[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a red pill on breatharianism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 76825.png (1MB, 1600x789px) Image search: [Google]
76825.png
1MB, 1600x789px
Can I get a red pill on breatharianism?
>>
Pic in OP is taken out of context and made to make breatharian sound like some mystic voodoo that lets you not eat.

FYI:

Breatharian's only go extended periods without eating, some as long as thirty days but generally not longer. They do return to eating normal food after a specific period of time.

They drink water while "fasting" even though they don't call it fasting.

They absorb sunlight in huge quantities for as much nutrition as they can (Vitamin D)

A lot of it is just in their head. Placebo effect, etc. It's really not very healthy, but I'm not a doctor so what the fuck do I know.
>>
wtf i hate nutrition now
>>
>>38872664
yeah right, only water for 30 days, I bet they feed themselves all the bullshit they talk to each other
>>
>>38872701
Yeah some of the claims are ridiculous, and a lot of them are actually just scam artists pandering to insecure people, but there are some real practitioners with physical proof. See Ray Maor, went 8 days without food or water on a live video feed. He had constant medical attention and blood tests done through that time however, and lost 17 lbs after it was over.

Generally it's the people who brag and pander the least but still put a claim to the practice who have the most interesting stories about this practice.
>>
>>38872616

Most people call this "fasting".
>>
>>38872808
Did that medical attention include constant IV fluids because otherwise he'd be dead
>>
>>38873010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVXxEaYRhrI

check it out yourself, anon. I just googled and found the documentary of it. 100% recorded, no IV, no food, no water, 8 days and nights. He even had a camera on him in the shower to watch if he was drinking water from it.

Scientists were actually baffled.
>>
>>38873010

Freaks of nature exist, look at Wim Hof. He should not be alive, the crazy bastard.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof
>>
>>38872664
theres at least one prominent woman who claims to literally eat nothing indefinitely. theyre all a bunch of retards. it may or may not be related, but alot of chinese women think that staring into the sun at sunset and/or dawn will help them lose weight
>>
>>38872616
sungazer/breatharian hira ratan manek shows us the secret to doing this - eating actual food when he thinks no one is around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stmuaVlCjmM
>>
>>38872616
the fuk am I reading?
>>
>>38873073
so the guy withered away 17lb in only 8 days doing what he claims he does all the time?
>>
>>38872616

Sounds like they really want to....see the light.
>>
I can't believe there are retards on /fit/ gullible enough to believe this bullshit. Times like these remind me this site can have no decent intellectual discussion when there are sub 70 IQ posters everywhere.

The body can go about 3 days without water, and anywhere from 3-6 weeks without food, depending on fat stores.

There has not been a single Breatharin who hasn't been caught cheating to my knowledge other than Ray Maor. But looking at his example, he lost a large amount of weight in those 8 days. Not very sustaining Prana, eh?

The body expels about a litre of water a day, which can go lower in survival scenarios. If the guy was showering, you cannot guarantee water wasn't slipping past his lips, even with a camera on him.

As well, it's a documentary in Israel, which is a shithole (inb4 good goys shut me down)

Take a Breatharian into a first world, strictly controlled study area, and they crack in a few days. If Prana were a legit thing, it would be used by militaries to help sustain extended remote campaigns where supplies are limited. World hunger would be solved. Science would have studied the fuck out of it.

Instead, the only people practicing it are dirty Indians asking you to donate to them in exchange for their mystic secrets. If you believe in this shit, I have no sympathy when it kills you.
>>
>>38873966
lol thats what i took away from that post. but i guess he supposedly didnt drink water, which i dont really believe happened, but maybe he overdosed on sodium and loaded up on water beforehand
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.