[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

? Plastic Weights and Squats ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: slayer.png (584KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
slayer.png
584KB, 960x711px
When people are doing squats, or deadlifts, I always see people using the big black plastic weights that are larger than their respective weight in metal weights.

Do I need to use these?
They feel lighter too. Is that just my imagination?

I could understand why someone might use them for diddys, because it probably helps with form or something, but why use them for squats?

Also, is it necessary to use those spring clips to keep the weight in place?
I never really see/feel the weights slipping, so does it really matter?

Finally, as of recently, when squatting, for some reason my lower back hurts, which doesn't really make sense to me.
I'm pretty sure that my form is good(knees don't pass toes, keep head up, center bar across shoulders, etc.), so I don't really know what's up.

Why would my back hurt when squatting?
>>
Use clips if just to set an example,or just think that some big guy is gonna have to rescue you misbalance and one slides off then you snap shit up and the bar is falling onto your head as the qts stare
>>
The "plastic weights" are used if the lifter thinks he might drop the bar on the ground during a lift e.g. during a failed squat

they are more resistant to impacts.

and they weigh the exact same as their metal counterparts
>>
>>38954949
>how do I write a sentence

>rescue you misbalance and one slides off

Is there a certain weight that I should start to be worried about this?

My stats are pretty low, since I just started about a month ago.

*in lbs*

Squat 120
Row 100
Bench 85

Deadlift 175
OHP 65
>>
>>38955018
Ok, that makes sense.

During a failed squat though, wouldn't you be inside a power rack?
So wouldn't the only thing receiving impact be the bar?
>>
If I main Marth am I ever going to make it.
>>
>>38955023
Your a weak ass mother fucker

Use the clips whenever you lift anything over your head/high/shits bouncing (squats/shoulder press/deadlifting/hang clean) or your going to drop some weight some someone.

Also, those weights are called bumper plates, you can drop those without waking up Zeus.
>>
Why your back hurts

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/21/fructose-poison-sugar-industry-pseudoscience
>>
>>38955059
sure thing m8

>you can drop those without waking up Zeus

wha tdi m hean y this/

>>38955083
ty m8
>>
>>38955083
Wrong link
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Deb4rKCM3BKM&ved=0ahUKEwikva6ZycHPAhXDSyYKHYoIDt4QuAIIIDAA&usg=AFQjCNFzsHOd0Mxdg3BAJxuONccHwr8I2w&sig2=BF52ga9erb1OHC9njcf6jw
>>
>>38955053
No, switch to Little Mac for gains
>>
>>38955148
>Playing smash 4

Just kys now desu
>>
>>38954893
They're called bumper plates, they not metal so the can be dropped during deadlifts or Olympic lifts. Sometimes people use them for other exercises if they are the nearest available plates or they want to look like they're squatting more. They are the same weight and the plates used in competitions.
>>
File: mh.jpg (18KB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
mh.jpg
18KB, 800x300px
You forgot the watermark
>>
>>38954893
>reddit formatting
>bait thread
>not reading the sticky
>additional baiting

2/10 made me respond and slightly raised my pulse
>>
>>38955148
I'm talking about melee you stupid fuck
>>
>>38955053

Definitely going to make it.
Mango and wes are right. Marth/fox are top tier, followed by falco/sheik, then puff/peach, falcon, ics.
>>
Are you retarded OP? Serious question.
>>
>>38957618
Anything that delays the inevitable 20XX is cool with me
>>
File: IMG_5002.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5002.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>38957730
>>
>>38957761
how do I into pro smash player?
>>
>>38955038
my gym doesn't have power rack's, just 2 posts that the bar is on, like at IPF's. if i fail a squat, i dump the weight behind me and bumperplates mean i don't damage the floor.
>>
>>38955148
> switch to Little Manlet

when will (You) learn
>>
File: IMG_4518.jpg (70KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4518.jpg
70KB, 500x375px
>>38957927
>how to pro fgc player
Embrace the Addy Daddy
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.