[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 47

File: download.png (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 284x177px
I need your help guys.
>be me
>uni student studying music performance (only god can judge me)
>picking up instrument to take home at end of the day
>qt3.14 is there at same time
>sits next to me in class
>says "Wow anan, you got so tall. I was standing right next to you and I didn't even know it was you"
>think, "oh shit here's my opening"
>say "you sound just like my relatives"
>she laughs
>oh shit i'm in.
>remember I have autism
>to make sure I don't leak the 'tism i say "well, see ya later"
>Walk away
>see in reflection of door glass that she's walking in the same direction as me
>walk faster
>take an alternate route to car
>tfw I realize she might've been into me
>tfw she saw me speed up walking away
so how salvagable is this situation, and what's my next move?

Also, QTDDTOT Thread
>>
>>38862813
no, not only muscle, just overall weight
~15-20% of my weight gains is fat

also pls respond >>38862291
>>
>>38863057
Bulk to 15%
Cut to 10%
No exceptions
>>
>>38863073
what if i'm only in it for strength, and as long as i'm not fat i don't care about aesthetics?
>>
Okay, so for the next couple months I'm completely without a gym. All I'll have is dumbbells that weigh 10, 15, and 20 pounds, but I'm still somewhat of a beginner so the weight probably isn't an issue.

I've been looking for dumbbell workouts I can do and I think I found one I like, but I wanted to get some other opinions on it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm

I figured I'd do it three times a week. I know it's not high weight but right now I'm going for fat loss/aesthetics so I assumed it would work for what I'm trying to do.
>>
>>38862445
did you get her number? If not, try to get it from her next time you see her. Don't outright ask for it, open with conversation, get it when you leave.

If she won't give you her number, you're fucked.
>>
>>38863151
You'll pass a 20 pound dumbbell within a month, you're fucked.

If you're focusing on weight loss, prioritize your diet and cardio. Those dinky-ass dumbells are going to do basically nothing.
>>
File: 1474092211401.jpg (61KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474092211401.jpg
61KB, 480x480px
>>38862445
Chill bro. She probably chalked it up as a bad day. You didn't sperg out, so it wasn't a memorable event, and she's probably forgotten by now. Just make sure you say hi next time you see her.
Also:
Brehs, I have 2 "accessory" lifts I allow myself each day, after my compounds (any more is too much, since I'm cutting) and I work out thrice a week. I want to incorporate more tri, bi and trap work. How do I fit in in? I was thinking:

>Monday
Trap and tri
>Wednesday
Tri and bi
>Friday
Trap and bi.

Thoughts?

Also, what exercises are good for gaining mass for those 3 muscles?
>>
>>38863151
Why not do a bodyweight workout, and use the dumbbells for accessory shit? One of the few times I'll recommend the shithole know as reddit: /r/bodyweightfitness
>>
>>38862445

Can I get a form check for my squat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0HSsT2GkJ0

This vid is a check for my thigh angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilELpiF8QD4

This one is to check my buttwink. Am I looking okay? Sorry if my fat thighs and ass kinda make it hard to tell lol
>>
Just started working again and finally got some comfortable shoes but everyday I finish a shift my knees hurt so fucking bad and I have never usually had those problems.

Any way to relive this pain?
>>
Decided to take a break from weight lifting and just give body weight a try.

I'm still doing a beginners BW routine, but I already like the upper body results I'm getting.
However, I feel like I'm progressing so quickly with lower body exercises that I might as well just go back to doing heavy squats and just keep building lower body and core strength that way.
Plus, my OHP was always relatively my strongest lift, so I don't know if I'm wasting time trying to teach myself to hand stand rather than just focusing on what I was doing.

So my question is this:
To combine the two, would this be a good routine, or would it be foolish?

A: Squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chinups 3x10
Dips 3x10
Pushups 3x10
Inverted rows 3x10

B: Deadlifts 1x5
OHP 3x5
Chinups 3x10
Dips 3x10
Pushups 3x10
Inverted Rows 3x10

AxBxAxx
>>
differences between hex bar and barbell deadlifts?
>>
>>38863790
Would a bodyweight exercise really be better than dumbbells? I feel like the dumbbells would work better, at least for the start.
>>
>>38863907
Ya if he can't do a pushup, other than that nope
>>
Is this correct? If so how is rice so fucking calorie dense?
>>
Just started going to the gym and have DOMS. Even after my rest day my muscles are still sore.

