[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much heavier are hard rubber plates than iron plates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1471913044045.jpg (619KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1471913044045.jpg
619KB, 1959x1469px
how much heavier are hard rubber plates than iron plates?
>>
(You)
>>
>>38876943
About tree fiddy per
>>
>>38876943
10lb plates = 10lb plates
Rubber just takes up more space cause it's not as dense, like you OP

Same with the 45lbs mong
>>
tree fiddy
>>
Memeing aside, why does iron feel heavier than rubber plates?
>>
>>38877364
because it is heavier in most cases
>>
>>38876943
Depends on the age of the iron plates. They lose weight over time due to corrosion, but rubber plates do not.
>>
>>38877449
The amount lost due to corrosion is negligible
>>
>>38877421
Really? Why fhough? I would think that the Olympic plates I use would be better calibrated, but they feel easier than iron ones.
Probably just psychological
>>
>>38877449
>>38877470
Iron oxide would actually add weights to the plates, extreme microloading
>>
>>38877480

>Take weights to scale
>weigh plates
>no more asking people on the internet why some plates feel heavier than others

c'mon anon, it's not this hard. But unless you bought actual calibrated plates, it's a bit of a crapshoot.
>>
>>38877537
The weights are in the gym and I'm not going to carry them to the scale in the locker rooms like a total autist.
I don't really believe they could actually be different, it's probably just in my head. Logically the iron should actually feel lighter as they are narrower,
>>
>>38876943
Well rubber denies gravities forces so it makes the weight lighter. Thats why they are used as bumper pl8s
>>
>>38877571

sorry, I read that as "my olympic plates" so thought they were yours at a home gym.
Yea don't carry them to the locker room.

It's possible that any of the weights are off by a couple of pounds either way, so just try and be consistent with the set you use and you'll be fine.
>>
>>38876943
for some reason when I lift with bumper plates they feel heavier than standard from plates
maybe because they look bigger
>>
>>38877364
Because rubber plates are much easier to grip.
>>
>>38876943
If you drop both from the same height the iron plate will always land first since it weighs more.
>>
>>38877830
That sounds plausible to e
>>
>>38877972
That only works in a vacuum idiot.
>>
>>38877364
Cause the weight is more centered towards you, when its a thick rubber plate its spread over the bar a bit more.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 1280x738px
I don't get it
>>
>>38878107
Isn't iron heavier?
>>
>>38876972

Wouldn't OP be dense since he fails to understand that?

and you fell for the b8
>>
seriously though, if rubber is more compressible wouldnt it weigh less?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.