[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

6'9" and 420 pounds and not even Worlds Strongest Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 000 Crop Thor.jpg (2MB, 2454x1380px) Image search: [Google]
000 Crop Thor.jpg
2MB, 2454x1380px
Hafthor hasn't won the WSM yest, even though he is 6'9" and 420 pounds.

What should he do now? Just call it quits and stick with being a character actor for Giant no speaking roles? Keep doing commercial advertising acting as well?

Is competing in strongman even worth it? More people know who he is from social media and acting than actually seeing him compete on TV.
>>
>>38894642
It's because he's shit at almost every event and only places well when no real competition shows up. Seriously the most meme strongman of all time.

Makes sense though, he's just not actually built that robustly, he's a lanky nerdick cuck
>>
>>38894642
>Is competing in strongman even worth it?
competing in strongman is alpha badass as fuck even if you dont win
>>
>>38894642
>>38894657
Wasn't he third last year and second this year? He has a shot, but he needs to bulk up more. Brian shaw is an inch shorter and 20lb heavier.
>>
>>38894657

This. Brian shaw is a couple inches shorter and like 50 pounds heavier.

That's what it takes to win.

When you look at Thor you can clearly see there is a LOT of space left on his frame for more muscle, but he doesn't have the appetite for it. He needs another 30 pounds of solid muscle at LEAST to win the WSM, and even more to win a static strength contest like the Arnold.

He keeps abs and looks decent, and being the tallest guy up there in top of it makes him very marketable, hence all the hype.

Which is good for him, strongman doesn't pay fucking anything that even comes close to the cost of competing itself. If he can make a living from his height and build outside of competition then he should get out of the sport before he's 32, even earlier if possible.

He came close to winning WSM this year, even beat Brian Shaw on the Circus Barbell clean & Press - tied Eddie Hall actually...

If Thir wins ONCE he should hang it up on a high note.
>>
>>38894642
He does better focusing on his acting career, he could do better at lifting but what's the point
>>
>>38894657
Hes superb with throwing kegs overhead and atlas stones. You sir are a what they would define as a tampon boi. take your tampons back to pol or b
>>
>>38894795
>Wasn't he third last year and second this year?
No real competition.
>>38894814
Yeah but he just doesn't have robust bone structure, he has long legs, narrow-ish shoulders and rib cage, small-ish wrists and so on.

Compare to actual manmore beasts like Big Z, Benni or Ed Hall who are all perfectly proportioned (legs ~50% of height) with thick, dense bones.
>>
>>38894870
I said he's shit at almost every event, which he is, he's bad at carries, presses, deadlifts(!!!), squatting, dragging and so on.

He's good at a few cardio events and yeah, throwing, but that's about it, he's fucked if he doesn't get a favorable draw.
>>
>>38894881

Thor actually has really wide shoulders, as in Biacromial width, its wider than shaw's. It's just that Thor's curve down at the ends, giving a sloped appearance to the shoulders is he isn't lifting them up in a "front relaxed" like a bodybuilder.

None the less your general point is true.

Thor's skeleton is basically that of a Basketball player packed in a lot muscle.

Now, he IS a very strong guy, and absolutely deserves to be in the top 10. His making it to the top 3 the last several years is, as you said basically lucky event draw.

Besides the fact he is structurally a Basketballer, he also has like a 7'1" wingspan, and so sucks at OHP. His long arms don't help him in the deadlift either, as his total height is just too much distance for static lifts.

The bodyweight he requires makes him slow on loading events too.

Guys who tend to do well, as you say, have legs less than 50% of their height. Leggy builds are not great for strongman.
>>
File: downward curve collar bones.jpg (574KB, 935x805px) Image search: [Google]
downward curve collar bones.jpg
574KB, 935x805px
>>38895136

Here's the downward collarbone curvature that makes Thor's shoulders slope.

If he lifts them up a bit he does look really wide, but again, that alone doesn't make you super strong.

