[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I doing wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1460777105262.jpg (23KB, 540x498px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460777105262.jpg
23KB, 540x498px
I know I'm not a special snowflake. I have read everything here and on so many other sites. Maybe I'm confused. I've been working out 3-4 days a week for the past month, 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of using machines and free weights. I've eaten mostly clean, 1200 calories a day, no soda, no beer, don't crave/eat sweets. I take meds for hypothyroid, so my metabolism should be normal. Why have I not lost a pound? Should I try 1000 kcal? Cut out a specific food group?
>>
How are you counting your calories?
>>
>>38968830
Keep going for another few weeks and if you haven't lost anything then go to the doctor. if all you say is true you have a serious health issue
>>
The simplest answer is that you're probably eating more than 1200 calories. Unless you're pulling out the food scale and weighing your foods that aren't premade or come with nutrition info, your numbers are likely off.

If you are diligently measuring everything, though, then that's something you need to discuss with your doctor
>>
>>38968830
What, specifically, are you eating in a day?

At the moment it appears your major mistakes are (1) expecting results after one month, (2) not trying very hard at the gym, and/or (3) misdocumenting your food intake.
>>
>>38968844
>>38968866
I'm using mfp, a food scale...I eat pretty much the same thing every day. 2 eggs, a salad with spinach and cheese, baked chicken, broccoli and a sweet potato on the days I work out. I measure out oils and butter and whatnot.

>>38968855
Well now I'm worried ):
>>
>>38968830
Mostly clean.

That might be the problem. Try going on a strict meat and veg diet for a week, no snacking no liquids save for water.
Find your true tdee and cut 750 calories from that.
Yes it's going to be hard and it's going to suck but you're going to have to be fairly tough on yourself...

Wait..
How much do you fucking weigh now.
What's your height and weight.
>>
>>38968911
Hmm. I overestimate if anything. I work out until I'm sore the next day, should I push harder? I guess I'll stick with it.
>>
IF YOU DIDNT' LOSE WEIGHT TODAY

EAT LESS TOMORROW
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (237KB, 1100x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
237KB, 1100x1380px
>>38968844
>>38968855
>>38968866
>>38968911
>>
You might be the god.
Termodynamichs first rule is energy cannot be created.
If you eat at a deficit and still not lose weight,this means you are creating energy out of nowhere.
You are the god OP.
>>
>>38968928
How do I find my TDEE? I'm 5'2", right now I'm at 238.
>>
>>38968936
What, specifically, are you eating in a day?

What are you doing at the gym?

What hours do you sleep?
>>
>>38968966
I know, it sounds really stupid. I feel like I'm missing something simple.
>>
File: happening.jpg (47KB, 602x481px) Image search: [Google]
happening.jpg
47KB, 602x481px
>>38968844
>>38968855
>>38968866
>>38968911
4 dubs in a row speak wisdom.
>>
>>38968830
You are eating too much, no question about it.
>>
you probably suck at working out
>>
>>38968968
I Don't know your tdee but it's definetely something higher than 2000. There is great aarticle on "body in starvation mode" you can read that at exrx.net . If you are sre about your calorie intake go to a doctor
>>
>>38969014
Oh. I thought that was a myth
>>
>>38968968
Holy fuck 5'2 and 238 lbs? That's sick asuming you have probably poor muscle mass. Go find out your TDEE (google TDEE calculator) with only 1200 calories a day you should be starving every day and lose weight. Either your medicine doesn't work or your full of shit about your diet
>>
>>38969027
I'm always hungry and really tired. That's why I came here. I'm miserable and not even seeing results. So I'm not eating enough? Won't I just get bigger if I eat more? I'm so confused
>>
>>38969053
A 30 minute workout probably isn't burning enough calories I usually go for 1 to 1.5 hours just lifting plus cardio
>>
OP if you dont answer this >>38968969 then it's clear you have shit organization, no clue what youre doing and your lack of progress is your own fault, not some genetic anomaly.
>>
>>38968968
Mostly clean means that your diet is shit but you don't know it.

Follow a strict as fuck diet. Go to bodyrecomp. The diet advice there will help you lose weight period.

>>38969020
It is, your body WILL burn LESS calories because you're losing body mass.
You'll also think you're not losing weight, if your diet is on point and you are being active then you are in fact losing weight.
Your body is just holding onto water to fill your body out.

You're also probably moving a lot less then you were before as well. Go onto youtube and look up lyle mcdonald's talk on women losing weight.
It's fairly interesting.
After that, go over your diet with a fine tooth comb. It's more then likely not as clean as you think.
>>
>>38969065
Well not OP here but 1200 calories is really low, and he said 30 cardio + 30 lifting. Which is okay.
>>
>>38969080
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm on my feet all day at work too. I'm almost always moving between work and the kids and taking care of the house. Idk. Maybe my meds aren't right or I'm eating in my sleep.
>>
>>38969053
>I'm so confused

You are a woman, and you are definitely lying about your calorie intake. Stop lying and your regimen will work.
>>
>>38969078
I already answered what I ate and do at the gym. I sleep 11 pm to 6 am. Idk why everyone here has to be such a shithead, I'm just asking for help.
>>
>>38969163
If that's true, then it's more then likely water weight that you're carrying around.

Please tell me you aren't eating diet stuff.
>>
>>38969080
Are you a retard? its not a myth.
>>
>>38969188
Oh, I drink a bottle of diet soda every day. It was 2 or more, but I cut it down. And splenda in my coffee. Is that bad?
>>
>>38969189
Your metabolism, once you realize that your body is not burning as many calories because it's SMALLER, will slightly slow down but not so much that it just STOPS all fat loss.

Look up the "whoosh" effect.
>>
>>38969205
Please tell me this is a troll and not OP.
>>
>>38969252
No...whats wrong with diet soda?
>>
>>38969205
Or is it the splenda?
>>
>>38969260
It's trash and is holding you back.
It's also why you seemingly haven't lost any weight.
Cut out all liquids save for maybe black coffee and water.
And drink over a half gallon a day.

Just from that one change alone you'll see remarkable changes in how your body looks and feels.

>>38969281
Splenda, is by every single fucking metric you can name, WORSE then simple fucking cane sugar. Use fucking real sugar. Not that horrible trash.
>>
>>38969362
Aw. I had no idea. ): I'll give it a try. Thanks!
>>
>>38969185
You said you do "cardio" and "machines and free weights."

What type of cardio?

How far do you go in 30 minutes?

What type of exercises are you doing with weights and machines?

Why have you chosen machines and freeweights over barbell compound lifts?

Finally, what, specifically, are you eating in a day? You never said what you eat, only the claimed number of calories.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.