Should I give myself extra time to rest or continue going?
>>
I've been doing EZ bar curls 3x10 3 times a week and have basically failed at the 10th of the 3 rd set for a week straight.

Today I noticed I was "kicking" my left elbow out on my last few reps. When I tried to keep my elbow in, I failed at 7 on my last set.

I'm currently at 65 pounds, should I deload to 60 to correct my form for a week or two?
>>
>>38863885
Mass is closer to your centerline, using more quad and slightly less glute/ham. Also don't have to hitch around your knees. Use barbell if you compete, but there is little reason to not use hex bar deads if one is available.
>>
>>38863815
Kinda hard to tell from this angle. Probably easiest if you took one from the side.

The second video kind of indicates a wink, from what I can tell.

Also you seem to be leaning a little.. forward. It looks weird to me.
>>
>>38864016
Not sure why you're doing so many curls but to answer your question, yeah, deload to correct form.

Form > weight. Don't waste your time and risk injuries by egolifting.
>>
>>38864015
If it's really bad, then give it a day if you really want. I'm assuming it's actually painful, rather than the soreness sensation.

If it's just the fun DOMS, get back in the gym.
>>
>>38863963
Kek, not even remotely. Just check the nutrition facts you dunce.
>>
>>38864024
how should I incorporate the hex bar in a program like SS or SL?
>>
>>38862445
i recently got sick with the flu and missed 2 lifting sessions (im running madcow 5x5)

should i pick up where i left off or redo the whole program?

i was only 1 week into madcow when i got sick
>>
>>38864028
I lean forward just while I'm under the load to get ready for the squat, having it straight vertical would make it slide right off my back.

Yeah I noticed I do wink but I don't think that I wink into lumbar flexion so I think I'm alright but I wanted to get some opinions. I'll probably film another set from straight horizontal next time I get a chance.
>>
>>38864097
There's no reason to on such a simple routine
>>
>>38864117
if you were only one week in, very likely you lost any gains. Just do what you can and accept it, no use crying over it.
>>
I'm new to this stuff and i was wondering which machines are used for which excercises, like for example a pull up bar is used for weighted chin ups.
>>
>>38864061
>Not sure why you're doing so many curls

I'm on the 3x8 to 10 meme still (only been going to the gym since mid-April). It's done well to take me out of Skelly mode to almost Otter mode so far so I keep using it.

I admit doing bicep curls and skullcrushers (both 3x10) isolations for Vanity purposes (went from 10.5 inch arms to 13+ with them so far).

Could you suggest something better? If I'm overdoing it/wasting time, I'd gladly change-up my routine.

(thanks for your answer btw)
>>
>>38864134
Use barbells, not machines son
>>
>>38864015
Just go lift. Lifting will fix DOMS better than anything. Maybe warm up with some light cardio beforehand to get loosened up.
After a week or two of consistent lifting you'll stop getting DOMS.
>>
>>38864024

The main reason not to use the hex bar - at least as a major movement - is that its basically redundant with squatting. The pull ends up being a high squat rather than having any real emphasis on the hip hinge .
>>
>>38864134
What the fuck
>>
looking for some stuff to add on to SS, what should I do?
>>
>>38863907
If all you have is 20lb db's, then yeah. Definitely use them, especially for curls, but with bodyweigjt you can at least do some form of fullbody.

Then again, I'm dyel, so make your own call. Worth looking into, though.
>>
>>38864185
Why do you want to SS?

What does the book say?

Are you progressing on your current lifts?

What are your stats?
>>
>>38864224
>Why do you want to SS?
Why do you want to change SS*
>>
>>38864139
Well, depending on your goals, you're probably fine desu.

If you aren't worried about lifting heavier on compound lifts or anything (bench, OHP, pulldowns or chins), you're fine doing your isolations. Just be aware that working so many isolations will most likely hinder your big lifts that target larger groups of muscle. Just eat enough, really. You'll be fine.

