[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being patient with weight loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (52KB, 1242x1290px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 1242x1290px
Newfag here

I want to get into shape. The sticky inspired me to begin, but my biggest fear is my impatience will be a big obstacle in losing weight.

Have any of you experienced this when beginning?
>>
Yeah I'm super impatient. but without roids you're pretty much stuck with slow progress.
>>
>>38895682

AMONGST OTHER THINGS WEIGHTLIFTING WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR IMPATIENCE.

IT WILL GIVE YOU THE QUALITIES THAT WILL MAKE YOU INTO A MAN AND HAVE YOU LAUGHING AT THE POST YOU JUST MADE.
>>
The only time I lose weight is when so eat more and exercise less. Otherwise so just bulk the fuck up. Lost 7 kilos and 3 inches off my thighs by sitting on my ass eating cookies, but I lose muscle mass just as much or more than fat. I just can't seem to burn fat *without* bulking up on a strict diet, which defeats the purpose. I'm trying to get small without being skinnyfat dammit.
>>
>>38895682
>Have any of you experienced this when beginning?

Everyone who has lost weight has experienced this. The issue is that most people focus on their ultimate goal weight, which could be anywhere from a forty pound loss to a four-hundred pound loss. You need to think immediately short-term when you first start out.

The trick is to pat yourself on the back every time you break a new weight PR, which should be every two weeks. Start looking forward to seeing those numbers on the scale be at least one pound lower than your previous record. Anticipate that shit. Fantasize about seeing that new weight PR as you're munching on that bowl of ice and siraca.

Set those short term goals and obsess over reaching them. "One step at a time."
>>
>>38895682
Yes I'm eating like 1k less than my TDEE but I'm not feeling hungry, I think before I started dieting I just ate junk and overstuffed myself too much.
Eating a ton of sorta healthy food is getting me far more stuffed than eating shit while hitting all my calories, carbs, fat, and protein. Fat and Sodium is in fucking everything though and it's the only thing I need to regulate a lot of stuff for.
>>
>>38895682

Once you start seeing improvement it gets a lot more real and then results can be addicting

my problem is getting depressed and shit and not even giving a fuck, so many gains lost to depression
>>
>>38895744
He's right. What started at 4 pounds has now led to 54 pounds. Just gotta take them steps one at a time.
>>
>>38895766
>my problem is getting depressed and shit and not even giving a fuck, so many gains lost to depression

That first sip blows through depression like a juggernaut.
>>
>>38895766
>my problem is getting depressed and shit and not even giving a fuck, so many gains lost to depression

YOU GOTTA START DOING DEPRESSION SETS, SON.

A DEPRESSION SET IS ONE SET OF ANY EXCERCISE TO FAILURE ON DAYS WHERE YOU ARE TOO SAD TO LIFT.

ON MY BAD DAYS, I DO CURLS. LET'S JUST SAY I HAVE BIG BICEPS.
>>
>>38895938

love you scoobs.
>>
>>38895729
>>38895744
>>38895764
>>38895768

OP here

Thanks for the advice.

One other challenge I have is figuring out the best workout schedule.

Is it best to work out every other day to allow the body to rest?
>>
>>38895729
Agreed, the progress you will make in your strength ability will take away the inpatience of weight loss
>>
>>38895682

Yes. The fastest you'll realistically be able to go is about 2 lbs a week. That's just physics. Convincing you that it can go faster if only you buy this pill/workout video/etc. is big business.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.