[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im overeating because of my depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (18KB, 193x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 193x250px
i eat 1-2 times a day, but im pretty sure my second meal is 1200-1800 calories because its fast food junk

i just wallow and cry and eat

what do i do?

im short and female and my tdee is 1700
>>
>>38955982
buy the kids meal instead
>>
>>38955982
Do what the hot brazillian bitches do.
Eat tasty as fuck yet tiny snacks all day then sit down to a filling nutritious meal at night.
By snacks I mean small rich chocolates, and small chips here and there.
Graze.
I don't mean eat a fucking big mac and a newyork style slice of death.

Oh and move around a lot.
Oh and drink over a half gallon of water a day.

It's just food, it's just eating. Don't beat yourself up for "gorging' one day. Just eat like an 11 year old ballerina the next day.
It will all even out.
>>
>>38955982
Lift weights and convert some of that into muscle at least.

Otherwise just don't eat it. Its gonna take self control. Either YOU do it or you don't.
>>
>>38956051
i cant graze. i get hungry as hell when i want to eat a snack.
>>
>>38956098
Yes you can.
You simply have to dissassociate being hungry with being full or even painfully full.

Just eat a small bit of something really tasty then stop.
>>
>>38956196
cant i just have a small breakfast and a meal in the evening? water and gum in the middle?
>>
Just accept your fatness and start a tumblr. You're clearly too dumb to lose weight.
>>
>>38956229
canyou just stay gross and fat forever?
>>
>>38956293
kek get her bruv
>>
>>38956293
no. i want to lift and lose weight.
>>
>>38956368
not trying to be a shitlord, but theres ONE way to lose weight, EAT LESS MOVE MORE
>>
>>38956264
how am i too dumb to lose weight? i want to learn how to not eat because od boredness or sadness
>>
over the years I have come to accept that I love eating

so I just run enough often to make sure that I do not gain weight
long walks help also. (especially when having foot injuries from too much running)

easy to fit in 5-10k extra kcalories into one weeks activity (tall male, so I consume maybe more than tiny women)
and that's a lot of food
>>
>>38955982
Keep eating exactly as you are at first. Log everything you eat along with the calories and do your best to separate them from your feelings of shame. Do this for a week. Don't change anything yet. Just record. At the end of it, look at where most of your calories seem to be coming from. You mentioned lots of junk food. Probably the easiest thing to cut back on at first will be soda (or any non-water beverage). You don't have to eliminate it entirely; just reduce the amount of it you consume. For instance, if you have coke three times a day, cut it back to just two times, and replace the third time with water, or diet coke if even that's too much of a change. Maintain that for a week (or however long until it feels normal), then cut back a little more until you aren't consuming it at all. You can still have soda every now and then, but the idea is to gradually eliminate the habit of consuming large amounts of it on a regular basis.

The same principle applies to all the rest of the food you eat. Make one small change, replacing one unhealthy food with a better one, or eating a slightly smaller amount of food, until the change feels normal, then making one other small change, gradually replacing your unhealthy habits with better ones.

I can't promise this will cure your depression, but any changes you do actually make will be a hell of a lot more sustainable than going cold turkey on everything unhealthy then railing on yourself for every minor slip.
>>
>>38956831
the thing is that i dont drink soda
i just eat out and get a lot of food and each item is high calorie :(
>>
>>38957181
dude, I'm depressed and eat a lot for my sorrows, but it is no issue because I burn so much by running.
Eating is not problem if you simply turn your body into a furnace. Start by abandoning cars and buses and walking everywhere when just possible.
>>
>>38957181
The soda was just an example to illustrate the point. You make one small change at a time. Individually these changes won't matter much, but after a couple months you'll be eating a lot better overall than you are now.

Next time you go out, order one less item than you normally do. Pick one thing from your usual meal and don't order it. Or get a smaller size of it. Anything. Literally anything you can do as long as it is even slightly better. It'll suck, but change sucks. We're trying to make it suck as little as possible by making the changes as gradual as possible.
>>
I was in a similar place as you 3 months ago so even though this is a troll thread, I am gonna post to help similar people.