At worst you're just taking a slightly longer route to where you're wanting to be but getting different results at a different time (bigger arms faster). Just keep doin' what you're doin'.
>>
I tend to get a night or two each month with little or no sleep. I'm also feeling quite nauseous and sick. Will this affect my gains? Should I postpone any activity until say Thursday or Friday?
>>
>>38864224
>>38864234
>Why do you want to change SS?
Because it's simplistic and I want to add some accessories. I'm cutting anyhow so I don't want to rush into my turnaround when I reach goal weight with a bunch of accessories at 0.

>What does the book say?
I can't afford it right now.

>Are you progressing on your current lifts?
I'm cutting, but yeah, every week and a half or so I go up on one or two of my lifts. Still trying to fix my bench press

>What are your stats?
Squat 3x5 - 185lb
Bench 3x5 - 115lb (I know, I know)
Deadlift 1x5 - 235lb
OHP 3x5 - 80lb
Powerclean 5x3 - 95lb
Skullcrushers 3x5 - 60lb
>>
>>38864247
Right on, thanks man.
>>
>>38862445
/fit/ send help

where do I buy condoms and lube. I got a gf but I'm still a complete nervous fucking wreck and autist

1. lift (did this for 6 months)
2. be urself (check)

I've gotten blowjobs and handjobs from her before, but we can't sex until I get condoms and lube.
>>
>>38864249
Not getting proper sleep will negatively affect gains. Also if you're sick you shouldn't lift, rest and recover until you feel better.
>>
>>38864254
Download the book.

If you are going to change the program, swap to one that more closely aligns with your goals. Don't bastardise an existing routine with no knowledge of what you are doing.

Also, there is nothing wrong with simple, I don't understand why people need to complicate lifting so much.

Your weak as shit, you should be progressing session to session and you really don't need to be bloating the program.
>>
>>38864270
>where do I buy condoms and lube.
Walmart, CVS, Kroger, Safeway, K-mart, 7-11, fucking quicktrip. Literally any place that sells convenience items
>>
>>38863834
Anyone?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>>
>>38864321
What do you work in? Have you tried those insert pads?
Worst case scenario, save up for the doctor anon.
>>
>>38864365
I work at Starbucks
>>
>>38863815
Can anyone give input?
>>
>>38864375
Definitely see a doctor or check with someone to see that you're doing correct form.
Starbucks should not cause knee pain unless you got an illness. Foot blisters? That's normal, but not knee pain.
>>
>>38864384

Not really. You picked a pair of filming angles where its basically impossible to get a good look at whats actually going on. If you want a serious check (or at least as serious as you're going to get from a bunch of randoms based on a single set) you want a side-angle view at roughly hip height. Preferably one where you aren't wearing striped shorts.
>>
Best exercises for glutes? I mainly just do Bulgarian squats, farmer's walk with heavy barbels, leg press and straight-leg dead lifts. Feels like those are the best ones for glutes. I don't squat cause I feel like those squat variations are way better. Anything else I should add there? I just mainly do those heavy lifts instead of some peeing-dog-exercises.

I really wanna maximize my glute gains. Also, how many reps should I do? I usually do 6-10.
>>
>>38864404
What to wear when squatting?
>>
>>38864541

Anything that doesn't hinder movement is usually good enough. The stripes are just an issue for judging depth because they mess with being able to see what's going on.
>>
How do i into psmf?
What is the protocol for this besides "just eat meat, bro"
I should suppliment nutrients, right?
Are vegetables allowed?
How much fat is acceptable if eating a meat?
How many carbs are acceptable if drinking a whey?

I really want to cut the last stubborn pounds off, and this seems like a good way to "force" them off.
I also don't want to lose musculature or malnutrition myself...
>>
>>38864416
Hip thrust
>>
>>38862445
I get a sharp pins and needles sensation in the top of my left thigh when I do bulgarian split squats. It only comes in after doing about 5/6 reps, but it makes it really fucking uncomfortable to keep going. Can high/low squat just fine, box jumps are fine, I do plenty of cardio.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?
>>
>>38864577
Hip Drahve*
>>
I'm pretty new to lifting, following the Stronglift 5x5 for the last month or so and am seeing great improvements (I was just benching, squatting, deadlifting before that 3x5).

