I don't feel quite so alone.I dislike taking photos of myself as well, so unlike everyone else, I at least wear clothes in mine.
Even if you don't end up wanting to post progress shots here, it can still be good for you to keep for yourself. It's nice to have the option to look back and see how far you've come if you later end up wanting to.

Thanks for the pep talk there. I need to keep reminding myself that there are so many in the same situation. Being healthy along with not feeling so much anxiety around others are the two main reasons why I started in the first place.
>>
>>38975287
Oh I've got a pair of pants that I comfortably fit into one of the legs to remind me.
>>
>>38975362
That's a great way to remind yourself. I honestly never even thought about doing that with my own pants.
>>
>>38975561
Yeah, kinda freaks me out to remember how much I hated then because they were too tight.
>>
>>38971984
Quit keto and do low carb. It sucks, but is the price you have to pay. Keto is just fooling yourself. Just control your portions, eat veggies like they are chocolate and drink a lot of water.

Start C25k ASAP. If you can hike, you can build enough strengh and aerobic capacity to run 5k 3 times a week in about 2 months. Join a gym when you are half into that program.

I'm 6' and was 240 when I started 2 years ago (I was 35). It took me about 6 months to get to 170, and I've managed to mantain the weight by running and lifting.
>>
I don't want this thread to die this soon.
Gotta say, it's nice seeing so many older guys here when most of /fit/ seems to be early 20's.
>>
MW: 270
CW: 192
Height: 5'11
I dont know if its just me or if its something all fat people get.
For some reason no matter how much i lose i always feel like im as fat as my max size.
I mean i can see i look different in clothes but when i see myself naked i feel like im still huge.
>>
>>38977570
Yeah I know the feeling. I lost a whole lot but I still feel massive. I'm thinking when I get closer to my goal weight it'll be different. I hope.
>>
>>38975775
Keto been working for me tho. I started it on my doctors recommendation. Why do you believe it is bad? My knees can't handle the running at my current Weight but I will attempt it again when I lose about 20 more lbs.
>>
>>38978631
Because is OK until you need energy to perform real hard tasks like running, which is what really gives you health benefits and helps you loose weight. Keto is just a way to avoid confronting a proper cut and when you get to that ideal weight, you'll bounce the minute you stop eating steaks. You need to drop fat, and that implies burning it actively and for this to work you need clean carbs.
>>
>>38977570
I hear this so often that I think it's something many people go through.
>>
>>38979984
Yeah, a lot about body image is mental.
>>
OP here, today I go for the weight loss boot camp challenge orientation in about 10 hours from now. I'm actually excited. I'm horribly anxious bc of my social anxiety issues too, but I've never been excited about exercising before.

So it's a new experience for me. Hope it goes well.
>>
>>38980574

exercise brings people together, your anxiety will go away once you're sucking air, might even meet people during it
>>
>>38980604
Yeah, I've met some really cool people on my hikes. Most of them are older, seems like a lot of retired folks hike.
>>
>>38971984
I'm 5ft4 and 75kg. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud of myself for having lost those 10kgs. My goal is 60 and maybe less.

Every day I want to die a little less.
>>
>>38980574
Tell us how it goes, OP. I'm actually really interested.
>>
>>38974670
How many calories a day do you eat?

That is seriously impressive progress in 4 months.
>>
>>38980948
Yeah those first two or three hikes made me hate life. Now they are still difficult, I got wiped out and had to stop when we got to like 9600 feet, highest I've been yet, but I don't dread the idea anymore I enjoy the challenge and to see just how far I can go. Going from getting wiped out walking a half a block to get my mail to what I am doing now is such a total change in everything for me.
>>
>>38971984
Good job OP, keep that shit up. Youre gonna make it

