[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intermittent Fasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Gotta go faust.jpg (70KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gotta go faust.jpg
70KB, 800x450px
Why is IF not a bigger thing yet? Incredible results whether you want lean gains, fat loss, or just want to promote your overall health. Seriously, why don't people jump on this? It's so easy and enjoyable once you get into it.
>>
>>38884616

I think you missed the boat on this one.

For a period of time over the last few years it was:

>INTERMITTENT FASTING IS THE BEST
>SPACED OUT MEALS IS FUCKING BRO-SCIENCE YOU SHITHEAD IDIOTS
>DOESN'T MATTER WHEN YOU EAT
>INTERMITTENT FASTING NOW GO DO IT

But now everyone has come to their senses and realized that IF isn't some magical thing and bodybuilding style meal planning isn't pure bro-science (especially for competitive bodybuilders).

tl;dr You missed the IF meme train.
>>
>>38884663
Sorry bro but you're just plain wrong. Everyone "coming to their senses" doesn't change any of the countless studies that prove how much IF increases HGH, testosterone, insulin sensitivity, and fat loss. Not to mention longevity. There's nothing wrong with bodybuilding type meal planning. Most competitiors need to eat way more than an 8 hour eating window could allow. But for most average joe's and a good amount of lifters, IF is in fact a magical thing.
>>
Did IF in 2011, lost 10kg without countig calories,
again from may to july 2016 and lost 14 kg.
Eating from 12 till 8. also made some gains in this time,
IF is the shit.
>>
>>38884616

It is a thing, at least were I live. Everyone's talking about Micheal Mosley's 5:2 diet. But I suppose maybe it isn't in the US. and it's not generally something for people who lift anyway, it's weight loss with no exercise.
>>
>>38884616
So IF is pretty much just starving right?
>>
>>38886881
More accurately, IF works by keeping your eating to one general eight-hour period, and using the other 16 hours to allow your body to digest the food.

It's basically giving your body a break from eating so it can work on breaking all that food down.
>>
>>38884616
I don't like IF, I just prefer 24-hour (at least) fast allowing for water/tea, I feel pure after a while. Wouldn't IF be awful for your blood sugar, eating a bunch all at once?
>>
>>38884663
I have been doing IF for a little over a year. I eat between 3pm-8pm. I still count my calories.
My reasoning:
As soon as I eat, I just become ravenous and eat like a monster (former fatty). IF makes controlling cravings ez mode.
Breakfast makes me shit like 5 times in the morning.
>>
>>38887027
This is stupid and wrong. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
1. Is it true that fasting increases Test in the levels of HGH-therapy?

2. Do you eat a big 2-day meal after a 2 day fasting?
>>
>>38887027
>"More accurately"
This couldn't be further from how IF works
>>
>>38884750
>doesn't change any of the countless studies that prove how much IF increases HGH, testosterone, insulin sensitivity, and fat loss
Citation needed on all of these short of insulin sensitivity
>>
>>38887027
lol fuck off you twat
>>
>>38887244
>Is it true that fasting increases Test in the levels of HGH-therapy?
Test and HGH boosts are negligible. Don't do IF because you've deluded yourself into thinking you are going to be getting test gains, if you want test, inject it. IF is a good way to eat large, satisfying meals whilst cutting.

> Do you eat a big 2-day meal after a 2 day fasting?
IF typically means 16 hour fast, 8 hour eat. The 2 day fast is from a book called "Eat, Stop, Eat" and it specifically asks you NOT to eat bigger meals on the day after a fast.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.