[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about skipping /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (29KB, 232x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 232x300px
What are your thoughts on skipping for gains and is it normal for my shins to hurt this much.
>>
I've started adding roughly 15+ minutes every off day for my cardio. Personally, I love it.
>>
>>38941568
doesn't it give you massive calves?
>>
>>38941568
a lot more fun than running and safer for the knees that's for sure
>>
I'm considering skipping at home, can someone give some tips?

I think the basics are easy enough, looks like a matter of developing proper timing to avoid whipping your shins but I'd appreciate tips on how to do more advanced shit.
>>
>>38942202

Kinda yes ... on high reps. I preffer running tho
>>
If I could row a anywhere I would row but I can't so jump rope it is
>>
Jump roping is one of the best exercises out there.

>>38942251
First, the most important thing is buying the right rope and adjusting it to your height. The rope should reach your nipples, not including the handle.

I personally would buy a steel cable rope with ball bearings. These are ridiculously cheap on amazon - mines was 6 dollars.
The steel rope is thin and doesn't tangle, and the bearings make the rope spin smoothly and faster making your progress easier.

Second most important - form. Make sure you're barely clearing an inch, if that even when you jump. If your pounding on the floor every time you jump, you're jumping too high. Knees slightly bent, elbows slightly tucked in, all motion is done mostly with the wrists.

It's a high hill to climb, but once you get the rhythm going you'll love it. I find it almost relaxing, even though I'm exhausted and soaking wet when I'm done.

Personally, I do 6 rounds of 3 minutes each, with a 30 second burn out (as fast as I can skip without messing up) at 2:30 mins. 1 minute rest after each round.

As you get better, lower the rest to 45 seconds, then to 30 seconds etc. Also, skip faster as well.

Again, I cannot express enough how great jumping rope is.
>>
>>38941568
Is he natty?
>>
>>38944272
That's Arnold you idiot. No.
>>
>>38944588
>arnold isn't natty
good bait
>>
>>38944233
What are the results?
>>
>>38944722
You become good at jumping over ropes going fast.
I personally discovered how shit my coordination was and that feet DOMS is hell in earth.

Some say its good for cardio but who cares about that shit
>>
>>38944722
I lost about 30lbs in 2 months. I jump rope 4x a week, usually after my lifting sessions. Great for cardio.

Diet is important obviously. Stamina goes up, and my calves are a little bigger. I imagine the longer you train, the bigger they become. Surprisingly, your arms do get tired also, especially if you use a weighted jump rope.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.