>31
>5'11"
>Started @ 357
>Currently @ 243
>Goal is under 200 for now

Strict low cal diet, lots of cardio. No soda, no sweets, no eating out. So far so good.
>>
>>38980948
Good on you bro, just keep at it. The way I see it I am suffering in the short term for my overall long term goal.
>>
>>38981015
Thanks man, excellent work so far, I can't wait until I get under 200. I haven't been sub 200 since I was like 11. It will be big milestone.
>>
OP decided to walk a few miles around local park, after my second lap was approaching a cute Asian chick. We were both looking down at our phones and I looked up one second before she did. Our eyes met and she abruptly turned 180 and headed the other way. Lol. Not even sweating it. Decided to hike up the near by mountain too for whatevs. Boot camp starts in a out 6 hours, considering walking around the park a few more times or maybe just go home and rest up for later. Ah, one or two more laps won't kill me.
>>
Seems the further I go the easier it becomes, anyone else have that experience?
>>
>high was 307
>currently 207
>still feel grossly fat
>getting to a point where I'm not even close to the fattest person in the room anymore
>some friends noticeably bitter now
>met this fucking amazing grill recently, intellectual, thick but not fat, love just being around her
>still dropping weight
>she's kind of subtly said that I'm thinner than her, as if it matters (for the record I'm not)
>just wanna be her sikk cunt boyfriendo that makes her friends jealous
>lose friends, might lose grill because I'm losing weight.
>still feel grossly fat

All I can do is watch them dissapear. Does /fit/ know these feels?
>>
>>38982126
I don't personally since I'm a friendless permavirgin, but I've heard stories of family and friends going the crab route instead of bettering their own lives. The gf thing and losing them can happen as well since they end up feeling self-conscious and not worthy or become paranoid you'll leave/cheat.

If she continues to bring it up comparing you two or mentions her weight, perhaps just telling her that you love her how she is, but you have her back if she wants to change will work enough. Telling her how your confidence increased and how fun it would be to work out together as a couple could be fun.
I'd be jelly if that happens, but I wish you the best in holding onto her and your friends.
>>
>>38982112

Yes, because you gradually get into a new norm. Once you're in it, it just becomes simple, and you can progress from there. Starting to distance yourself from a shitty lifestyle is the hardest
>>
>>38982126
You need too take her with you. Start on walks, later do hikes, end up at the gym. Maybe she'll get into zumba or workout classes for women later. If she's not into it, I'm sorry to say she's a gains goblin.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (1MB, 2679x1841px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
1MB, 2679x1841px
Me
>22
>6'7
>HW: ~400
>CW: 267
>GW: 225
>What I'm doing: basic calorie counting, haven started any routine exersizes yet

I've been lagging a bit lately, looking to get back on track.
>>
>>38982699
Nice job losing all that weight, anon. You look pretty damn good for someone who isn't even doing much in the way of exercise. If you start lifting, you'll look like a beast at that height.
>>
>>38982699
Nice work, definitely kick it up with some activity you aren't that far off from looking good.
>>
>>38981111
Nice quads

Hopefully that sub 200 feeling is going to be as exciting as I think it is. I think I was in middle school or so. Keep working hard and keep updating us.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161006-135940.jpg (213KB, 992x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161006-135940.jpg
213KB, 992x2100px
>>38983275
Yeah I'm stoked. I went up the mountain a few times and lapped the park a bunch. Here's my "warm-up" stats for boot camp later today. My gear fit 2 says I ascended the equiv of 45 flights of stairs.

Finished it off with lunch of 3 grilled chicken thighs.
>>
>>38983965
I really need to step it up after hearing about you.
>>
Finally a thread for me.

>5'7
>HW: 300#
>LW: 209#
>CW:235

All of those big weight fluctuations this year. I need to add cardio back in to drop weight like I used to but lifting is so much more fun.
>>
>>38985416
Thanks bro. It's rough but stick with it and the momentum will build and it will almost be like nothing. I've got sore shins and my feet hate me because of blisters and peeling skin but honestly it is nothing compared to the pain of wallowing in depressed misery on my computer chair or couch. I just take ibuprofen and carry on.

