[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw rolled shoulders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: ShouldersRolledwtmk.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ShouldersRolledwtmk.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
How do I fix it /fit/?
>>
File: 1473678819528.jpg (8KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1473678819528.jpg
8KB, 250x244px
>>38872818
same breh
>>
>>38872818
Row like your gains depend on it
>>
>>38873114
My whole posture will depend on them
>>
>>38872818
facepulls and rowing like a freak
>>
when did you first notice it? it could be muscle imbalances, in which case you should pull more. curl+benchbros usually run into this problem kek
>>
Not OP but all I do is play vidya and lift at uni, and my shoulders look like this. Pls send help
>>
>>38872818
>>38873135
also it is very common when sitting in the office all day. check how you sit and force yourself to sit not rolled
>>
>>38873143
Its definitely a muscle imbalance, i got desperate because my pecs/triceps where lagging and all I did was bench+ heavy ass dips
And now im a hunchback
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 416x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 416x387px
Pls help I will pay with rare spurdos
>>
>>38873201
damn. i guess it can be fixed within a couple of months of rowing though so gl with that. reverse flyes are also your friend.
>>
I've never seen a person other than myself who doesn't have rolled shoulders
>>
>>38873268
normies dont have rolled shoulders
>>
external rotation shit
>>
>>38872818
>>38873101
>>38873242

It is actually really easy. What is your routine? You probably do (or focus too much) on push exercises (bench press, overhead press, closegrip bench press...) and not enough on pulling exercises.

You basically should do 1 rep of pulling for every 1 rep of pushing, and try doing an opposite exercise. Take as an example my routine: I'm currently doing SL 5x5 like this:
AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

Day A:
Squat 5x5
Bench press 5x5
barbell row 5x5
DB bicep curl 2x8-10
Tricep Rope pushdown 2x8-10

DayB:
Squat 5x5
Overhead press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Lat pulldown 3x8

What i want you to see is that:
1) On A day, i do 25 reps on bench press and 25 reps on row (with the same grip as the bench press) which are 2 opposite exercises.
(Even the curls and rope pushdowns are opposite movements)
2) On B day i do 25 reps of OHP, and then do 24 (3x8) reps of lat pulldown, again: opposite movements.

All routines should do something like to ensure good shoulder health and no muscle imbalances.
>>
most people will recycle whatever shit they got from YT/google about posture.

look at chinks and columbians and shit - great posture. why? they don't sit all day. western people do since they have the luxury of a labourless life.

PTs and shit would have you doing face pulls, foam rolling and 30s of streching per week. absolute trash - i cannot stress this enough. if you want good posture, maintain good posture throughout the day. yes stretches and corrective exercises help. however, not nearly to the extent that holding these positions literally forever does.

if you are too inflexib;e to begin with, do a thorough warm up and stretch properly. i will leave you to look into how to do that.
>>
Currently trying this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA3O0NVb-sk

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTV6UCh-yhs

Because I've been having pain in neck and upper back for a couple of months now, despite lifting ~3/3/2/1 and an 85 kg row, all from the fucking sitting at uni, work, and then at home in front of vidya.

I've taken a break from lifting for a week and done those two things in the mean time, the pain is already better, although not gone in every situation/position. (e.g. after sitting a lot, my upper back still hurts a bit.)

When doing the excersise from the first vid, my hands fucking tingle for the first minute or so, and by the end of it I can really feel the fucked up part in my spine between my shoulders, the part that is p. much bent forward when sitting at your pc like a hunchback.

Also tried a couple of the excercises from this guide, did them during my last lifting session:

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/neanderthal-no-more-4

Those dip-shrugs really felt like they unfucked my shit for a bit, I could take deeper breaths after I did them, before that, it kinda felt my lungs werent entirely full when I took a deep breath, but could not expand outward anymore.

And finally, I did front squats for the first time during my last workout. Form isnt perfect yet, but you have to keep your upper back straight doing them, and it also felt like my shit was getting unfucked by being forced into the correct posture + keeping it under tension while moving the weights.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160927-180410.png (283KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160927-180410.png
283KB, 1440x2560px
>>38872818
http://www.rohitnair.net/pp/#posture
Now go away.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.