[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a DYEL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (995KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
995KB, 1536x2048px
Sorry I've been reading but not posting for about 3 months since ive started lifting. What's a DYEL?
Is C25K a meme?
What about C25K and SS?
>>
>>38878661
DYEL = Do You Even Lift

I haven't tried C25K.

SS isn't perfect but its better than any routine that a nooby would try to make themselves. HIGHLY reccomend
>>
I've been kinda following SS for 2 months maybe. My squats up to 155 3x5 OHP is 65 3x5 Bench hasn't really increased but is 110 3X5 DL 195x 5. I'm 5 8' and weigh 161. I've been eating at calorie deficit since starting. Any tips I feel like I've been stalling on my bench and OHP.

Also squats causing wrist pain? Ever since I started my right wrist has hurt. Especially when doing the "packing dip" motion
>>
>>38878661

C25K is the easiest way to get into distance running. Whether or not it is a meme depends on what you think of distance running and what your goals are.
>>
>>38878879
My goals are to get from the beginning to running a sub 22 minute 5K in about 5 months
>>
File: franky.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
franky.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>38878854

switch your bench routine to 5/3/1 reps....

i.e..... 95 x 5 + 105 x 3 + 115 x 1 after warmups.

and.... drop the weight to 75 lbs, and let the bar rest motionless on your chest for a count of 3. when you can get 5, increase the weight to 80 lbs,,, etc.....

chest strength comes from overload.... not high reps... because half a dozen things are going on in this compound movement.

>boo yah
>>
>>38878854
Yeah. As long as you're in the "kinda following a routine maybe" category, you're gonna stall. That's just a fact. You gotta commit, boyo. And don't worry too much about OHP, that shits hard for everyone.

Also, maybe don't eat at a deficit? I know I don't get stronger during a cut, so I can't imagine that it'll be easy for a beginner to.

As far as squats causing wrist pain, the answer is that you're probably fucking up. I can't tell you how without seeing your form, and I'm not going to pretend to. Find someone at your gym who looks like they know what they're doing. Explain the problem and ask them to help. Most gym people are actually pretty nice.

Good luck, anon!
>>
>>38878921
Thanks, I'll try this tomorrow.

Will a higher bench weight equal more push-ups? I'm trying to get in shape to join the military, if my current life doesn't pan out.
>>
>>38878947

Up to a point. Once the effective weight on your pushup drops below about 60% of your bench max, building a bigger bench usually stops helping enough to be worthwhile.
>>
>>38878854
Been doing SS for a month here are my stats all 3x5 except deadlift
Squat 200lbs
OHP 90lbs
Deadlift 210lbs
Bench 130lbs

5'10, 178 lbs bodyweight 24% bodyfat and I have also been doing SS on a cut
Just keep doing it and don't be afraid of increasing weight. I lift at the same weight for a week and then increase by 5 lbs on each side because that's the smallest plate my gym has
>>
>>38878917

Are you fat? If not, you should do something more intense than c25k, since you have a specific time goal in a relatively short amount of time. c25k will get you to a slow 5k in 9 weeks. That would only leave you with 11-12 to try to get fast.

If you are fat, 22 min 5k in 5 months is probably not going to happen unless you are naturally talented, in which case it won't really matter what program you do.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.