If I, the most unlikely human being to exercise ever can do it, so can you!
>>
>>38985461
I'm going at it the other way around, lots of cardio but I want to incorporate more lifting. Working at getting over my fatty in the gym anxiety. I'm weak as fuck as you can see from my lifting log from yesterday.
>>
112kg to 97kg here. 180cm.

Started mid july by just eating less and walking 5km every day.

How far should I go ? is 70kg enough ?
>>
>>38985574
I'm just going with what my "ideal" BMI is supposed to be. It isn't very scientifically accurate because it does not account for muscle mass but I'm not super muscly so good enough for me and a goal to aim for most importantly.
>>
File: 1 start.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
1 start.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
Starting here, end goal is to drop 60lbs. Sick of everyone looking over all my accomplishments while praising the exact same thing that an acquaintance of mine does because she's fit. The other day we were climbing up an old tower and I got much higher than her, but when we got home all I heard was "can you believe anonette did that, I wish I was able to do that" like I hadn't done it at all.

It used to bother me that I got ignored, but I realized that I can't expect others to respect me if I don't respect myself,and getting back in shape is the first step to that.
>>
>>38985705

Forgot stats

>21
>6'2
>280

Currently cutting to 60% tdee, doing lots of body weight exercising and an hour of medium intensity cardio per day.
>>
>>38982428
I've always been builtfat, max weight of 225.
I decided that i was sick of being in great shape but looking like shit (cant out train a bad diet, amirite?)
Dropped to 205 in the last two months, and for every person that comments on how good/slim I look, I get another person that makes some sort of sarcastic or jealous comment. Or people just assume that you're judging them when they eat shit food in front of you.
It's just the way people are, you get used to it.
>>
Ok so I'm at the boot camp, kinda intimidating, there's crazy rope ladders and shit here, I've never climbed a rope in my life.
>>
>>38985950
Yeah fuck haters and just do you.
>>
>>38971984

Pro tip, screenshot your pic.
>>
>>38985950
That blows hardcore. Maybe it's a good thing I'm friendless since I get to skip that part.
>>
why are you self deprecating?
>>
>>38988666
Which post are you referring to?
>>
>>38988750
I'm guessing they're talking about OP with the disgusting lardass comment and they're just new to 4chan.
>>
>>38988666
Op here. Because I am a realist who does not sugar coat the facts. HAES is bullshit. Fat acceptance is bullshit. I don't feel like I am self deprecating by just accepting the facts and telling it like it is.
>>
>>38971984
To everyone ITT:
You ARE lifting on the side to make sure you look as little as a molten candle as possible at the end of your cut, right?
>>
>19
>5'7
>f, with pcos
>hw 306
>cw 238

idk what to do about the anxiety, i cant live in this body anymore but im letting it rule the fuck out of me. how do you battle that shit
>>
>>38991140
>f, with pcos
(you)

>cant live in this body anymore but im letting it rule the fuck out of me. how do you battle that shit
You're losing weight, already down a shitload. Why are you whining?
>>
>>38991049
I don't like the gym atmosphere but I am doing some upper body there. I just joined a boot camp program and gonna see how that is like, start Monday. They do stuff like drag tires across fields and obstacle courses, sounds a bit less sterile and more fun. Dunno if it will be sufficient to not look like a melted candle tho.
>>
>>38991321
sorry i worded that poorly, i meant the anxiety is controlling me. i have a hard time going outside, like a lot of people here.
and i'm not sure why you quoted the pcos thing. do you want to know what it stands for?
>>
>>38991140
>pcos
I've been wondering if I have it myself because of the symptoms that come along with it, but I'm being a baby about getting myself checked out.
Do you find that you end up having to eat fewer calories to lose weight than what's normal?

Many here deal with anxieties related to our weight, but it's praiseworthy you're so young and have started doing something about. Keep it up because you've lost a great amount as it is. Hopefully, as you keep pushing yourself with getting to a normal weight, the anxieties will melt away as the pounds do.

