[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food Prep Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: meal-prep-22.jpg (958KB, 700x929px) Image search: [Google]
meal-prep-22.jpg
958KB, 700x929px
Share with me your easiest, cheapest, most efficient methods on food Prep. Looking to simplify my life.
>>
>>38896767
Chicken breats, brown rice. You will cry while eating so use the tears to salt it up.
>>
how do I spice up my 5lbs of baked chicken, /fit/?

I usually just bake my chicken and then add in salt+pepper. It doesn't taste bad, just bland.
>>
>>38896917
what i do is sprinkle dehydrated vegetable mix and oregano on both sides, bake it for 30m at 210c. Then I take it out of the oven, add 50g of mozzarella and bake for another 5 mins

i make sandwiches with high protein bread, bbq sauce and mustard (15g of each per sandwich, roughly 35 extra kcals). eat it along some salad with no oil, it's actually pretty damn good

that's what I do during a cut at least. during a bulk i just add whatever cause eating clean during a bulk is a meme

makes chicken breasts taste like normal meat
>>
>>38896917
mustard , jack daniels sauce etc
>>
>>38896917
Lemon juice and hot sauce does wonders for chicken flavoring.
>>
what kind of glassware/tupperware do you guys use?

do you guys bother to get BPA free?
>>
>>38897129
This guy has got it right. Lemon juice is my best friend when it comes to making chicken bearable.
My recipe goes like this:
-Beat the chicken to tenderize it.
-Make a marinade with lemon juice and add in some basic herbs (Rosemary, Thyme, Pepper).
-Pan fry it till you've cooked off the salmonella.
Although I'm waiting for other recipes in this thread as I would really like some variety. A thread I didn't know I wanted, thanks OP.
>>
>>38896767
>not keeping boiled eggs in the fridge for snacks

Tuna Salad
> 4 cans of tuna
>2 minced boiled eggs
>greek yogurt
>Onions, garlic powder, mustard, celery, grapes... (optional)
>Mix it all together, store in fridge
I usually keep this in the fridge so i can grab a quick bite before muay thai practice. Goes great in lettuce wraps or on breads with crispy crusts.

Veggie casserole
>Green beans, broccoli, carrots. Whatever the fuck is cheap
>1 pack of bouillon broth
>Toss it all in an ovenproof dish, cover in foil
>40-50 min @ 400 F

Meatballs
>2-4 lbs of beef
>1-2 cups of hydrated TVP/Soy protein (optional)
>Make meatballs, freeze in gallon-size ziplocks
>Preheat pan in low/med heat
>pop in frozen meatballs (no fat required)
>Cover, turn a few times until browned
I only use TVP when ground beef is expensive, or the meat I have is too greasy. Frozen meatballs are really convenient, and if you have vegetables you can easily put a meal together in 20 min.

Rice & Eggs
>Leftover rice
>eggs
>Butter, bacon, or any cooking oil
>Cheese, onions, garlic, parsley, chives (optional)
>Grill onions and garlic until golden
>add in the rice
>add eggs, stir until eggs are cooked
>Turn off the heat, add in chopped parsley and chives
This is my go-to drunk food. You can also add chopped vegetables when you're frying the onions.

Pork Chops
>Pork chops
>Sliced onions
>Lime juice
>Squeeze limes over pork
>Preheat pan in medium heat
>Add in pork
>turn and add the onions when browned

(1 of 2)
>>
(2 of 2)

Apples & Greek yogurt
>Sliced apples
>greek Yogurt

Rosemary pork & potatoes
>Pork or Chicken cut in cubes (beef is a little harder to get right, but go for it if you feel confident)
>Potatoes cut in cubes
>Rosemary
>garlic & onions (optional)
>Heat pan on low heat
>Add in the meat, onions,and garlic
>Turn occasionally until browned
>In the mean time, microwave or boil the potatoes until soft
>Once meat is ready, add in the potatoes and rosemary
>Remove from heat when potatoes are golden

I've been cutting for 4 weeks now. I've lost 8 lbs, and I actually enjoy eating clean. I'll try to keep my bulk as clean as possible once it starts too. I actually enjoy cooking, so figuring out the best speed/quality ratio has been fun.
>>
>>38896896
ground lean turkey, mix with an egg, pepper and paprika

dice up tomato, onion ,spinach, zucchini, jalapeño

add a serving of natural tomato sauce or something else to give it flavor

heat up pan, add some olive oil, drop the meat in there on one side, veggie on the other, one meat is cooked just mix it all in and drop the sauce and heat together and you can eat this and be satisfied or save the rest and re-heat and eat for later. super easy to make and you get tons of veggies in there
>>
>>38897251

I like using low sodium pasta sauce --- I don't add salt to my food otherwise, and you gotta get some sodium for neural functions.... *and* I use Mrs. Dash zero salt added table seasoning.... and olive oil.

