[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob here. Can you guys help me understand when I should bulk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1466484540701.jpg (921KB, 1835x2750px) Image search: [Google]
1466484540701.jpg
921KB, 1835x2750px
Noob here. Can you guys help me understand when I should bulk and when I should cut?
>>
>>38913192
cut if you're fat, bulk if you're not fat
>>
>>38913192
I'd recommend you stay under 20% bodyfat any more and you're just fat
inb4 but how do I know?
google a chart, look at yourself in the mirror and eyeball it
general rule of thumb if you think you're fat you'll round down
>>
>>38913192
Cut until you're happy with how your gut looks, then cut a little bit more, then bulk.
>>
>>38913192

Who is this backhand banshee?
>>
>>38913192
that arse is scrumptious
>>
Everybody here is oversimplifying things. The purpose of cutting is to shed excess fat. The purpose of bulking is to build qualify muscle. The basic rule of thumb for a newbie is to cut if you are a chunker or bulk if you are a hungry skelie.

However, after that cutting and bulking goes in a cycle. When you bulk you are eating at a caloric surplus. This allows your body to recoup the calories you burn between your BMR and exercise as well as have an excess to create new muscle fibers. However, during this time you will inevitably also gain fat.

Once you have gotten some gainz™ it is time to get ride of the additional fluff. Now you start eating at a caloric deficit and working out at higher reps to tone the muscles you have developed. Unfortunately your body isn't going to burn 100% fat, so some of your gains are going to disappear while you shred.

The goal is to build enough muscle that when you cut you don't lose all of your gainz™.
>>
>>38913192
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>38913527
Great explanation m8.
>>
>>38913192
always and never respectively
>>
>>38913527
>higher reps to tone
>tone
>>
>>38913586
You can go low rep and heavy while you cut if you want, but it will tear down your muscles more than going light and high. While you cut you body has less calories to repair your muscles, so you're just going to shred your gains.

Also, I'm talking about the difference between 5-8 and 8-12 reps. Not 1-5 and 12-15.
>>
>>38913527
Not OP, but I'm new to this too and I get it now, so thanks mane
>>
eating at night??
>>
>>38913527
>claims oversimplified
>adds words to blow it up and a fee extra steps
>comes to the same conlucion

Still this is basically it. Get chronometer app. Sometimes you need to carry over calories on a cut
>>
File: frogkek.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
frogkek.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>38913606
>You can go low rep and heavy while you cut if you want, but it will tear down your muscles more than going light and high. While you cut you body has less calories to repair your muscles, so you're just going to shred your gains.
>Also, I'm talking about the difference between 5-8 and 8-12 reps. Not 1-5 and 12-15.
post body
>>
>>38913527
>unfortunately everyone oversimplifies things, so have some broscience:

>higher reps make a difference
>you will lose muscle if you cut
>only cut if you're fat
>there are only skellies and fat ass fatasses
>changing reps when cutting
>>
>>38913192
>bad photoshop is not good
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.