[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm srs right now guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1352756410556.png (59KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
1352756410556.png
59KB, 226x166px
Srsly /fit/, does lifting age you?

>be me
>buddy of mine came to visit at uni this weekend
>he commented on gainz I've made
>then says I need to slow it down
>"too much lifting can age people"
>thought it was a crock of shit

But then I read some claims that this is actually true?? Can someone explain this?
>>
>then says I need to slow it down
>"too much lifting can age people"

Your 'buddy' is a goblin m8.
>>
>>38937855
Technically yes, your cells have a limited amount of times that it can split before mutating. Bodybuilders on average die earlier than normies

>tfw u lift so hard you actually left humanity behind
>>
File: 1472101492402.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1472101492402.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>38937855

it's true: for every 15mins that you lift, you can age a quarter of an hour
>>
>>38937891
Okay well what about me? I lift 6 times a week but I intend to cut it down to 4 after I graduate. Would it still run its course??
>>
>>38937855
I suppose that lifting does take a lot of energy and its a physical toll on you. You do that almost everyday for years on end? Thats a lot of energy excreted onto a body.
>>
>>38937855
Lifting as a natural and keeping healthy will keep you looking younger for longer, the only reason people would think "lifting too much" would age you faster is due to them associating people who lift too much with roiders, and we all know that roiders age extremely fast and look much older than they are on average.
>>
>>38937941
Kek
>>
>>38937941
and what? Every rep is a second more? haha
>>
>>38937855
Your friend is a fucking retard, I would have called him out on the spot if any friend suggested that.
>>
File: 1474313593850.png (194KB, 308x277px) Image search: [Google]
1474313593850.png
194KB, 308x277px
>>38938034
I honestly didn't question him because he goes to school as well and it didn't seem appropriate to argue with him with my /fit/ given knowledge with his collegiate degree in bio/kinesiology at that time.
>>
>>38937967
Where is your source fir arguing that it prevents aging? Just curious and want to read it
>>
>>38937855
Assuming you're not hurting yourself with your lifting, or on gear, the benefits of regular exercise is probably going to outweigh any negative "aging" effects your friend is talking about.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.