[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who do you ask to spot you in your bench press? I always hear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1475004476903.webm (1MB, 450x234px) Image search: [Google]
1475004476903.webm
1MB, 450x234px
who do you ask to spot you in your bench press?

I always hear people saying just ask anyone around, is this what you do as well or do you always do the chest days with a friend?
>>
Someone who looks competent, rather a man because they can lift and women think you're just hitting on them
>>
>>38882081
Check yourself for autism.

Ask anyone who looks like they lift, im sure theyre familiar with the concept of spotting.
>>
>>38882081
i don't really ask for spot anymore, im making small increments in weight and know my strength
but if i needed to get a spot i'd ask a person that looks like he lifts or a trainer
>>
>>38882180
I messed up my second week of lifting on 3x10 35 kg

I had to do the roll of shame at the last rep, I thought I could pull the last 2 off but I failed....

now the roll of shame was very bad and hurt my abs, I think I bruised them.

do you think it's hernia and not just a bruise? fuck man... i havent even started lifting and i fucked everything up
>>
File: image.gif (302KB, 371x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
302KB, 371x394px
>>38882081
EVERYONE KEEPS STEALING MY LAST REPS
>>
>>38882081

I don't have a spotter because home gym master race but I've failed bench alone with heavy weights a few times.

Cause I'm not a fat fuck with a gut I just roll the bar down to my hips sit up and then stand up.

Never needed a spotter
>>
>>38882081
Whoever is closest that's not busy and isn't a tiny/weak girl. If I need help, a little assistance is all that's needed.

>>38882324
Just tell them hands off unless the bar goes down.
>>
>>38882291
u can only lift 77 lbs?
>>
>>38882349
He isnt counting the bar you stupid FUCK.
>>
>>38882349
>>38882361
to be honest I actually count the bar, I know I am weak as fuck, but I am determined to change it.
>>
>>38882325
So you rolled of shame 3-4 pl8s or do you consider 1.5-2 plates "heavy"?
>>
>>38882371
No problem there bro. The point of being in the gym is to improve.

The biggest meme we fall for is looking past that fact.
>>
You can literally ask anyone. Sometimes I'll ask a scrawny kid or heck, even a girl (sometimes just so I can have someone to mire me).

Realize that even when you fail, your spotter is only lifting a small component of the weight - you should be able to do the rest. And if not? You're lifting way outside of your zone and should learn to /fit/
>>
>>38882325
You're gonna die some day. Get a rack with safeties if you want to bench alone.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.