[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEVER skip leg day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: body weight squat illistration.jpg (44KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
body weight squat illistration.jpg
44KB, 550x500px
squats thread
last two decide
if it's a lame number like 06 or 14 or something, roll again.

trips = squat xF
>>
>>38950628
op here rolling again
>>
> tfw I try and just squat down I fall backwards.
I can squat with the weight on my toes. But as soon as I try and put weight on my heels I go ass over
>>
>>38950671
I feel you. I've been stretching for a few months and I haven't really noticed much progress. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to have correct squat form for a long time
>>
>>38950671
>>38950689
maybe try some core exercises to help w/ balance?
do some planks
>>
>>38950671
>>38950689
I would be curious to see this in video form. Also squatting with a barbell on your back should make balancing a bit easier.
>>
>>38950728
Can't speak for the other anon. But I'm not confident enough to do weighted squats when I cant even do the motion properly
>>
>>38950765
Take it from a fat-anon, use the barbell and try to squat. I used to be able to not squat at all, not even to parallel. Try to stretch out your legs, and work out getting your mobility up on your ankles. Thats what caused me to lean forward and screw up my squats. Barbell will help you correct the form if you're consistent.
>>
>>38950827
Anything I could use instead of a barebell in the meanwhile?
ie: something around the house preferably. Othereise I'll have to tape up some milk jugs to the broom and practice
>>
>>38950866
You could use a broom or do your jug things. The key is something that is straight, and that has some heft to it to force you to squat as correct as possible, and as low as possible. Even if you cant break parallel with weight, crank them out. You'll be stretching your muscles for squats

Also, if you have a foam roller, roll your ankles with lots of pressure applied, touch your toes while standing. There's an excercise I like to do, where you get into the position sprinters take, and use one foot to apply pressure on the heel of your other foot. This forces your foot down, while keeping your ankle straight. It 's a nice stretch, and fixed my crap mobility in a month
>>
>>38950866
You need something moderately heavy on your back, whatever you can load onto your back nice and evenly. Make sure you widen your stance, heels around shoulder width with toes pointed out around 30 degrees.

Anon above also mentioned rolling, I have definitely heard stories of rolling the plantar fascia assisting in ankle mobility. You can use a tennis ball or rolling pin.
>>
bumpan for leg day you lazy anons
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.