[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is all protein equal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Plant-based-vs-animal-protein.jpg (218KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Plant-based-vs-animal-protein.jpg
218KB, 1200x800px
Is all protein equal?
>>
no
you need to activate some protein to get its full effect, such as that of almonds
>>
>>38878716
no, there are different types which are absorbed at different rates, iirc casein takes much longer to absorb compared to whey
>>
>>38878725
how do I activate my eggs?
>>
>>38878732
By activating your chickens.
>>
>>38878716
I think for all intend and purposes yes. You can lump protein from meat as complete, and protein from plants as incomplete. It gets a little more complicated then that, but that is a simple rule of thumb
>>
>>38878741
do I just run them on a treadmill or something?
>>
>>38878752
>cardio
>activating chickens
Never gonna make it.
>>
File: anglopepe.png (74KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
anglopepe.png
74KB, 333x333px
>>38878745

so what about that red beans & white rice is a complete protein idea ?

more work of the Jews ?

>favorite food of the Mexican
>>
>is all protein equal?
No. Get at this dick for more answers.
>>
>>38878789
Protein doesn't really matter. It's the amino acids, as long as you get all the amino acids you need in the day, you should be fine.
>>
Plant proteins lack certain chains of amino acids that our bodies need in order to break the protein down optimally.

If you mix small amounts of animal proteins in with the plant proteins it will provide the missing amino acids.
>>
>>38878778
You gotta activate the treadmill first.
>>
>>38878716
No you nigger.

You need protein with a wide variety of amino acids.

Take pork-rinds.

Read the nutritional label. It has a ton of "protein." But it's literally just from 1 amino acid, so it's quite a poor source of protein.
>>
>>38878823
how many do i need?
>>
>>38878904
gotta activate your green energy solar panels before you do that however.
>>
>>38879172
The problem is the measurement is in protein. The rule of thumb is a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, but you can probably get by with less.
>>
>>38878716
No.

Valine, Leucine and Iso-Leucine aminoacids compose protein which makes 1/3 of the muscle and the body cannot create them on their own, you have to get those from food. Protein from aminoacids like Glycin on the other hand is the most simple one and the body can create it on their own, they are mostly used for spiking protein powders. Such protein powders are not bad, but not as good as the ones mentioned above, which are also known as BCAA's (branched-chain amino acids).
>>
File: 1469791879594.jpg (104KB, 666x484px) Image search: [Google]
1469791879594.jpg
104KB, 666x484px
>>38878725
>>38878732
>>38878741
>>38878752
>>38878904
Trying to contain my fucking laughter during a lecture, sthap.
>>
And once again 4chan proves that it's worse than reddit, in one single thread. Sad desu.
>>
>>38879207
>The rule of thumb is a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight
hahaha wew laddy
>>
>>38878789
>beans
>protein
>>
>>38878716
When in doubt, eat steak and eggs washed down with milk
>>
>>38878716
http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/proteins/incomplete-vs-complete-proteins.html
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid

Reading helps anon.
>>
I recall reading an article on yogaworld.com about egg activation. I will try to find the link.
>>
>>38878716
>Is all protein equal?
No - my cum is better protein than fucking dog meat.
>>
No, all protein isn't equal. Animal sources are objectively better in pretty much every way. Plant sources are usually deficient in one or more amino acid, and often has poor bioavailability of what protein it does have due to the fiber, chemical bonding, and phytotoxins interfering with digestion. This is the same reason that many plant based micronutrients are inferior to those from animal products in just about every way.

>>38879356
It's true though.
>>
>>38879730

?

care to explain instead of being an autist

beans are a great source of protein
>>
>>38882433
Shit bioavilability.
>>
>>38882505
thats a meme
>>
>>38878725
fpbp
>>
>>38882524
It's not in the slightest.
>>
>>38878732

You sit on them.
>>
>>38882813
RIP chiklets
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.