[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Permanent metabolic/hormonal damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1475313644299.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1475313644299.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
Hi /fit/ I'm sure you'd know more about this... is there any evidence for permanently affecting your metabolism/hormones?

Because I know you guys always say "anyone can become fit!" But surely it's easier for some than others?

I mean... when I was 10-16 I was VERY fat and I slept very little. Now I'm 20 and look pretty bad(I'm working on it though), but is it possible that being a fatass with lack of sleep during my DEVELOPMENTAL stage caused me to have hormonal imbalances, worse fatstores etc?

I mean I couldn't possibly have been functioning with enough testosterone during puberty. Compared to someone healthy, who played sports during that age they're better off than me, right?

I'm almost starting to wonder if I never fully experienced puberty or my genetic potential. Considering running some test just to see where it goes.

Any truth to this or am I thinking of bs?
>>
>>38919345
post pics so I can figure out.
>>
>>38919345
You're looking for something to blame either than yourself or are trying to find a reason to give up
Fuck off and go lift. Fuck thinking about the shit you can't change and fix what can.
Tl; dr quit being a faggot and lift
>>
>>38919386
Dude I'm not giving up on anything. I'm lifting, and I don't plan on quitting.

Im just curious how much is affected to what extent. And if there's further reading on the subject
>>
Even if it did you'd be able to fix it through being at a healthy body fat and living a healthy lifestyle

If it caused some real problems you'd have seen a doctor by now
>>
>>38919345
Honestly, probably not much. And you're still young enough that your hormone profile is likely decent enough to reverse any damage done if you work hard to do it now.

The kind of thing you're describing only happens through decades of prolonged self abuse. The body is very good at repairing itself.
>>
>>38920108
But wouldn't the fact that I fucked my hormones and health so hard in my developmental years have a longlasting effect?

I mean...

Think about how it's always said: "don't smoke marijuana before 18! Don't do drugs before 18!"

And there's evidence to support marijuana affecting your cognitive function if you begin before 18. So why wouldn't sleep deprivation and fucking up hormonal balance affect you EVEN MORE SO?
>>
>>38919386
This.

Op youre focusing on very insignifant details. The reason you find lifting difficult is cause you never lifted before. Get to the gym fgt. I was on the same boat as you. 5x5 and diet for 1 year and youre g2g
>>
diet, exercise, sleep and general mental state and well-being all affect your hormonal balance. I'd start with diet, exercise and sleep
>>
>>38920229
No, because sleep deprivation is something you're DESIGNED to deal with. Especially as a teenager.

It isn't OPTIMAL, sure. But it's a completely different thing from taking an exogenous substance with specific clinical effects that's known to fuck with your head.

(Also, cannabis can screw you up badly regardless of age if done over a long enough period. This has been known for quite some time, but there's a huge lobby for its legalisation in most western countries that spends a lot of money to distract from the facts, much like the tobacco lobby has been known to do.)
>>
>>38920229
>>38920440
And one more thing:

Even if you'd not been fat or sleep deprived, you'd effectively have been doing similar damage to your body simply by being sedentary. Humans simply aren't physiologically normal without regular, intense physical exertion –even if they seem just fine on the outside.

But the rate at which things just fix themselve when you start applying that effort will astound you, as I'm sure many others here will attest. Trust us, you're no special snowflake in this regard, and you really, REALLY don't want to be one. Because if what we're saying doesn't apply to you (and you'd know if it didn't because you would have had to see a doctor about it by now) then you'd likely be too fucked to even be having this conversation.
>>
>>38920440
>>38920508
I've just had a lot of issues and im starting to wonder if that's due partly or majorly to my teenage years senpai

Guess you're right though
>>
>>38919345
>hey guys i've misused my body my entire life
>never tried to fix it
>now it looks like shit

>i should try some drastic shit instead of trying to fix it like normal people, right?

Just lift you moron.
>>
>>38921137
I am you dumb fuck

I'm ASKING IF IT HAS A PERMANENT EFFECT AND IF I SPOILED ANY OF MY POTENTIAL
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.