[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I think my knee might be messed up. When I was a kid,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0469.jpg (123KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
123KB, 579x570px
Hey /fit/, I think my knee might be messed up. When I was a kid, I used to occasionally move my kneecap out of place. I think my knee might be messed up because of that, because whenever I do squats, my right knee makes this popping/cracking noise. My left knee does it to, but it's not as loud or frequent. I'm not experiencing any pain, but I'm worried that this might lead to a more serious knee injury down the road.

I looked it up online, and I think I just have patellar tracking disorder, but what do you guys think?
>>
If I do just have patellar tracking disorder, are there any exercises I can do to fix it?
>>
Fuck I have the exact same problem.

Have a fearful bumparoo friend, I'm interested
>>
>>38937586
mine does the same thing. I have an acl tear in my left knee that I never got taken care of. i got it from football early highschool when i was cutblocked and ive had god awful problems since. people always tell me the only way to truly get done with it is to have surgery. and every once in a while when I'm not paying attention while running or soemthing my knee cap will slide out of place and my acl will tear again.

anyway. my left knee does it. it pops almost 100percent of the time when I squat.

OP, I say if it doesn't hurt, don't worry. of course since you have a past of knee problems, I would wear a knee brace that stabilizes your knee cap... I fuck up every other month because I think I don't need my knee brace. just wear it everytime you run and squat etc. IF your knee really does have a serious problem like mine, a knee brace will prevent any catastrophic damage if it ever comes to that.

good luck mate.
>>
>>38936658
when I was at therapy after my initial injury, the doc said if I did squats, it would strengthen the muscles around the kneecap and help to keep it stable.
>>
>>38936658
>>38937762
I can anecdotally confirm that squats have helped me with this issue. My knees use to slip out whenever I would squat down, but after a few months of weight training, I haven't noticed it happening nearly as much.
>>
>>38937738
and a knee brace doesn't cost much. you won't need an expensive one. at my local sports Store i picked up one that keeps good compression around my kneecap for about 20 bucks. it helps with confidence especially during squats.
>>
File: ohihatethis.jpg (7KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
ohihatethis.jpg
7KB, 201x200px
>>38936603
>>38937738
Mine also does this when I run and squat. It's the worst feeling in the world for it to dislocate. Recently it popped out bad though, I'm working on getting an MRI done and will post back on /fit for both of you when the results come back. Docter said it was probably damaged cartilage and depending on the level of damage I may have to get reconstruction done.
Deadlifts make the pain go away for a few days, might be strengthening something idk but it helps. You have to do it right though, full muscle work, hamstring activation, all that jazz otherwise it still pops for me.
>>
File: 1463770611418.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1463770611418.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>38937738
>>38937762
>>38937786
this is all me, last thing op (and everyone else with knee problems) the biggest advice I have is to keep a good form while running or squatting. and if you think you might have some knee complications, even if it's minor, get a knee brace for the love of God. anything that can keep compression on it will help a fuckload. don't end up like me. I'll have a fucked left knee for the rest of my life. in fact while I type this in bed my knee is aching like a sonovabitch.

good luck you beautiful bastards. learn from me
>>
File: 1464032824332.jpg (85KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
1464032824332.jpg
85KB, 460x459px
>>38937813
good luck friendo. if you have the option to get surgery, take it. they can do 99% of it through endoscopic surgery nowadays. I never looked into it when I had the chance and I just blew it off as "ah I'll be fine in a couple weeks." my boss had the surgery and was walking the next day. Pretty impressive imo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.