[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /fit/. I decided on going back to working out but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Greetings /fit/. I decided on going back to working out but I'm a broke-ass college student so i don't have the time and money to go the gym. I would like to try out calisthenic work-outs and my friend recommended me this book called "convict condition". Is this any good?
note: I'm a measly 132 pound guy
>>
>>38965908
i have the book, it's basic but it's a good start, the progression in the book is okay but the programs at the end are complete trash.
>>
>>38965966
You mean the Master Steps? how so?
>>
>>38965966
Pretty much this. Convict Conditioning is good to achieve a basic amount of strenght, but don't expect any significant improvements with that program, specially at the end.

Also fuck leg raises. The book emphasizes them like they are the second coming of Christ, but in my experience there are much better ab/core exercises.

There are no gym in your college? How about buying a pair of dumbbells?

Even a 20Kg set of dumbbells will be better than calisthenics.
>>
>>38965972
the programs are either too hard or too easy, you need to come up with a good routine, with different exercises, not 10 to 20 sets of push ups and push ups variations
but when you will be able to do pull ups and push ups the proper way, hopefully you'll understand how it works
i've never done calisthenics so i can't give you a decent routine, but i can give you some advice
don't limit yourself to the exercises in the book, search for reddit's recommended routine, it's decent
when you are strong enough to do push ups and dips with good form (by that i mean fully controlling the movement) you should buy rings but it's a long way
the program teaches you how to do them right with baby steps like, knee push ups and negative pull ups
>>
>>38966049
>Even a 20Kg set of dumbbells will be better than calisthenics.

IMO if you do a good routine and do progressions in the 5-8 range you will get decent results as long as you eat enough

the main problem is working legs since there is no replacement for deadlifts but even then its still possible
>>
>>38966049
Sadly no college gym. I'm planning to buy a pair of dumbbells once i got the basics down
>>38966063
I see, I'll just follow the book till I got the basic pull-ups and push-ups then I'll search for other sources for the advanced stuff. is the subreddit /r/calisthenics?
>>
>>38966107
the sub is r/bodyweightfitness

the book is pretty decent to start with. i think that subreddit also has a routine using it with fixed rep ranges that would make it even better
>>
>>38966049
20kg set of dumbbells are uselss shit, you can only do light semi-isolation crap.
Calisthenics let you do a lot of decent shit like handstand pushups, pullups, planche pushups, idk if sprints count as calisthenics but they're good, etc etc.
>>
>>38966063
>i've never done calisthenics

opinion discarded
>>
File: 1469064483508.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469064483508.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>38966173
>you can only do light semi-isolation crap
k, familia

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/equipment/id/1/equipment/dumbbell
>>
>>38966173
You can do the whole Scooby workout with dumbbells, and that's probably one of the best home workouts.
>>
anyone here remember the calisthenics generals? they show up from time to time but seem to die out since not enough people are doing body weight around here.

It would be awesome if we had both a weightlifting and bodyweight community on /fit/
>>
>>38966299
shut the fuck up
>>
>>38966355
>Manlet detected
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.