[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just had the first workout of my life earlier, and I have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: by_smarket_2560.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
by_smarket_2560.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I just had the first workout of my life earlier, and I have a couple questions /fit/.

I'm pretty skinny, not much muscle mass at all, so I started with pretty low weight on everything. I'm talking I was squatting the bar with 20lbs on each side. Anyway, I noticed on some exercises my muscles started shaking like crazy even when I didn't feel like I was getting close to the limit of what I could do. Especially on Curls...I was curling 15lbs (fml) and near the end of some of my sets my whole arm was spasming like I was having a seizure, is this shit normal?

Same with crunches, whole abdomen was spasming even when I didn't even feel like i was straining any muscle.
>>
pls respond
>>
bros?
>>
>>38936517
>I noticed on some exercises my muscles started shaking like crazy even when I didn't feel like I was getting close to the limit of what I could do. Especially on Curls

you didn't warm up properly and started pushing yourself too far too fast.
>>
>>38936517
It happens. It's ususlly your muscles becoming exhausted. I find it paradoxically helps to add more weight to the exercise as sometimes it's caused by a muscle imbalance and a lack of stabilizer strength and fine motor control.

Sometimes when I'm doing calf raises as warm up at 1 plate my legs will shake the shit out of the plate. When I step up to working weight at 6 or 7 plates it no longer does that.
>>
File: IMG_1202.jpg (73KB, 498x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1202.jpg
73KB, 498x360px
>>38936654
>6 or 7 plates

Yeah OP, just gotta up the weight. Slap on some 45s onto that squat bar. That'll squash the shakes right out
>>
Also how do i keep the squat bar from making the bone at the base of my neck sore....am I doing it wrong?

Can i use a towel between my neck and the bar?
>>
>>38936736
Kek. It's more to help load up the stabilizers so that their lack of fine control has less impact on the lift. Sorry if I am not making sense. English is not my first language and I'm on an ass load of painkillers and muscle relaxants.
>>
>>38936774
It should be on your shoulders dawg
>>
Will this shit get less prominent as i continue to work out? I'm guessing its just cause im a sedimentary faggot and barely use these muscles, so they don't know what the fuck is happening.
>>
>>38936808
Yes. Your first two weeks to a month is going to be ass as you work on your form, and get used to not being a lazy sack. You'll get really sore, you'll want to skip the gym, you'll shake when you work out, but if you fight through it and don't give out, you'll get past that stage fast.
>>
>>38936808
I think it's a 'stabiliser muscles' thing. I've been training for several years and if I stop doing RDLs for a couple months then go back to them, my form is 'wobbly'. Either way, yes it will go away over time as you keep training.
>>
Okay thanks for the info guys, curious to see how sore im going to be tomorrow. First workout didn't even really take me that long, I was done in like an hour. Doing ice cream fitness starter plan right now.
>>
>>38936900
Update us tomorrow when your struggling to walk or function properly. First time I did squats with weights, I couldnt lift up my legs to walk properlu, so I kind of half shuffled around all day. It sucked ass
>>
>>38936774
Try to keep going and just man through it. You'll stop noticing the pain after a few weeks. Only use a towel if it's preventing you from lifting heavier.
>>
Look up Layne Norton on YouTube. He has some great videos on squats, benches, and diddlies. Great for good form for when you're just starting out.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.