>call KFC
>>
>>38897213
I use pyrex glass because I can use the same dish to both bake and store my food
>>
>>38897338
fugg i didn't think about doing this.
>>
Grilled up five chicken breast then had 2 steam in bag broccoli bags, add olive oil to broccoli and take that shit for lunch all week.
Dinner is spinach with a can of tuna on top or handful of almonds.
No breakfast cause IF
Been dropping weight this way
Could really shred it off if I could quit drinking
>>
File: photo.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
>2017 minus 3 months
>Not using the Fit Men Cook app

You're never gonna make it.
>>
Chicken breasts in the crock pot with broth and spices. Use the leftover liquid in your rice steamer.
>>
File: IMG_20160929_152138.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160929_152138.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>38896767
i used a cup of marinade from http://www.culinaryhill.com/chipotle-chicken/ on 5 pounds of boneless skinless thighs marinated overnight. in the crockpot for 4 hours on high. remove chicken, shred, add a bit of salt.
>>
Every sunday I cook up a big batch of chili in the slow cooker and lemon pepper chicken in the oven. Chili for lunch, chicken and veggies for dinner for the whole week.
>>
>>38897251
No problem fampai
>>
>>38897424
Is it free?
>>
>>38897643

I don't remember, but the meals are easy as fuck to make and are amazing.

At most it costs like $5
>>
>>38897669
>Paying for apps
No thanks
>>
File: mealprep.png (2MB, 1168x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mealprep.png
2MB, 1168x1152px
I do pic related every Sunday
>>
>>38897697
Fugg, my bad I forget that 4chan is chock-full of poorfags
>>
>>38897735
>having money means you have to waste it

spotted the amerifat
>>
>>38897424
Fuck it, I'm investing famalam.

I guess I'm gonna make it.

Also for the cheapskates, it is a tool, you pay to use tools for different things, this is a tool you are paying for, think of it like an investment. Just skip your cheat meal for 1 week and you gained shitton of recipes senpai
>>
>>38897893
or you can dl it from blackmart for free
>>
>>38897893
Spotted the FitmenCook™ shill.
>>
>>38897904
This information is new to me, then it is just much better than paying 5 dollars, lol

>>38897910

I don't shill, I just found out about this, which is obviously a tool but to each their own senpai, we all have the same goal, just different trains of thought.
>>
>>38897735
It's not about money. It's about paying for someone that will collect info about you and make money with that info. You are the product. It's ok that you don't understand the logic behind that business model, and keep on being an absolute pleb, but you don't have to be an asshole to people not sharing your opinions.
>>
>>38898096
Forgot to add. I have nothing against fitmencook and in fact that guy does a great job putting up recipes at his FREE youtube channel, so why would someone pay for it is beyond me. I guess is the same kind of people that can't drive stick
>>
>tfw eat clean
>love garlic, onion, soy sauce, turmeric and curry
>armpits smell 100% like Maggi sauce (for those that don't have it in their country, just picture light soy sauce)

Even my girlfriend commented how it makes her hungry.
>>
>>38897893

You're a good man. Invest in yourself.
>>
>>38898238
Also, the neverending garlic and onion smell.

I love it. I'd eat tons of that shit if it didn't make you smell like MSG factory.
>>
>>38898132

>tfw I actually can't drive stick
>>
I actually just made a pretty damn good meal right now. Wish I would have taken some pictures before I golfed it down.

>Oven at 375
>Two chicken breasts sliced to make it not so thick
>Drizzle of olive oil
>Salt, pepper, red pepper,
>Throw in some mushrooms, broccoli crowns, small red tomatoes, sliced green onions, carrots
>Toss around and add more salt/pepper/red pepper if necessary
>Cook in oven for about half an hour until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink

Tasted fucking delicious. I was actually really impressed with how flavorful the veggies and chicken were.

