[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weight Loss General/Cutting Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: WLG.jpg (297KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
WLG.jpg
297KB, 900x600px
How's your cut going?

Tips, advice, or recipes you've found helpful?

How far till you reach your goal?

I'm on my first successful cut, I've dropped 18 lbs over 2 months, only 10lbs away from my original goal but still 20% bf so my cut my go longer than expected.

I'm currently cutting at 1000-1500 calories with a TDEE of 2400, how bad is my risk of lean mass loss and does anyone know how to ratio lbm/fat loss on a severe cut?
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I started at 72kg, now at 81kg after 10 months lifting, and cutting back down a few kg to drop my bodyfat %
I don't know what my BF% is but I'll photo if anyone cares

My single biggest takeaways for losing weight have been

>Eat more volume but less calories
This is the number 1, everything else is secondary. By eating more and more often I feel fuller for longer and don't get cravings and hunger pangs, but by eating less calories I'm losing weight. This invariably means eating more vegetables and lean meats, and less processed shit. Ridiculously simple and accounts for the majority of my success.

>Don't drink calories
Just don't. Milk in coffee is fine, but otherwise you're just sabotaging yourself for no reason or benefit.

>Don't eat processed food
I have some small exceptions like dark chocolate and wholemeal pasta, but 99% of the time you should either make it yourself or don't eat it at all.

>Track your calories
Counting calories is important but I'm far too lazy and uncommitted for this level of discipline, so I track my calories roughly. I count my calories for 1 week, taking a photo of every single thing I eat, then counting the cals via google at the end of the day. Now I can simply judge from what I'm eating roughly how many calories I'm getting each day. Every now and then I'll benchmark to make sure I'm counting right, but otherwise counting calories is simple shit.

Again, eat more volume and less calories, everything else is secondary.
>>
>>38941622
>Don't eat processed food
This is a big tip, I realized how much shit I don't eat now that I'm cutting. All the snack and junk food out there is just absurd.

Post bod if you want an estimate

I'm where you started at and working on cutting down to 68kg for my goal
>>
Alright boys, I have been cutting for the past year~

I have gone from about 130 to 84 kg.

Last month I started school again, and I have felt like I have not held as strict of a schedule at all, I have not been counting calories and I have ate some things I shouldn't have.

But I have been at least aware of what I've been eating.

So I weighed myself for the first time in a month and I have lost 4 kg, from 88 - 84.

How is this even possible? I always weigh myself at the same time, in the morning before I have had anything to eat and this just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Has my metabolism changed? Is my relatively poor diet going to show up next month instead?

I have previously been eating 1750 kcal / day and lifting 3/4 times / week, but I think I have been averaging on about 2k / day this past month.

What should I expect, and what do you think is the reason for me still dropping in weight?

I am 6ft1 and 19 years old.
>>
I I F Y M
I
F
Y
M
>>
>tfw just got braces

I wish I got them 10 years ago when I was 13. They're fucking annoying but cutting will go easier because I can't eat trash.
>>
>>38943088
Oh I should add that my plan currently is to stick to the 1750 plan
>>
>>38943122
How long have you had them? After a week, you should be able to eat pretty much whatever you want.
>>
>>38943136
Got them on a couple of days ago.
>>
110 pounds down over roughly 9 months. Another 50-60 before I hit my goal

>Substitute religiously (ie club soda instead of regular soda)
>Calculate your BMR (Harris-Benedict equation) and base your input/output around that number
>When in doubt, overstate food and understate exercise when tracking approximate calories
>Protein, fruits and veggies. Keep it simple.
>Drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep, develop a routine and stick to it
>>
>>38943088
No one knows why that is.
See, if you eat at maintenance and whatever you want, after a strict as fuck diet your body will, for some reason NO ONE KNOWS will drop A TON of weight.
Most of it's water but some of it is actually fat.
It's a bit of a mystery as to why that happens.

That doesn't mean that you should go all FUCK YEAR EAT WHAT I WANT AND LOSE WEIGHT NIGGAS!! and just go duck tits at olive garden or something.
It's just something you should be aware of and look up and put in your tool box.

Look up the "whoosh".
>>
>>38943088
>How is this even possible? I always weigh myself at the same time, in the morning before I have had anything to eat and this just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
You're not counting calories so it's hard to say.

Presumably you have increased activity with school which is a minor factor, but the rest is probably just you're eating less cause you're busy.

Count calories and you'll know.
>>
>>38943212
>>38943220
Thanks guys, as I said I plan to stay true to my plan.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.