[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water cut for a fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (76KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 625x415px
/fit/,

Have a fight at the end of the week. Currently on a water cut (see details below). I've been advised to limit veggies because of their water content (for this week only). But I want to make sure I'm having regular bowel movements. Would using Psyllium husk fiber supplement be advisable?

Obviously, I'm worried about water retention and I'm not sure how psyllium acts when consumed.

My water cut:
>Sat. & Sun. 2 gallons of regular water
>Monday - 1 gallon of distilled water
>Tuesday - 1/2 gallon of distilled water
>Wednesday - 1/4 gallon of distilled water
>Thursday - dry day
>Friday AM - weigh-ins

I'm mainly eating ground beef, eggs, Greek yogurt, and low sodium whey protein.

All help greatly appreciated!
>>
>>38862860
How much you need to cut mate? I fought low level pro boxing for a few years, so I know a thing or two about it.

I always stuck to leafy greens, ice chips and no salt. Just keep up with some electrolyte powders.
>>
>>38862860
Can always take some midol if you're worried about retaining too much water senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 634x627px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 634x627px
>>38862924
I need to be down to 150lbs. Saturday I was 175lbs. Today I'm 163lbs.

So, you've done leafy greens with your cut? I'm assuming spinach/kale/chard/etc..

What about broccoli?

>>38862936
I'm open to a mild diuretic.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 750x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 750x733px
>>38862860
Self bump
>>
>>38863174
Yeah I never had a problem with eating veg on a cut, and I was similar weight (fought between 62-70kg, walked around at 75ish) I wouldn't recommend a diuretic if you haven't used it before, a week out is too late to be fucking around with that kind of shit if it does mess you up.

Try a thermogenic preworkout if there's no testing (mostly meme I know, but they always made me sweat a lot more) and just layer up when you train/do cardio. Lean protein, just enough carbs to make it through training and electrolytes/magnesium supplement to prevent cramping and you should make it.

Has your coach given you any advice for it?
>>
>>38862860

You may want to look into taking laxatives. Particularly magnesium citrate, take it at least two days out and consume only liquid calories from when you take it until the weigh in.
>>
>>38862860
And to answer original question, never used psyllium husk so don't know about it. I never had problems shitting, apart from nearly passing out on the toilet on weigh in day one time.
>>
>>38862860
>Wearing flag as bikini
Disgusting
>>
>>38863420
Thanks man. I do need some electrolytes - been cramping up a storm.

Coaches weren't sure about a fiber supplement.

>>38863479
Yeah, so far shitting hasn't been a problem. Just worried I might. Definitely don't want to pass out while on the pot though, lol.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 750x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 750x746px
>>38863606
Forgot tna...
>>
File: IMG_1775.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1775.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>38863606
Yeah it's pretty fucked. If you cut for a few fights and hate it then move up a weight class or two and just turn up to your weigh-in eating an ice cream or some shit.

Took a corporate fight when I was about to go pro (you know those 12 week challenges that a lot of white collar workers do, train for a bit and have an exhibition fight with a proper fighter) Old mate turned up lean as, he'd dropped a heap of weight and was trying to look all scary at the weigh in. I rocked up at my walkaround weight eating a king sized cherry ripe and he looked like he was about to cry. Probably hadn't eaten a gram of carbs in a month the poor bastard
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.