I complimented this with some chopped potatoes and I had an excellent meal.
>>
>>38898287

Same here

Never learned kek

Why bother
>>
>>38898132
This guy gets it.
>>
>>38898299
Chuck some sweet potato in there and season with oregano and rosemary and you have a real winner
>>
>>38898132

I pay for the app so that I can save favorites, easily create shopping lists and automatically sync macros to the Health app so that I can track my intake throughout the day. Lots of convenience for relatively nothing.
>>
>>38896917
best mix I have found for plain chicken breast is simply to cover it in salt like a dry rub several hours before, rinse it off before cooking, some thyme garlic and lemon, and sometimes some rosemary, do not overcook! warning do not overcook! but if you follow these steps you will get some of the juiciest chicken ever. it makes fucking bomb ass sandwiches
>>
how to make large quantities of brown rice that don't taste like cardboard?

I was going to do this http://www.bowlofdelicious.com/2014/01/11/cilantro-lime-brown-rice/

but it's only a recipe for one serving
>>
File: diversity.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
>>38897387

>Could really shred it off if I could quit drinking.

Welcome to my world. (sigh)
>>
File: iwonder.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
iwonder.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>38898780

Hmmm.... I wonder what I could do with numbers to make them bigger.... hmmmmm....
>>
>>38897387
honestly I know this is cliched as fuck, but get some help man, I am not saying AA, that didn't work for me, I went from drinking a bottle a night, to a bottle and a six pack, it made me worse, what worked for me, was honestly to find a rehab center that was state run (most states have them) their names are like new hope and shit, and stay there and work my ass off for 6 months, not only was I able to get sober (now 1.5 years) I was able to save enough money to get my own place doing demolition for command center, now almost two years removed from that place I can tell you it was the best thing I could have done.
>>
>>38898877
How does it work? You go and talk? They give you medication? Pls explain
>>
>>38898877
Six months? I can't afford that shit, plus I'd lose my job and default on student loans.
Also isn't that shit all about higher power? I'm agnostic
>>
>>38896767
Need to start prepping food for friday only
only day I have classes past 1pm(inb4 underage im not, finishing last year of highschool) and have no idea on what to do outside some "salads" but I dont really enjoy cold rice and tuna, mayo would probably not be good too

I'm thinking of bringing my electric grill if I find somewhere to plug in

help me out senpai, dont wanna go to coffees whole year again to eat baguettes
>>
>>38896767
>spend hours making healthy food
>put it in plastic containers
>then microwave it
Why not just eat fucking fast food? Microwaving food removes nutrients.
>>
>>38899438
Get a food thermos anon
>>
>>38899580
>Microwaving food removes nutrients
Wew lad
>>
>>38897251
Just brine your chicken mother fuckers.
>>
Bro, I prepped delicious brown rice and coconut milk curry for all my work lunches this week. I have not failed to forget it every day so far. 5 beautifully packed containers, measured to the gram sitting in my fridge!
>>
>>38896767
jar of salsa
500g of brown rice
2 cans of black beans

whole thing is prepared in <5 minutes including cleaning
>>
>all this tupperware

Keeping your food in and eating out of plastic gives you not only cancer, but bitch titties.

Stop drinking out plastic bottles too if you can.
>>
Speaking of meal prep, does anyone have any opinions on minute rice? Specifically the chemicals and preservatives that come in the microwavable ones.
>>
>>38900509
S-Scooby?
>>
>>38896767
1/2 cup Oatmeal and 3oz grilled chicken breast. It's like eating a heathly version of fish and grits.
>>
>>38898283
My gf said she can taste it in my cum so I try to go light on garlic and onions. If I eat it, I make sure to down a pint or two of pineapple juice the next few days
>>
>>38899580
>>38900514
> [citation needed]

Strong momscience
>>
File: 1 (13).jpg (149KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1 (13).jpg
149KB, 800x1200px
Do you guys cook your meal worth of 1 week? Is it only applicable for the main course/lunch? How about breakfast, dinner and such? Please help.
>>
>>38902933
Not that hard to makes eggs or a shake in the morning.
Meal prep lunch and dinner
Snacks on a case by case basis
>>
>>38896917
Slow cook it with some onion, garlic, and potatoes.
>>
>>38901932
n-n-no
>>
>>38897251
3kg chicken breast or thigh, lemon juice, chicken stock, extra salt and pepper to taste and slow cook that shit. just falls apart its gr8 m8
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.