[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spices and seasonings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (30KB, 442x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30KB, 442x332px
What are your go to seasonings, spices or sauces /fit/

How do you flavour up your bland food?

I salt and pepper my eggs, rice, potatos, everything
>>
pls respond
>>
>>38923872
Just use salt free steak spices
>>
File: images (33).jpg (32KB, 382x385px) Image search: [Google]
images (33).jpg
32KB, 382x385px
>>
>>38923804
Pepper
Garlic powder/salt/dried
Cumin
Lemon pepper
Red pepper
Chili powder
Salsa
Hot sauce
>>
>>38923804
if you season steak with anything other than salt and pepper you are a neanderthal and need to be culled
>>
Garlic powder and paprika are my two workhorses. Other than that, try different blends until you find some you like.
>>
well apart from the obvious salt+pepper
>ketchup
>hot sauce
>garlic powder
>mango chutney
>>
>>38923804
salt and pepper is all you really need
>>
>>38923990
To this I'll add

Onion powder
Suffice
Allspice
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Coriander
Rosemary
Lebanese 7 spice
Garam masala

If you got these things, you can make incredibly dank meals.
>>
>>38924207
Nigga I ain't putting that shit on chicken
>>
>>38924049
>if you season steak with anything other than salt and pepper you are a neanderthal and need to be culled

Basting a steak in butter with fresh thyme and garlic along with salt and pepper is god tier. Ramsay knows his fucking shit. Best steak I ever had is one I made following his method.
>>
>>38923804
Cooking rice with chicken or vegetable stock and curry powder is fucking amazing.
>>
go to flavours I use a lot:
salt, paprika, tumeric, black pepper, garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, raw sugar
fats:
olive oil, butter, coconut oil

yeaa
>>
>>38924638
You're drowning out the taste of quality meat, that is, assuming you're actually buying quality cuts.
>>
All I really use for my chicken or salmon is some lemon pepper and Lowry's seasoned salt. I don't put spices or sauces on anything else I eat.
>>
>>38924638
best steak in my opinion is one that is never warmed above room temperature and is not seasoned with anything
just a raw slab of glory
>>
>>38924755
you have no fucking idea what you're talking about

if your steak can't stand up to being basted in butter garlic thyme (arroser in french) your steak has low t and so do you
>>
>>38924965
Listen man, its ok if you don't like the taste of meat.
>>
File: unnamed.png (50KB, 447x328px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
50KB, 447x328px
> just bought some of this

Do i just dump it on my chicken then cook it?
>>
>>38925103
Cut small slits into raw chicken breast
Put in bowl
Add spices
Knead and rub the spices into chicken
Grill or bake
>>
>>38925192
Thanks fampai
>>
Salt and pepper, hot sauce, rooster sauce, mustard. If you wanna be fancy get some garlic and/or onion. Msg can be pretty good sometimes.
>>
Whats a quick easy marinade?

I usually just brine my chicken with a 1/4 cup salt and sugar to about 2L of water
>>
File: Aromatics_Screen_Draft2-01.png (243KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
Aromatics_Screen_Draft2-01.png
243KB, 1200x928px
>>38923804
pic realted turned me into a pretty good cook
>>
cajun on all things. add more hot sauce

Has been my ingredients for the past 3 years
>>
File: maggi-fb.jpg (124KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
maggi-fb.jpg
124KB, 1200x628px
>>38923804
Maggi seasoning.
>>
>>38925657
What is it
>>
>>38925672
General purpose seasoning sauce. Kind of like soy sauce, but from germany
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.