Problem is I don't have a squat rack (home gym) and probably won't be able to get one for another 4-5 weeks because I'm poor. I'm only squatting 110lb at the moment, and while I know I can progress further with my squats, I'm struggling to lift the barbell up to my chest these days and it's resulted in some injuries to my shoulders.

Are there effective ways of doing squats without a squat rack until then or should I just stick to my most injury free weight until I buy one? I only really have a bench press but I'm slowly improving my equipment.

I'm just worried because I'm now benching and deadlifting 145lb and know I can improve a lot more over 4-5 weeks and don't want to become all disproportionate.
>>
>>38864614
No nigger, hip thrust.
Squats are for legs
>>
>>38864636
Hip thrust until you get a squat rack
>>
Okay. Should I bulk if I have, squareish chest and I'm skinny fat? Just keep putting on muscle ? What food would you guys suggest to eat to hit around 2300 calories
>>
>>38864694
Never bulk above 15%
Try lifting
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U
>>
>>38864694
You hear me you fucking faggots? A-B-B. A-Always, B-Be, B-Bulking. Always be bulking. ALWAYS BE BULKING.
>>
>>38864693
That's literally perfect for me. Sorry, I barely know any lifts besides the major compounds

cheers brah.
>>
File: 1471380660990.gif (1MB, 314x172px) Image search: [Google]
1471380660990.gif
1MB, 314x172px
Newfag here.

I've been lifting for a month at this point. My lifts have all improved and I've noticed muscle growth, but my weight has decreased. Is not gaining weight bad? Is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time or am I not eating enough?
>>
>>38864749
A pound of fat takes up much more area than a pound of muscle.

You might not notice losing a pound of fat as much as you might notice gaining a half pound of muscle.
>>
>>38864729
>A-Always, B-Be, B-Bulking
Y-you t-too
>>
>>38864780

I guess I should have typed it as: "A! Always! B! Be! B! Bulking!"
>>
File: 1474866399089.jpg (159KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
1474866399089.jpg
159KB, 740x746px
>>38862445
>Scrolling through /fit catalogs
>Gets raging boner (I'm in NoFap)
>Is it homo or str8? I think it's mostly str8 but there is a gratuitous amount of gay pics mixed in with it,because it's a really gay img board. I welcome it.
>Is it gay?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (222KB, 1280x1565px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
222KB, 1280x1565px
So I tried to get a Power Rack for my home gym but literally every option was shit. My country fucking sucks.

Not like mildly bad, like legit "Fuck I cannot live with this" bullshit.

Anyway, I found a vendor that sells and makes Squat Racks that look solid, pic related. And asked them to put the squat safeties at 80 cm instead of the 60 cm they use normally. I'm 6'1 so even ass to grass the bar is still at around 85-90cm of height.

My workout bench is at 50 cm, so there's gonna be 30 cm for my body to go between the bar and the bench.

How likely am I to decapitate myself with this shit?
>>
>>38864720
In the video the guy said that intermediate body builders would get fat from a bulk because of less growth potential. I barely have months in the gym , so how is a bulk bad for someone who skinny fat? On top of that doing ss, wouldn't a cut make me weaker?
>>
File: 1470602995401.jpg (29KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
1470602995401.jpg
29KB, 446x357px
>>38864830
uhhh. U see those notches? U rack it there budd. The lower side panels is a rack pull start point where you do partial deadies.
>>
>>38864858
No yeah I can totally rack it safely. I'm just concerned that if I fail when trying a PR and reracking it's gonna fall in my forehead and my brains are gonna hit the floor or some shit like that.
>>
>>38864868
got ya.
>Yeah we short people can usually break into a dodge roll or evasive crouch if we are on a muscle failure.
>>
>>38864813
Y! You! T! Too!
>>
Anyone know any good exercises for chest development besides bench and flyes?
>>
>>38864981
Incline Dumbell Bench Press
>>
>>38864998
>says no bench
>incline bench

>>38864981
Resistance push-ups maybe?

