[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boot camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: INVICTUS.gif (23KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
INVICTUS.gif
23KB, 1366x768px
So I am in the process of joining the Coast guard. I just want to be a cook, but I still need to do boot camp. I know most of boot camp is running, push-ups, and sit ups. Does anyone know of any good routines to prepare me for this?

Also, what weight training can I do to increase performance with pushups/sit-ups?
>>
File: ps.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ps.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
pls
>>
hahahahahaha dont fo it OP.

ive known one happy FS in my 7 yrs in the coast guard. they are all disgruntled and bitter. thats why they have such a huge sign on bonus. 90%of your career is at sea, fyi. get ready for multiple divorces and suicidal thoughts due to your ever present lonliness and lack of respecr anyone has for your job. protop: go aviation

even more protip: do a ton of cardio and push ups. by the time i left i had the 1.5 in about 10 mins and had about 80-90 push ups non stop (prolly 2 mins)

its all an act btw, the CCs dont really hate you and even if you do things perfect you are still gonna get smoked. its there job.
think of basic training like a retarded fatcamp and youll get by just fine.
>>
>>38905658

Thanks.

Why do you think the FS hated their jobs? Did any of them want to do food service, or just saw dollar signs and signed on?

My understanding is most FS have zero experience in food and just want to do what they think is easy. I have a culinary degree and 10 years of food service under my belt.
>>
>>38905744
Okay, so. Imagine this Mr.Culinary degree.

Youve got some bitter 45 yr old who is in charge of you. He thinks salty chicken is where its at. You know this to be false.
That does not matter...you received instructions...you follow them unless you want this asshoke to give you very shittt evaluations and hold you back from promotion out of spite. This bigfest thing people dont understand about being a cook on a boat is this, sure you dont stand regular duty and dont deal with shenanigans in drills usually but, you wake up around 430 to prep and cook breakfast, then you get an hour or two "break" that is basically babysitting idiot nonrates who cant clean the kitchen properly so you get to go gordon ramsey on them, after that fiasco its time for lunch. rinse wash and repeat for after lunch/dinner. if you are lucky your day ends around 1700. Then you relax for a bit and then make dessert happen. Then clean. That is my understanding of how things go. I mean, advancement is fast so youll get that pay but at what cost?

The #1 reason the cooks hate their jobs (have 3 buddys who went FS) is that they are forced to serve certian amounts of food, certian types of food, and generally get very little in the way of artistic freedom in HOW the meals are prepared. You will cook a TON of frozen meats and canned food, the crew will hate you everyday besides steak day (usually friday) and will talk shit because they think they work harder for you when they dont realize you have been up 8 hours and had to deal with prissy higher ups who want an omelet every morning instead of the originally intended waffles and syrup.

Granted, if you are good at what you do you can get to cook for Admirals and VIP at the White House, very honorable and respected duty. They send you to cool C-schools for specialty (we have a fucking cake school for christs sake, literal CAKE)

Just know that shipboard cooking is NOTHHHHIINNNG like cooking at a food service place.
>>
File: 1322134045730.png (517KB, 984x688px) Image search: [Google]
1322134045730.png
517KB, 984x688px
>right justified text
Even if its a poem this shit is unacceptable.
>>
If food is cooked on something haze gray and underway or optic white and a drug runners fright it will taste like the fucking paint
You will be the butt of every joke on every ship boat cutter or submersible you ever step foot on and have no way to prove its the materials and not you
Spoiler alert both colors taste the same
Combat systems or die
>>
>>38906199
>cake school
Fucking coasties win again
Why do they treat you guys better than meeeee
>>
>>38906267
DHS, not DoD.

But, desu senpai, we have the worst exchanges in the military and the smallest budget.

If the navy stopped eating ice cream for one fucking year we could get a new boat.
>>
>>38906254
This guy gets it.

WMEC, WMEC, WMEC, WMEC.

I too am an Everything Tech. Pleasure to meet you, hows that gun shoot coming along?
>>
>>38906199

Wow. Is it really that bad? I mostly want to join just to pay off debt.

Can't I just pay my dues for a year, or so then move on?
>>
>>38905283
> I just want to be a cook

Idk about the coast guard, but in the Navy literally all the cooks are fucking retarded and the promotion rate for them is shit.
>>
>>38907017
Its great, just dont be a fucking cook.

Im an ET, I do fuck all most of the time aside from replace hardware and do some software troubleshooting. Super fun, no retards in rate (just some nerdy autist types) and you are on land most of the time. Good times.

Still wish I went aviation mech though :/
>>
>>38907045
Coast guard cooks are generally bro-tier heavy metal dudes. Food quality is what it is, and the promotion bottlenecks at Chief, which seems pretty reasonable and what should be the standard.
>>
>>38907271

It really doesn't sound drastically different than the culinary industry, honestly.
>>
>>38908054
Then welcome abord and enjoy your phat sign on bonus. May your coffee be chewable and your salad bar tossed across the messdeck by rogue waves.<3
>>
>>38908095

Cool. How is Et? What made you want to do that ?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.