[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1439217978499.jpg (21KB, 313x324px) Image search: [Google]
1439217978499.jpg
21KB, 313x324px
>set squat PR
>the second I rack the weight I'm unhappy
>"should have hit this weight months ago"
>"should have done more reps"

I used to enjoy progress more, but now I'm happy for like 3 seconds before I start mentally chastising myself again. Also I'm getting too fat.
How do I learn to be happy
>>
These are all signs that it's time to cut tbhfam
>>
>>38872035
But I'm not strong enough to cut
>>
>>38872062
o
>>
File: 1291438890884.jpg (241KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1291438890884.jpg
241KB, 500x489px
>>38872011
I know that feel, anon
>hit PR
>rerack and reality hits
>my form wasn't flawless
>should've done this weeks ago
>doesn't even matter because i gained 2 lbs
>why couldn't i get one more rep
>>
>>38872011
fuck bro, iktf too
>>
I don't understand, benching 3+ plates and onward in a normy gym is always extremely confidence boosting.

I mean, just enjoy the attention and mires, even if it's hideous and you aren't even doing anything really impressive.
>>
I always feel like a champion on new PRs, success regardless of time and effort is success OP.

Yeah I should of hit it months ago, but I still did.
>>
>>38872011
My stats are absolute shit, but if I manage to go up with the weight I feel like a fucking tank.
>>
File: Motivation_For_Ants.jpg (8KB, 64x36px) Image search: [Google]
Motivation_For_Ants.jpg
8KB, 64x36px
>>38872011
Just focus on the shit you're doing, map how you're going to get to that next PR and figure out what wasn't working if you seriously think you should have hit the previous one sooner than you did so that you don't make the same mistakes. If you're getting too fat, cut. You know how to cut, there's a sticky, there's a google, there's tdee calculators and things to help you plan your meals.
This shouldn't be an issue of discipline but rather one where you find the most effective method of getting your shit done and just doing it. You'll be happy with yourself cause you know you're doing your best rather than being a little bitch.
>>
>you will never hit 2plate bench PR for the first time again
>>
>>38872257
You will hit 3pl8 and if you try hard enough 4 pl8.

What the fuck is the problem?
>>
>>38872271
i dunno man. 2plate bench felt like making it. 3plate bench was just business as usual. don't know how to explain it.
>>
>>38872284
You are basically a god when you bench top 3 pl8 in a normy gym.
If you are human you will enjoy that.
>>
>>38872011
You have a problem.
>>
>>38872284
>tfw 99 str
>>
>>38872011
That's OCD.
>>
>too weak to cut
>too fat to bulk
>>
>>38872011
Not all thoughts you have are your own thoughts in the sense that you intentionally decided to have them. Most thoughts that pass into your consciousness are just what your mind automatically produces all the time. And you are not your mind. Your mind is the mental area you live in and it consists of everything you can be conscious of. Sensations from your body go into the same category as feelings and automatic thoughts, they flow into your without you having having a choice in their contents, only some control in whether you notice them or not.

You should consider the thoughts and feelings that you don't choose to have as being like the weather. The weather is a thing that you can like or dislike depending on its state which you have no control over. You don't blame yourself when the weather is bad. You just note that it's bad and that you don't like it, then you do what you want to do while dealing with the weather.

But you probably need to be reminded that certain thoughts are not your own. There's a good line you can say in your mind in response to unwanted and negative thoughts that pop up: "thanks, mind". You're reminding yourself of who's responsible for the thought (not you) and giving a quippy response to get yourself in the attitude of not minding what crap is raining down on you. It really is just random trash your mind throws at you. Your mind is not your friend. It's not always working for your benefit. Don't mind it when it's not. Don't get angry at the weather, just note it and move on.
>>
>>38872011
>learn to be happy
U wot m8?
You don't "learn" to be happy. Either you are or you aren't.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.