>>38991383
They're just being an ass. I suggest ignoring them if they comment again to not shit up the thread.
>>
>>38991140
Op here, I am the exact same way. The only thing I can do about it is grin and bear it. I constantly remind myself it doesn't have to be this way. I don't have to feel ungainly and disgusting. I don't have to be afraid of social situations. I don't have to be sad today. I don't have to be depressed.

I DO have to DO something about it.
I DO have the power to change.
I DO have the will.
I DO have the strength to fight through the doubt and the pain and humiliation.

If I can DO this, I think anyone can. I am not an exceptional person. I am just a fed up one. I have two paths to choose from, I can check out of life (which I've considered for a long time, but never went through with it, and I'm glad now) or check in and see where the road takes me.

You're off to a good start. It gets better. Push yourself, discover your limits and attain them. When that becomes easy reach your new ones.

Good luck. Though you don't really need luck, because you CAN do it.
>>
>>38991419
thank you so much for the reply, it really means a lot! honestly i feel guilty waiting this long to do anything but at least it's before 20-21

for calories, i honestly have a very hard time eating nowadays. i just feel guilty about it. usually my limit is 1200 but i barely reach that.

various doctors always suggest different things with diet too. i think mainly it's no dairy, and lower carbs, actually any diet similar to a diabetes one desu. a lot of it has to do with insulin and trying to balance your hormones

i hope you don't end up having pcos. that being said if you do it's okay. just slight adjustments. need those big gains on patience tho, shit takes so long
>>
>>38991486
sorry for the double posting but i'm about to go to bed and wanted to say thank you for your reply.
you're doing fantastic too and it's very motivational to see others getting active. makes you feel a lot less alone and alienated
>>
>>38971984
>my.. is too large, fuck size limits
hahahahhah OP you card!
>>
>>38991508
Yeah, I started this thread because I have no one to talk to irl about these things in a frank an honest manner. Nobody who'd understand. It's good to know I am not alone.
>>
>>38991511
My ass used to be too large for movie seats, arm rests with built in cup holders that were locked in the down position were the bane of my existance. Hard to enjoy a movie when those things are painfully biting into your massive legs the whole time.
>>
>>38991489
1200 calories for someone 5'7 seems so low. I'm guessing it's true pcos does mean you have a slower metabolism than others. I hope you're making sure you're at least getting proper vitamins and protein, anonette. Just don't let guilt affect your health and take away the nutrients your body needs to keep going and keep your skin as healthy as it can be to prevent more damage.
>any diet similar to a diabetes one
I've noticed carbs really seem to set me back. I think I'll have to get back on track with a keto diet like I did when I started.

>>38991548
I hope we can have these threads once in a while and keep it up. I don't know anyone in a similar situation or have anyone to share with, so this thread has been really wonderful and given me a bit of a boost.
>>
>>38991699
As long as I continue my struggle I will make these threads.
>>
File: 20161007_074655-1024x1218.jpg (450KB, 1024x1218px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_074655-1024x1218.jpg
450KB, 1024x1218px
>>38986532
Here's one pic from mount Charleston.
>>
Height: 5'11
HW:320
CW: 270
What I'm doing: 1500 calorie limit, no sugar, minimal fast food, no sweets, water, coffee, unsweetened tea. Lifting every day, different muscle group per day, 2scoops cmon son, preworkout. Riding my bicycle after I fix it up

My mood gets severely shitty unless I go to the gym each day. I wake up feeling like shit and lash out at everyone. Only time I miss a day is if I fall asleep after work (physical job) and the gym closes in 2 hours.

Although I'm 30lbs heavier than I was in highschool, I have never felt better. I'm lifting 500% more than I did back then, and I don't plan to slow down

Goal weight is 180, subject to change to 160 once I get there. Hoping to be decent looking by May (22nd birthday)
>>
>skim through thread
>no one is doing full body workouts
Why is this allowed?
>>
File: IMG_2762.jpg (124KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2762.jpg
124KB, 540x720px
Height: 5ft
HW: 180lb
CW: 135lb

Can't seem to go down anymore. At least not as quickly. Im already eating 1000cal. Should I eat at a bigger deficit?

