[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bodyweight routine for a skelly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: clink.jpg (131KB, 690x520px) Image search: [Google]
clink.jpg
131KB, 690x520px
I can't seem to be able to find a good bodyweight routine for a super skinny guy who can't even lift weights because it fucks up my joints... This probably doesn't deserve its own thread but I read the sticky and it only mentions weight lifting. Help out a bro please... (184cm/63kg/skinnyphat)
>>
Well how many pushups pullups and squats can you do in one set?
>>
fuck skellies, kys
>>
File: 255_1419963404_doing1jpg.jpg (53KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
255_1419963404_doing1jpg.jpg
53KB, 600x750px
>>38867661
>Bodyweight
>Skelly
>>
>>38867748
>kys
I don't remember having to sign a certificate at birth saying that I approve of being born the way I was

>>38867712
no idea, I will go ahead and see rn
>>
look up ddp yoga. resistance exercises are what you'll need. basically, pretend you're lifting by resisting your body movement.
>>
>>38867661
just start with some bw exercises and if pull ups and push ups seem too difficult and you do them with shitty form just start with some ground rows and incline push ups. You can also try some variations of bw squat like the cossack or bulgarian split squat
>>
File: 20160927_142248.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20160927_142248.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>38868371
>>38867712
So far I could only do pushups since I don't have a pull up bar yet. I've done 17 pushups but now I barely have any strength left to even lift my arms... also my right wrist hurts, feels like the muscle where the wrist is facing towards me is too tight. I've done 50 squats ass to the grass, feel like I could've done more, but my legs felt like they would fall off any moment. Don't think I could go for another set with this amount of reps in any exercise..

What would be optimal set amount, also should I go to failure every time? How long should I rest? I can only feel my triceps hurt... what would be a good biceps exercise? Any other exercises you'd recommend until I get the pull up bar? Should I train every day since it's not weights?

pic is my pathetic arm. I have weights at home, but my elbows hurt and sometimes lock up. How do I build some chest and arm volume? this is my biggest issue
>>
>>38868665
first off, shave the hair, as a fellow skelly who is starting to undergo gains, hair on a skinny arm looks really fucking bad. second, if you cant lift ( you really should but ) just do shitloads of pushups and EAT LOTS OF FUCKING FOOD!! eating the food is the most important part imo, if you aren't eating enough protein and shit, fuck the pushups and becoem a tranny anime slut, this is my advice as a skelly to another, EAT!! EAT LIKE YOUR A STARVIN FUCKIN AUSCHWITZ LITTLE BITCH EAT !!
>>
Also if you're an underage lying about joints or whatever just because you can't get a gym membership (common thing), just get a fucking gym membership. bodyweight will help but if you want to get gains and get big, you do weights. bodyweight is pretty good when you have mass on already though, and being able to be in control of your body is pretty sick
>>
>>38868779
I'm actually 20 years old. I seriously got some joint issues, so I thought maybe if I built up some strength beforehand, my joints would suffer so much?

>>38868744
Ok, got it, eat. Same question to you as to the other anon, would bodyweight give me prior strength so that I would be able to lift without my joins suffering?
>>
Don't be afraid to start with lighter weights. When I was a 6' 105lb skelly I only used 10lb dumbbells for most exercises.
Also have a protein shake after you work out and try not to be hungry too much
>>
>>38867661
There's nothing about being a "skelly" that demands some different or novel bodyweight routine. Do what everyone else does. You aren't special.

If you want out of skelly mode you will eventually need to add resistance to your workouts, whether through weights or more difficult bodyweight routines. The impact on your joints will be the same.

My guess is youre leaning towards bodyweight because youre too embarrassed to bench 15 lb dumbbells in front of people at the gym. Get over yourself, nobody cares about you.
>>
I'm 125 lbs 5'11" and not a lying pussy like OP I just don't know what program to do. Like I did 5x5 for a while over the summer before going on a bike tour and it was okay.

also there's only 1 squat rack at my gym and this insane 5' tall latino jacked man orbits it all day
>>
I am 5'11, and was 145 for nearly all 4 years of college. Recently started lifting/ACTUALLY EATING. I'm now at 165. Been doing Stronglifts 5x5. Right now I'm up to
>245 squat
>150 bench
>115 row
>100 overhead press
>235 deadlift

I'm seeing some very decent gains in my legs. Like, noticeable after 3 months. I haven't really noticed any change in my upper body. My biceps look the same size. My pecs are a little bigger.

None of my pants fit anymore, so I'm having to buy all new jeans and shorts.

The biggest thing is to eat more. You have to fucking eat.
>>
>>38869805
What makes me a lying pussy, jackass?

>>38869722
alright i'll start out light

>>38870011
yeah, I get that, you need fuel
>>
do pushups situps squats lunges pullups

basically whole body gets worked, should turn you into fit healthy human being

make sure your form is good
>>
>>38872069
Thanks, appreciate it!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.