> high fructose corn syrup, fructose isolate, fructose

If you eat fast food daily, you probably have a fructose addiction. Ingesting fructose causes a signal cascade which your body expects to inhibit with glucose. When it gets fructose instead, it results in even more hunger than before.

In addition, the majority of fructose gets converted to a product that feeds into the de novo lipogenesis pathway, from which you get free fatty acids, triglycerides, and very low density lipoproteins. You don't want any of these things.

Stop eating foods which have been "enriched" with high fructose corn syrup, or its new more modern relative, fructose isolate. The best thing I can say about fructose is that it's technically not a poison.

HFCS is used to sweeten a ton of fast foods. The sweet taste masks the salt that is inserted into fast foods in order to preserve the rotten food for longer and make its low quality palatable.

> depression

Get out of the house for 30 minutes of physical activity every day. It improves your mood, helps you plan your life, it helps you feel confident, and it'll help attack body issues you may be having.

You don't need to force yourself to run for the full 30 minutes if you can't. You don't need to do 3 hour marathon prep sessions every day; in fact I strongly recommend against this.

> what should I eat

I recommend starting with some chicken breast, chicken thigh, rice, potato, and side veggie recipes. You want to cook in batches, then eat the same portion of the batch per day. When you're cooking a batch, measure out the same quantity of ingredients each time. When you're portioning out a meal, measure out the same quantity of food each time.
>>
>>38957477

> I'm not making progress

You need to be consistent.

If you eat breakfast B1, lunch L1, and dinner D2 one day and lose weight, then eat breakfast B1, Lunch L1, and dinner D3 the next day and gain weight then you can isolate the problem to dinner D3. Use this to develop a core diet.

Once you lose water weight you'll find that your body is incredibly consistent when weighing empty morning to morning. A cereal-chicken burrito-chicken thigh with rice meal yields -0.3 lbs/day. That's 400 + 620 + 420 = 1440 calories/day. My TDEE is 2450. (2450 - 1440) / 3500 = 0.288 lbs/day. It all works out when you're consistent.

The biggest hurdle people encounter when dieting, in my experience, is getting discouraged because they feel like they aren't in control. They don't control variables like cardio minutes per day, sleep, stress, or food intake. They think they counted their calories right and that they "deserve" a treat, but they're not measuring accurately enough, which is why they binge, gain weight, then get frustrated and quit dieting.

> Should I do keto/HIIT/intermittent fasting

Calories in, calories out. None of these memes help you escape reality or the laws of physics. Doing ANYTHING consistently is more important to ensure you make progress. Once you get experience with progression you can incorporate these techniques.

> Read the sticky
>>
>>38956229
A small nutritious meal in the mornings is good and the start of a good day for everyone.
You should also pair this with a small morning workout.
>>
thanks for the advice
what should i do about hunger
get an appetite suppressant?
>>
>>38956472
how about don't eat the 1200kcal meal, retard
>>
>>38959167
>appetite suppressant
the best safe appetite supressant is coffee, drink a cup (or 3) every time you feel too hungry and it'll go away.

if that doesn't work, then I suggest 4-fa, which is probably my favorite amphetamine. if you don't know how to order stuff off darknet then its pretty easy to extract ephedrine from ephedra leaves, and if you know chemistry you can make some powerful shit with that
>>
>>38959167
also learn to recognize when you're eating emotionally. before you eat something, ask yourself "why am i eating now?" if the answer is anything other than "because i'm hungry", don't eat it.

if you're losing weight, it's alright to be a little bit hungry, especially if your diet is shit. eat enough so that the hunger doesn't push you to the point of overeating, and learn to recognize where that point is. we're all gonna make it, brah.
>>
>>38959167
Learn the art of snacking.
And from there learn how to eat and not equate that with being full and learn to equate being full with unpleasentness.
>>
File: 1474416676084.png (290KB, 498x341px) Image search: [Google]
1474416676084.png
290KB, 498x341px
>>38956457
then start, and stop stuffing yourself with food. dont "reward yourself for a workout" with unhealthy food
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.