Also, Im doing Greyskull and C25K for reference.
>>
>>38992733
So what are we doing wrong obi wan? Bear in mind this is a thread for people who are obese and physical activity is a new and scary thing for. I hike, figure that covers my lower body, I started lifting, you can see my first workout log above. I'm starting boot camp monday.

What am I missing? What's a whole body workout in your terms? I'm sore all over, aren't I working out my whole body?

Honestly curious.
>>
>>38992420
Nice progress bro, good shit. Keep it up. Wish I felt comfortable in a gym.
>>
>>38992799
I am not a guru or dietician. But from what I read you either need to up your exercise or eat more because you might be in starvation mode. Sometimes people can just plateau for long periods too for some mysterious reason.
>>
>>38992863
Well kind of, Im also doing IF. But I'll try to up the exercise. If not then I'll try to eat 1200cals. Thanks Anon
>>
>birthday yesterday
>8,000 calories of cake in the fridge
wish somebody else would eat it already
>>
>>38992849
When I started at the gym at 320 lbs, I didn't feel like I belonged. I actually skipped 2 months of gym time because of it, until my friend went with me one day and lifted with me. At the end, he asked me if anyone laughed at me, talked to me, or looked at me with disgust like I thought they did. And you know what? Nobody did. Nobody in the gym cares about how fat you are, how weak you are, what you lift. Everyone is there working out because they want to be better. Don't let your false sense of dread stop you from making positive life changes for yourself. Get in there, turn up your lifting music, and get to it, anon.
>>
>>38993036
>reasoning with a sperg
haha, good luck m8
I'm sure he hasn't heard this a million times before!
>>
>>38993032
Why not just freeze your cake and eat it slowly? If the cake wasn't even that great and kind of dry, freezing it will also end up making it a little moister.
>>
>>38993105
Hey man, I'm a sperg too. Sometimes spergs just need to read nice words.
>>
>>38992837
>What am I missing? What's a whole body workout in your terms? I'm sore all over, aren't I working out my whole body?
Do SS or SL. You'll gain muscle WHILE losing fat. Don't be like me where I cut from 205-145 in a year, ended a skelly, then started bulking to my current 175. Bulking after you've been fat is a scary thing but don't waste your time being a faggot and do both at the same time.
>>
>weight now 73kg (161lbs for amerifriends)
>height 170cm (5'7 in freedomland)
>goal weight like 63kg (139 in burger units)
>what I do about it
I tried losing weight so often this year but I always start overeating again, often I'd lose like 3kg and then comes a holiday/birthday/etc. and I gain everything back
this was the last time overeating though
>yesterday
>Eat a shit ton of food
>This morning threw it all up since I'm sick, can clearly see the pieces of undigested food in there
>whydidIeatthisshit.jpg
>some of it was stuck in my nose, getting it out there was disgusting
>am basically fucking disgusted by myself
>decided that this will be it, I'll lose weight this time or off myself
After I lost enough weight I'll start going to the gym, tfwnogf is hitting me really hard everyday, hope I'll keep some of my leg strenght for mad squatz
>>
File: misfits.gif (925KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
misfits.gif
925KB, 212x176px
>>38993845
>some of it was stuck in my nose, getting it out there was disgusting
Good thing I don't plan on eating for a good while.

>>38992799
Have you tried a change in diet for a few days? Sometimes that can apparently shock the body into starting up into weight loss again.
>>
>5ft11
>highest weight 245
>current weight 230
>goal weight whatever works for rugby, strength/bf% balance
>cutting at 1500, SL5x5,cycling swimming and rugby

since i play prop i need to be heavier, however that weight needs to be muscle not a beer gut.
>>
>>38971984
>31
>5'8
>HW - 234
> CW - 188
>GW 160 at least or lower

Started my cut around late May with a lot of diet changes. Soda is the devil!
Mainly just been doing a shit ton of cardio from boxing.