Dunno never tried them, dips can work too but that's arguably more triceps
>>
File: 1454701826714.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1454701826714.gif
2MB, 400x225px
So what do I do if I can't do any pullups? Should I use the lat pull down machine until then or is there a better way?
>>
>>38865037
Negatives, resistance band, assisted pullup machine.
>>
>>38865037
Pretty much. Just get one of those doorframe pullup bars, they are like 10 bucks.
>>
File: illuminati-pyramid.jpg (92KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
illuminati-pyramid.jpg
92KB, 600x609px
>>38862445
>When will /fit start it's own cult?
I've been coming here for a couple years now and this board already has it's own ideologies which are, believe it or not very countercultural such as:
>Fat hate
>It's own unique homo errorticism
>Peer reviews
>Man to man advice giving. Not to say it's all men, but cults and secret societies typically have an all male motif.
>Anonomys, which is highly countercultural.
>Rampant irreverence toward women, which is a lost wisdom.
So /fit when will we get our own /fitizen youtube channel that binds it all together with routine increments. Also "the sticky" is not really doing it for me. It should be concrete /fit euphemisms.
>>
>>38865065
Are we not already a cult?

Don't we all wear the same lifting shoes from the same cobbler?

Do we not worship a False God?

Are we not already in a "compound" where we only speak to each other?
>>
>>38865065
>If i'm not mistaken there's been a lot of /pol youtube channels that focus specifically on that target audience that get semi-internet famous.
>If you did a similar business model with an actual return of net gain and followed through and wasn't a nigger about it you could be somewhat successful.
>Cult means youtube following. Pretty much the same.
>>
>>38865094
>Pretty much.
There should be a branching out of networking though. We should spread our agenda through the appendages of tier-2 youtube media.
>>
File: 654364354363425.png (233KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
654364354363425.png
233KB, 300x354px
Is it acceptable to compliment a married woman?
>>
>>38865133
Only after cumming on her face.
>>
>>38865133
>>38864818
STOP posting that shitty smiling M&M meme.
>>
I work from 6pm to 6and as a cnc operator, and am planning on going to the gym after work. Figured I'd start on SS. I've read the sticky many times. Can I go ahead and just jump in there,or should there be any prior preparation before going to the gym for the first time?
>>
>>38865240
Download and read the SS book. I don't see the point in committing to a routine for 6 months without putting 2 nights in reading the source material. I personally prefer Strong Lifts to SS aswell.

Regarding your first day at the gym. Just remember water and a towel, wear flat shoes and clothes that breathe. Nobody gives a shit about you so don't think people are judging you at all, also don't judge others.

Be realistic about your goals too, you ain't going to be jacked in 6 months.
>>
Is it easier for a fat person to lose weight? Or a skinny person to gain weight?
>>
Is keto a meme? I need to lose 40 lbs by january for something specific and I am 255 lbs at 6'1"
>>
>>38865293
Both have to change their eating habits and lifestyle. So it's essentially the same.
>>
>>38865296
>Is keto a meme? I need to lose 40 lbs by january for something specific and I am 255 lbs at 6'1"
It's not a magic bullet and you shouldn't be looking for one.

40 lbs ~= 40 weeks.

Granted you are pretty damn fat you could shoot at 20 weeks (which is a -1000 deficit). You still won't be at your goal come January.

Don't let that discourage you though, start now.
>>
Where is the best place online to buy protein?
>>
>>38865327
So according to this site I can reach it by eating 1500 calories a day because it takes like 3.3k to maintain my current weight

https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/
>>
>>38865353
You won't, because you will fail.

Fatties always sit down and plan out completely achievable goals and give up 1 week in.

Be realistic.
>>
>>38862445
>I work at a candy factory
>I can't control my hunger

jfmsu famlay
>>
>>38865375
I already lost 20 lbs since june just fucking around not knowing what i was doing and still eating popeyes 3 times a week
>>
My knees hurt after a couple minutes into cardio, dulls down after about 5 minutes but is it something i should be concerned for?
>>
a few questions
1. I'd like to program cleans in to GSLP. would it be more appropriate to just keep them on the deadlift day, or have them alternating along with OHP/Chinups?

