[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

doing abs helps to reduce belly fat or localized fat burning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: PepeShitposting.jpg (190KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
PepeShitposting.jpg
190KB, 500x598px
doing abs helps to reduce belly fat or localized fat burning is just a meme?
>>
I would say that is pretty memey

Chances are you have fat everywhere and are better off doing high intensity cardio or big compound exercises that actually burn calories
>>
>>38905446
Yes and no.
Working out your abs will increase blood circulation there which potentially makes it easier for the body to grab the fat.
>>
>>38905446

read. the. sticky.
>>
spot reduction of fat is a myth, fat distribution is due to genetics
>>
It's a meme.

Training abs/core is good for other reasons, and having a strong core can sometimes increase visibility at higher bf%.

It's all genetics though. My stomach is probably one of the last places I lose fat during a cut.

Men tend to deposit fat in the stomach region before it goes anywhere else (ever seen a dadstrong blue color guy with a weird beer belly?) So when you go to lose the fat, it's gonna feel like the steepest climb when you get to that last bit of stomach fat.
>>
>>38905446
Do abs anyway because it's good for posture and helps with lifting.
>>
>>38905507
fuck off summerfag

>>38905446
there is a confusion about this. here; when you have more muscle, you burn more fat. this also works locally. but, making muscles bigger is a thing you can accomplish with lifting heavy, frequently, with low reps. this goes for every muscle. the explanation for this, is long and slightly off topic so ill not go there. anyways, a good way to burn fat is cardio. so u see, doing lots of ab exercises goes as doing cardio. but very unproductive since you are tiring the area, instead of doing hypertrophy exercise for it. so, for best results, do a classic lifting routine with 15 reps at most for abs -abs are a big area thats why people confuse its need with high reps. target every ab area specifically and do needed reps for them; as in obliques, adonis, lower abs, upper abs.- and, do slow peace cardio for more fat loss. or you can do HIIT- sprinting and walking circuit training-, but its harder on body so i dont recommend it.
>>
File: 1471164890152.jpg (42KB, 546x693px) Image search: [Google]
1471164890152.jpg
42KB, 546x693px
>>38906370
He's a summerfag for telling that guy to do what he's supposed to?
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16985258

If your diet is good and you bust ass, yes you can in fact spot reduce.

Everything else in the thread is one part broscience one part parroting.
>>
>>38906421
After further reading it seems that I was, mostly wrong.
It does work but as I thought before it's so completely minute it would be fairly impossible to burn off an extra pound.

However, NEAT and continued effort on your part for hours, days, years of your life can see some real difference in WHERE the fat comes from.

Doesn't mean you can do it all in one workout, means that it will be effective over some years.

Also, running in warm clothes and keeping warm while working out helps burn off fat. Who knew?
>>
>>38905446
You can't spot burn fat, but good muscular development can make you look less fat.

Like if you have a decent bf% and you still have love handles tensing your obliques may help to make them look smaller, at least it does for me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.