I started out after feeling really nasty and unhealthy, this week was a fairly good week, haven't felt sick as shit and all bloated throughout the day.
It's also really awesome to see my punch combinations start to connect and set the heavy bag flying with them during my workouts too.
>>
178cm, 28 years
Was 125kg in april
now at 98kg
goal is 75kg

Don't have lose skin yet as far as I can tell, but my stretchmarks are worrying me in this regard. Looking like C2fitness (see youtube) wouldn't bother me, but if I go through all this just to end up with nightmarish amounts of disgusting loose skin I'll kill myself sooner than I had planned.
>>
>6'3"
>250 lbs
I eat good lean meat and love veggies, but I have a serious weakness for craft beer. I also fell off the wagon on my running, and lost my job. So today I got up and started running again. No more of this shit. Goal weight 190.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160920-152515-2.png (1MB, 1075x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160920-152515-2.png
1MB, 1075x1081px
Hi Whales, I used to be like you. 392lbs at one point now I'm 200lbs and have maintained this weight for over about 2 years now. If you guys have any questions about anything lemme know

https://content.tigerfitness.com/transformation-tyler-fleming/
>>
>>38996055
Lose skin, is surgery the only way to totally rid of it?
>>
File: progress.jpg (322KB, 2096x810px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
322KB, 2096x810px
>>38971984
Will I ever make it?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160916-134247.png (656KB, 1078x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160916-134247.png
656KB, 1078x1070px
>>38996093
to get totally rid of it yes, If you're big enough that you will indefinitely have loose skin then surgery is truly the only way to remove it. However lifting weights and dieting helps a tremendous amount. As you see in my physique my legs, arms and chest don't have much loose skin (atleast not anything significantly noticeable). I've lost almost 200lbs and have never had surgery. I owe this strictly to dieting to lose fat and lifting weights to build muscle. My skin in those areas of my body do not have much fat to cling to and hang from because I have lost most of it through dieting and weight lifting.

I still have some loose skin on my chest but it isn't noticeable in clothing and I still have some on my stomach but again, it isn't noticeable with clothing and it isn't so bad that I need to have cosmetic surgery to improve it. Lose the weight, build a foundation of muscle and you will hopefully gain a bit of self worth and admiration for your body that you will see a little bit of loose skin as not a big deal because in the grand scheme of things it really isn't.
>>
>>38996055
Fantastic bro. Inspirational.
>>
>>38993105
Fuck you are dense. I may be a sperg but hearing of others experiences actually does inspire me to work harder. It's the entire reason I started this thread.
>>
>>38993036
>>38993330
Sperg or not thank you for sharing your experience. Sometimes a little common ground and history is all that's needed for motivation.
>>
I'm thinking of just buying a bench and a set of weights on Craigslist. Why not use my garage that I just store useless shit in? Rather do this than go to the gym. There any pros cons to doing this? Any good reasons not to?

Also thoughts on cross fit? Any of you anons try it? Boot camp I joined offers it and was thinking of trying it.
>>
>6'5
>475
>250 swole goal
>working on avoiding junk/fast food, counting calories, swapping red meat for chicken/turkey whenever possible

I have a moderately intense manual labor job and I'm hopeful that controlling my intake will give me results, but even just that is a challenge.
>>
>>38977570

I feel the exact same way. Been from 280 to 190 a couple times and I always feel the same.
>>
>>38997683
>There any pros cons to doing this? Any good reasons not to?
Not that I can think of if you only want to lift weights. I'd like to do the same, but I also want to work other areas and the gym will provide those machines.
>>
>>38999510
Yeah I just want to do starting strength or stronglifts.
>>
>>38996251
could i see your chest?
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.