[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weightlifting routine fat loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20161001-210509.png (716KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161001-210509.png
716KB, 1440x2560px
Hi /fit. I'm looking to lose about 22lbs. Which weightlifting routine should I start?
>>
>>38934830
READ THE STICKY
>>
>>38934830
There is no routine for fat loss. Lifting weights will spare muscle mass while cutting but that's about it. The routine doesn't matter. Any beginner LP is fine as long as you stick with it and are consistent. Diet it what matters most so read the sticky.
>>
>>38934857
>>38934835
So starting strength?
But since I'm eating at a deficit of 800 cals won't I miss out on regular linear progression?
>>
>>38934886
SS is good. Watch the videos and make sure to focus on form and do small jumps. Don't forget that after 2-3 weeks to do power cleans as a sub for deadlifts every other workout then 2-3 weeks after that to start doing chins & back extensions every other workout instead of pulling.

http://startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

You will definitely get strong. My first program was SS, took me 3 months, was cutting the entire time.

OHP: 55# to 125#
Bench: 65# to 170#
Squat: 95# to 275#
Deadlift: 135# to 315#

You will gain strength! Just eat well, (180g-200g protein a day, quality foods), sleep well (8-10 hours a night) and try and keep stress down.

Gains will come, and hopefully by the time you finish you can start your first bulk with the Texas Method and start getting fucking huge.
>>
>>38934830
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>38935171
Thanks bro. You give me hope.
>>
>>38935171
OP here
I actually am already on starting strength but due to heavy cutting I experienced a stall early
Starting numbers are same as yours but
Squat 200lbs
Deadloft 220lbs
Bench 130lbs
OHP 90lbs

So I was wondering if i should even stick to it because I'm cutting and ss is to be done while bulking

I'm cutting at 800 deficit. 5'10
What were your numbers?
>>
File: averagefnprogram.png (16KB, 624x173px) Image search: [Google]
averagefnprogram.png
16KB, 624x173px
>>38935292
You can still gain strength on a cut but your recovery is limited, like a more intermediate lifter You might actually benefit from Rip's advanced novice programming or doing something like the AFP or Justin Lascek's 70's Big LP.

If you've done a few reloads and are having trouble progressing I'd switch to one of the two above.

I lost 20# during that period.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160305105245/http://ironstrong.org/index.php?/topic/1157-the-average-fn-program-a-simple-and-efficient-training-template/

http://70sbig.com/books/the-70s-big-lp/
>>
>>38935292
just deload and carry on

don't expect to make fast progress on a cut.

you will get gains, just much more slowly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U
>>
>>38935292
Oh also 5'10" went from 260-240 lb.
>>
>>38935394
>recovery is limited.
>do more volume
..wut?
>>
>>38935407
Huh? AFP has you squatting twice a week, deadlifting, pressing, and benching once. It's less volume for them since you're doing one jump once a week. Also DLs are 3x3 instead of 1x5. You can even make Friday a light squat/front squat day like in the 7BLP.

SS is still expecting you to squat 3x week, 3x week upper body pressing movements.How is that greater volume?
>>
>>38935405
>>38935396
>>38935394
That's great. Thanks a lot
>>
>>38935446
>less progression equals less training volume
i am pretty sure that is not how it works....

ss does have higher training frequency. if you were astute you would have notice i made no claims towards frequency

...do you even VIF?
>>
>>38935514
SS: 9x5 squat volume per week
AFP: 6x5 squat volume per week
SS: 9x5 upper body pressing movements volume per week
AFP: 6x5 upper body pressing movements volume per week
SS: 1-2x5 deadlift per week
AFP: 3x3 deadlift per week
SS: 3 or 6 sets of chinups per week
AFP: 6 sets of chinups per week

>less overall volume on squats
>less overall volume on pressing movements
>similar volume on deadlifts
>similar volume on chins

I'm saying less overall volume (weight lifted per week) means less training volume on the AFP.

I used the AFP to transition into an intermediate program because I was squatting less per week and had more time (3 days) to recover before setting a new squat PR.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.