[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Safety Squat Bar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: brian-shaw-squats.jpg (186KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
brian-shaw-squats.jpg
186KB, 970x546px
Tried this for the first time today, only with 2.5pl8 to see how it felt. Went okay actually, felt quite comfortable and stable even if finding a good bar position was hard.
What does /fit/ think of this bit of kit?
>>
niche piece for big boys
>>
>>38954552
I do strongman so that's why I gave it a go, apparently it has a lot of carryover to deadlifting
I dunno why it's called a safety squat bar though, it doesn't seem safe compared to a normal bar at all
>>
>>38954566
yeah idk i figure its cause you can just balance the bar on your back and can hold the rack with your hands to brace for bigger weight

but that's not very safe either
>>
>>38954576
>you can just balance the bar on your back and can hold the rack with your hands to brace for bigger weight
No, you really can't. It'll just flip off your back if you do that, you need to be holding the handles for it to be stable
>>
>>38954592
I used to do box squats real heavy without holding the handles just fine. It's a little weird at first but it's stable
>>
lts probably safer on your shoulders
>>
File: 210p_ani.gif (24KB, 148x216px) Image search: [Google]
210p_ani.gif
24KB, 148x216px
>>38954592
nah man as long as you have a plate om there you're good. i guess maybe some are made poorly and will fall off? they won't move unless you bail
>>
>>38954617
really? suppose it depends how upright you are, I pretty much only front squatted for ages til now and I have a really upright squat because of that
I feel like trying it hands-free with a really upright back would flip it off
>>
>>38954648
There's definitely a fulcrum you need to be aware of but you'd need to be a bit of a scrub to have it flip off you unintentionally
>>
>>38954638
ah right, never seen those handles on a squat rack before
I thought you meant holding the safeties lmao
>>
>>38954669
Rack handles are optional as well, holding the back posts of the rack is the same shit. Though the handles might be more conducive to an upright squat than the rack posts
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.