[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bodyweight reps excess?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is there such a thing as too much reps for a bodyweight excercise?
for example if a guy does 10,000 squats a day every day(let's say he is in max security prison or something), will he ruin his legs or just obtain really really powerful legs??

Many people aim for high reps..but is there any reps that are too high?
>>
You can do as much as you want everyday.
>>
>>38948266
are you retarded
>>
>>38948291
has anyone ever done 10,000 reps a day for 100 days or more?
>>
>>38948318
10,000 reps of anything would be one rep approximately every 8.5 seconds
>>
> is there any reps that are too high?

yes, of course, that's called an "overuse injury"

it's also individual as some people can do more than others without getting injured
>>
>>38948312
Maybe.
>>
>>38948266
I believe 8-15 is strength building/hypertrophy for calisthenics anything more it turns into endurance training. I think it's if you hit 15 reps of an exercise you move to the harder variations
>>
>>38948329
why? there's no real time limit,,,plus the time required to the reps would lower as the days progress.
>>
if you want to do some crazy volume workout, gradually build up to it with many rest days and even weeks

you may need years for that if you want to do it on a high level especially if you're not very young
>>
I wonder if Tom Platz did that many
>>
>>38948266
You'll pretty much kablooey your joints.
But it really depends on your genetics and your weight.

Some guys can do a thousand plus reps a day and be totes fine, others get completely wrecked after only 50.
>>
Start doing the 10,000 reps with 5,10 kilos as you progress.
if you it properly you might end up doing 1,000 reps with 50 kilos or something cool like that.
>>
>>38948312
No.
>>
your joints get sore. I do 1000 jumping jacks, broken in sets with 100 push-ups, 100 jumps and 500 kettlebell swings. the only thing that stops me from doing more are worrying about the joints. way over one hour.

the last week the legs have been fine, but right wrist got a ting from one clapping push-up. few weeks back both shins were a little sore, few weeks back the left knee.

but all things considered, they're pretty fine since the results are great and much faster than walking, for example.
>>
>>38948266
>if a guy does 10,000 squats a day every day
His kneecaps are going to blow out of his asshole
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.