[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I look like a tool for using a belt for 2pl8 squats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 19864589324.jpg (69KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
19864589324.jpg
69KB, 1000x1000px
Will I look like a tool for using a belt for 2pl8 squats?
>>
height? weight?
>>
>>38948999
You'll look like a tool when your hurt yourself you fucking humungous retard. And you'll feel like shit, and you'll set yourself back 6 months. And when you've been coming to the gym for 2 years and you're still only squatting 2 plates you'll look like a tool. Don't fucking hurt yourself because you're insecure. Nothing could be more uncool than that.
>>
>>38949020
5'8'' 160lbs

I started off struggling to squat 75lbs for reps so it's not like I'm using a belt 1 month into lifting
>>
>>38949033
been squatting since january
>>
>>38948999
I use a belt for 100kg and anything above. Its completely normal
>>
A belt is expected. Sleeves can be OK too. You have to train to use the belt to give you better stability just as much as train to lift the weight. So if you only start using a belt for heavier lifts, you won't be used to it, it will feel weird, and it might throw you off a bit.

Just don't wear lifting gloves while you squat. Or ever.
>>
>>38949111
All I use now is powerlifting shoes cause they make all squats and variations feel amazing

Thanks lads this makes my insecure autistic self feel better about using a belt at my uni gym
>>
File: 1475461483391.jpg (260KB, 1463x821px) Image search: [Google]
1475461483391.jpg
260KB, 1463x821px
Speaking of vaginas, my grip can't go past 2pl8 for deadlifts and I have to go mixed for anything over that. Should I just suck it up and use straps or what?

I wanna get that diddly up brehs, is it worth it?
>>
>>38949138
Yes, don't let your weak ass forearms hold back the muscle powerful muscle chain in your boddy ffs.
>>
>>38949138
chalk if you cant use dry use liquid
>>
There is a guy at my gym who always wears a belt. I've. Ever seen him do squats or deadlifts. He wears it while curling, using machines, everything. Is that weird, or am I weird for thinking it's weird?
>>
>>38949172
That's weird

lmao

Some people think belts are just for looks

Meanwhile I bought a fucking $100 belt for literally 3 top sets of squats twice a week.
>>
>>38949138
Pause at the top on your last rep of each set.

Or get a stick some string and a weight and reel in your grip strength.
>>
>>38949172
*Never* seen him squat or DL.
>>
>>38948999
Not at all. Most people at a normie gym don't even do barbell squats much less squat 2 pl8 don't let /fit/ make you such an insecure pussy everyone here is an autist and nobody gives a fuck IRL.
>>
>>38949238
this is true
literally never seen anyone squatting more than 2pl8 at my gym, except on the smith machine
>>
>>38949172
there's guys that buy oly shoes just to curl. it's a status symbol like beats headphones.
>>
>guys using oly shoes to clean and jerk

LMAO
>>
>>38949138
i was the same way, used straps on anything over 2pl8. however my form was absolute shit when lifting close to 275lb and i realized i was trying to progress way too quickly, and decided to ditch the straps and do forearm work (farmer walks) as well as strapless DLs. it took about 5 months but my grip finally started getting stronger, i managed to do 385x5 yesterday strap/beltless. keep working at it, your arms will catch up quickly.

also make sure you're using a proper bar for deads, some are thicker than others and will be harder to grip.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.