[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fractured finger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Soldier_76-wallpaper-10931715.jpg (101KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Soldier_76-wallpaper-10931715.jpg
101KB, 1080x1920px
Hey /fit/ this is my first time posting. So I dropped 10 or 20 lbs on my index finger and fractured the top of it. It will be bandaged and stuck between two sticks and must not moved for 2 weeks.
My question is, what can I do to make sure that my muscles remain in shape? I'm going to continue running and stuff like that but what about my biceps and triceps etc? I'm gonna try to do push ups if I can. Sit ups are a must as well. Thank you in advance.
>>
Machines and 3x10-15. Don't stress your other fingers. Especially if this isn't your pinky it's going to be harder to not use the middle ones.
>>
>>38918469
I see. Thanks anons
>>
I would just do leg machines for two weeks. Even though it's a finger, it should not be stressed
>>
File: subbbbbs.jpg (82KB, 672x412px) Image search: [Google]
subbbbbs.jpg
82KB, 672x412px
>>38918427

Monkey Grip
o
n
k
e
y

G
r
i
p

>pay me
>>
>>38918490
But it wouldn't be stressed if I use other fingers.

>>38918539
Pictures anon
>>
>>38918427
Dont be a pussy and just lift. Its just a finger ffs
>>
>>38918771
>I never fractured a finger: the post
Or
>b8
>>
>>38918788
I did and I even kept lifting when I broke my foot
>>
>>38918670
Just don't use that hand until it's healed. Period. Your finger muscles are in your forearm, not your fingers. Pushing and pulling heavy weight even with just your palm engages your forearm, which will put stress on the finger. Let it heal before you fuck it up worse.
>>
>>38918811
>breaking foot is like fracturing finger
Thanks for the conformation that you never fractured a finger
>>
>>38918839
You're right. So no machines or push ups?
>>
>>38918853
Why risk it?

Find machines that don't engage past the elbow.
>>
>>38918902
The doctor said that I can't move it for 2 weeks and I fear that I'd lose my muscles if I don't train it for 2 weeks
>>
>keep off of it for two weeks and lose a little lean mass

>use it anyway, likely cause more damage, possibly permanent, extend recovery time, lose greater muscle mass.

Your call.
>>
>>38919051
Is there anything I can do? Any training? I'm gonna spend a lot of time on the treadmill and the orbit.
>>
>>38919075
Machines that don't engage arms, like everyone else has already told you.

Two weeks off isn't the end of the world. In the future you'll likely face injuries or take a vacation where you won't be able to lift. Just suck it up and deal. Your losses won't be that bad and when you're healed you'll regain quickly.
Chronic pain from an injury is what will steal your gains forever.
>>
>>38919131
Thanks a lot anon
>>
You can also take 2 weeks off, you don't really start detraining until you take a month off anyway.
When I dislocated my shoulder I took 3 weeks off lifting, and I got back to where I was within a week after I started back up again.
>>
>>38919215
For real? I'm really glad to hear that! Thank you anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.