[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punch harder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: download (7).jpg (7KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
7KB, 272x185px
Tips and routines for punching harder? I'm getting into boxing after doing taekwondo for years and I want to be able to hit harder and faster
>>
>>38967072
Try harder
>>
Heavy Bag.
Erry day. Take a break if wrists/hands hurt too much.
>>
>>38967091
Cool, anything else?
>>
Nice punch>strong punch desu senpai.
>>
File: download (8).jpg (7KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
7KB, 259x195px
>>38967111
Why not both
>>
>>38967125
Too intelligent to lift
>>
>>38967072
Get gud genetics
>>
>>38967136
I've been told lifting everyday makes your punches slower
>>
>>38967102
No idea, I'm not a boxer, but do bag every day for cardio, and after watching some form videos, my punches have been getting noticeably stronger and faster, as well as my knuckles getting bigger.
>>
>>38967164

Then why did Bruce Lee lift weights?
>>
>>38967194
>my knuckles getting bigger
You're not supposed to be doing it with barehands
>>
Punching harder = technique + timing

everything is in the legs, really. Learn to body weight transfert from your foot to your hand
>>
>>38967072
Have you tried something like practicing punching? I'm no expert or anything but it seems like it might be a good place to start.
>>
>>38967220
For girls
>>
>>38967220
Because he was a fucking actor and not a boxer.
>>
>>38967220
I'm sure he did it with fast movements. I meant that doing a ton of weight over a long period of time makes you train your slow twitch muscle fibers.
>>
>>38967227
Light gloves
>>
>>38967286
I'm guessing you don't use wraps
>>
>>38967164
Depends on how you lift. 12 sets of 12? Slobro. Doing oly lifts improves speed.

Back in the 50s they did trials where all the athletes competed in all the sports. The oly lifters won in practically every speed based sport including sprinting, jumping, swimming, etc. Now almost all olympic athletes incorporate explosive lifts into their training.
>>
You must have had a shitty TKD teacher if you are asking us for advice on how to punch.
>>
>>38967072
Have weighted gloves. My training gloves are 16oz and sparing gloves are 12s.
Use your body when you punch twist through from your hips focus on speed and form. With my martial arts we wear gis and you know your punching speed is right when the gi makes like a cracking sounds.

When punching make sure your contact point is with your striking knuckles which are the first 2 near your thumb. This will keep your wrist aligned with your forearm to prevent injury.

Also doing pushups on your knuckles is good itll help condition your knuckles but also help with more explosive power
>>
>>38967303
No, I'm not hitting a real person with bones, and my sessions rarely go past 15-30 mins, so I don't really see the point.
>>
>>38967361
I've got great punches I just want them to be better. Besides, TKD is a kicking sport
>>
>>38967374
It's just as important for the heavy bag.
It protects your wrists and knuckles.
>>
>>38967374
Wraps are more important than gloves. You will fuck up your wrist.

t. Boxer going pro in 2-3 years.
>>
Wrap hands up, punch heavy bags until your hands are sore. Train forearms and grip strength, I carry one of those hand squeezers around and just hold down on it in each hand until tired throughout the day, even as I play vidya or walk or something, makes em bigger and stronger.

Learn how to punch properly as well to prevent injury and allow more pain on the opponent. If you're crazy you can do what the North Korean military does, punch tree bark until your hands are shredded, then punch sharp things like a broken soda can, sharp aluminum. It heals up, callousing and making your skin thicker, less pain from punching, give it a shot ace.
>>
>>38967072
explosive lifting
>ie. Grenade presses
>grenade curls
>dynamite pulldowns
drink lots of c4 for preworkout. not that juice shit. drink the one that EXPLODES
>>
>>38967374
The point is injury prevention, and I assume you see it but choose to disregard it.
>>
holy shit not even a single comment advised to actually go out and learn how to box.
fuck this board.
>>
>>38968434
>I'm getting into boxing after doing taekwondo for years

Fuck your reading comprehension, moron.
>>
>>38967220

>Implying Bruce Lee was anything but a DYEL manlet with shit tier (asian) genetics.
>>
>>38967072
Step one, fuck taekwondo
Step two, listen to your boxing instructor
>>
Train, train, train.
Power comes with technique which comes with practice.
>>
Get your technique right. Most important part.

If you don't know how to snap your punches then you've been wasting your time.

Then just experiment to see what gets you that little bit extra. It can be something as simple as turning that hand over just that little bit extra to stepping instead of dragging that rear foot forward for the rear straights.
>>
>>38967072
You are gonna have to learn how to drop your weight slightly, by that i mean having your knees constantly bent with with great balance so you can throw strong punches without having to constantly adjust your stance, remember to turn your hips and learn to manage your weight between your feet, like when throwing your left hook most of your weight should switch to your right leg in order to turn your left leg when throwing it, same with the straight right weight should be on your left leg while your turning your right leg, and remember with straight punches it is not just the hips that turn but shoulders as well and when throwing hooks you want to keep your elbow up instead of lowered good advice for a hook is to feel like your using your elbow instead of your hand.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.