[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/run/ - Running General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1474973590895.gif (96KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
1474973590895.gif
96KB, 248x203px
Last one is dead
>>
My running shoes are ded, and my budget is low. Are there any decent road/pavement running shoes for cheap?
>>
>>38882511
Have you considered barefoot?
>>
>>38882573
Can one run barefoot in the sidewalk without completely messing up their knees and ankles?
>>
>>38882487
>Last one is dead
But it's still there, you filthy newfag.
>>
File: eTMKjnpGc.jpg (23KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
eTMKjnpGc.jpg
23KB, 446x362px
so guys I have been running 5k every two or three days since July.

One thing that really bothers me is shin splints. Bloody hell they are annoying as fuck. When I run without a single sign of pain in my shins, I feel like flying and that's when I know my PR will be broken.

When I feel even the slightest pain, I am usually ~30 seconds slower than my best PR.

The thing is, shin splints take a lot of time to heal, and even if I wait like 5 days before the next run, I will get them again.

What the fuck should I do? Is this shit something that can be dealt with once and for all?
>>
>>38882811
slow down and stop trying to set a pr every time you run you dumb frog poster
>>
>>38882911
but isn't trying to break your PR how you improve?

I managed to bring my time from 40 minutes down to 30 after 2 months of doing that.

might my weight be the problem? I'm 6'1 94 kg, I was 101 kg 2 months ago. I think I should go down to 85
>>
>>38882932
You've just been told the solution, stop trying to pass the buck. Slow the fuck down.
>>
>>38882809
it's reached bump limit and no responses in hours, newfag
>>
>>38882932
i used to be like you when i first started running. I was a 6' 230lb lard ass and it felt good consistently lowering my 5k time every week. It almost felt like an addiction seeing the number drop but soon learned the hard way that this was not sustainable with numerous injuries like yours. No one has a gun to your head saying you have to be at a certain pace by a certain time. Slowly build up endurance and then you can focus and getting faster. Also I dont think weight has much to do with shin splints. Now that i'm 165lbs I still get them on occasion when i try to increase my mileage too fast.
>>
>>38882998

>>38854658
It's at 192 and on page 3. Bump limit is 310.
>>
>>38882487
>>38882998
KYS
>>38854658
>>
File: 1474379907394.jpg (135KB, 519x537px) Image search: [Google]
1474379907394.jpg
135KB, 519x537px
>>38882487
>Training for a Krispy Kreme charity run
>Have to eat a dozen doughnuts halfway through

How the fuck do I prepare myself for that? Although I don't do a lot of cardio, a 5k is seemingly nothing to train for right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.