[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is fitness compatible with an intellectual lifestyle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 0.jpg (208KB, 1500x489px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
208KB, 1500x489px
I hope the title didn't come off as pretentious, but anyway:

Most people in academia are major DYELs. I've never seen a stacked person in uni, even less in higher education places.

Pic related is a MIT students picture.
>>
since the brain is just another organ in the body, it follows that a healthier better equals a healthier brain.

so, yes.
>>
Yes because you're less likely to have a physically demanding job to rob you of your gains.

I'm a nurse which is only a bachelor's degree level and I'm always on my feet and sleep deprived. No time for the gym.
>>
File: physicaltraining.jpg (32KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
physicaltraining.jpg
32KB, 736x414px
you must go to a shitty uni. at my uni everyones in shape to some degree and if your not you look like a dumbass. you gotta take care of both, not just one or the other, if you do your missing the point.
>>
>>38956883

what? you don't have days off or are you just lazy and looking for excuses?
>>
>>38956915

I still go to the gym thrice a week, but I don't have the energy I had when I was studying, and I'm stalling quite often as a result of it.
>>
>>38956845

>Subtle bait.

Pretty good.
>>
>>38956845
Holy shit at those nerds.

Also why so many blacks?
>>
>>38956845
Getting fit makes you stupid amirite?
>>
>>38956845
Nah. Unless you have an extremely (extremely) demanding job which requires you to be working all day every single day you can definitely squeeze in some gym time. The diet part is a no-brainer since you need to eat no matter what, but cooking might be a pain in the ass if you're always busy

people complain about having to spend their free time working out but I find it's actually a great way to de-stress and take your mind off work shit. no tests, no homework, no boss breathing down your neck. just you and the weight.
>>
>>38956845
We're only 2nd years, but me and most of my undergrad physics class hits the gym regularly.
>>
>>38956994
>people complain about having to spend their free time working out but I find it's actually a great way to de-stress and take your mind off work shit. no tests, no homework, no boss breathing down your neck. just you and the weight.

This is true to the point where going to the gym isn't fun anymore because you're making zero progress due to lack of sleep and lack of energy to eat. When I get home I have to sleep for at least an hour before I can do anything, even eat. And after I*ve eaten dinner (usually 2k calories at this point) I only have three hours to go to the gym and eat another 1,5k calories before going to bed. Needless to say that's impossible.
>>
>>38956845
Yeah, combing them is healthy. And just look at the Greeks. It's only the simply world today that need to categorise in black and white perspectives, such as a skinny nerd or a ripped of moron.
>>
>>38956909
Going to university doesn't imply that you're smart anymore anon. There are plenty of unis consisting of idiots.
>>
Some of the strongest guys I've ever met are PhD students in STEM
>>
>>38956981
Affirmative Action
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.