If anything having shoulder sockets really far from your center of gravity is worse for leverage.

Look at Bill Kazmaier, long torso, short legs and arms, THICK bones, and Bill had a narrow Biacromial width, so he could easily get "tight" in pressing events. Even though it's not cosmetically good for a "V" taper to have narrow shoulders, technically its good for pressing.
>>
File: Kazmag.jpg (44KB, 341x612px) Image search: [Google]
Kazmag.jpg
44KB, 341x612px
Kazmaier had the ideal strongman structure. Narrow Biacromial width/short collar bones, Thick bones overall, big ribcage, huge hands etc... shorter arms and legs for his height (6'3"), and his legs were less than 50% of his height with a lot of his height coming from a long torso.
>>
>>38895136

Well, big muscles on a Basketball center frame is still a giant, and movie and TV Audience aren't gonna complain.

Saying he "sucks" at any event is being fucking stupid. Compared to who? Eddie Hall on DL and Zydrunas on OHP?

Idiots think in terms of All vs. Nothing.

So Hafthor isn't the best on the planet in some events = sucks in their mind.
>>
>Not rooting for Eddie

You kidding me OP?
>>
>>38895464

Eddie is the future of the sport. 400 pounds on a 6'3" man beats 400 on a 6'9" lanklet any day, every day.
>>
File: 000 big steak lover.jpg (107KB, 1080x977px) Image search: [Google]
000 big steak lover.jpg
107KB, 1080x977px
>>38894881

He's been in the top 3 for the last 5 years, every single time had either Shaw or Zydrunas or both. How the fuck is that not real competition?

Doesn't have a big ribcage? Thin bones and wrists? His wrists are Ginormous.

He also has a long torso and relatively short legs. Not sure where you're getting the leggy thing about. On what image did you base that on? looks like a mistake to me.

This year he was up against Shaw and Eddie. Hafthor won the Jet pull, and beat Shaw on the Barbell press - tied Eddie on the event. Shaw won the throwing event and in the overall Shaw won by 2 points. 53 to 51. I don't think Shaw was even close to as strong at 27 years old as Thor is right now. GTFO.

Only reason Thor hasn't one yet is he simply needs to be a little bit stronger, but at his level it takes time to build up the major static lifts, but at 27 he's still pretty young in a sport where most guys don't hit their prime until 30s.
>>
>>38894642
Hafthor will win wsm withing the next few years and you will have to eat your hat.
>>
File: firehundredetyve blæs den.jpg (31KB, 468x423px) Image search: [Google]
firehundredetyve blæs den.jpg
31KB, 468x423px
>>38894642
>Le weed number xD
>>
>>38894814
Pretty much this. He only eats like 7000 calories a day while eddie hall for example eats 10000 even though he's a lot shorter. If he'd get even bigger he'd probably win WSM very soon.
>>
How do you guys think Zydrunas is holding up? He was injured and didn't compete in WSM this year am I right?

I really don't like Brian and want Z to win his last title before he retires and then the future of the sport has to be Eddie.

Is it possible to see this years comp anywhere?
>>
>>38899006

Eddie might not be the future of the sport. He's limited on moving events, as the mass he needs to dominate the deadlift makes him clumsy on anything athletic.

Also it appears Eddie's bulk is effecting his health and is NOT something he is able to hold long term.

I expect Eddie Hall to need to come down in bodyweight before Brian Shaw retires.

I suspect Hall has had that 1100 pull in him for a while now, but was holding off so that he could keep breaking records at every event up until he got to his limit - which he already had an educated guess on.

Then for some reason decided to push it all the way.

Most likely reason: Eddie wasn't sure how much longer he could hold 400 pounds or the ability to DL that much, so better to get it into the record book right now than wait.

Eddie will go down as one of the all-time greats of strength, but I don't see him as the future of strongman.
>>
>>38894642
Thor is 26. He still has plenty of time to win.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.