2. my shoes are not appropriate for weightlifting. I was thinking about just getting some cheap converse ones, but I figure I'm probably just going to get good WL shoes eventually anyways, so I may as well just get them now. I like the appearance and price of the Adidas Powerlift 3.0, would these be a good purchase? seems like they have almost universally positive feedback, and $90 isn't that bad of a price to me.
>>
Should i do incline or flat bench to get a bigger chest, and is it 1 gram of protein per kg of body weight or lb of body weight?
>>
>>38865594
Don't do high impact stuff like run on roads. Swimming > running for example and if you must run do it on grass.
>>
>>38862445
just act like it was a joke tardo
>>
>>38862445
I have a similar problem with a girl that's in one of my classes and goes to my gym, she tries to make small talk with me at the gym but I usually bail so I dont say anything autistic

Can someone please help an autist like myself
>>
>>38865852
Fuck, man. If she's into you already then you have it so easy
Just talk to her a bit more then ask her out.
>but I'll just fuck it up
You have to learn how to do it at some point
>>
>>38865897
Alright I guess I'll try, it's just hard for me to find something to talk about the first time around
>>
I've gotten a taste for Diet Pepsi. Is it okay to have a few cans a week?
>>
>>38866012
Personally I avoid all sodas because I want to protect my teeth. Just know that diet drinks are also known to increase your appetite to eat sweeter things more often. If you have enough willpower to just drink the Pepsi and stay away from excess sweets then I figure you could have a couple cans a week.
>>
>>38866093
It's true, but honestly I have a sweet tooth anyhow that I've never been able to kick, even with weeks dedicated to no additional sugars. Weight loss is going fine so I figure it shouldn't be an issue.

Plus cheat day is Wednesday so I can indulge myself then and get any temptations out of the way.
>>
>>38865852

> I usually bail so I dont say anything autistic

This is quite easy. Just talk about your classes, then mention some social thing you're going to later, even if it's something lame like a movie night. Hopefully she will say "lol I'm going too I'll see you there"
>>
File: bizarro-world.jpg (83KB, 490x358px) Image search: [Google]
bizarro-world.jpg
83KB, 490x358px
>>38866012
>>38866113
>U must. MUST avoid sugars. Not sure why they allow inhumane amounts of added sugars to the american diet. Soda is the opposite of protein. Protein causes hypertrophe and muscle synthesis whereas sugar is degenerative to your very brain and puts your body into fat storage mode.
>The mental effects of sugar really seem counter productive to the focus of weightlifting in terms of confidence, willpower, and mind-body connection.
>>
>>38866164
kek what are you on about
>>
>>38866113
>cheat day
Never gonna make it
>>
>>38866113
>cheat day
Never gonna make it.
>>
File: 1359593647675.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1359593647675.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>38866231
>>38866238
I'm already making it you nignog. I'm down 30 pounds from 205 since May, had a cheat day every month.

get fucked.
>>
File: IMG_20160927_083112.jpg (169KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160927_083112.jpg
169KB, 720x1280px
Can I get a bf estimate, I'm 181cm 59.4 kg
>>
File: 1684752312025.png (24KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1684752312025.png
24KB, 420x420px
>>38866567
THOSE HIPS

mmm I could put a baby in them

I'm guessing 8-9%, you're looking pretty goddamn thin friendo.

And shit damn those are some child-bearing hips.
>>
>>38866567
i can still see your face anon. Make sure you have the opacity set to maximum next time.
>>
>be me
>go hard on squats
>feel dat burn
>go home satisfied with a tough workout
>rest day got the DOMS but not too bad
>next day back in the gym
>try to squat
>quads rip in half and i fall sobbing to the ground

Ok my quads didn't rip, there was no actual tear or injury, just crippling pain. Do i need to take an extra day off or is this the kind of pain I should push through?
>>
>>38863679
He should probably ask for a snapchat instead. That's way more chill.
>>
>>38866634
you can get both if you have the person's number.
>>
>>38866567
thank mr skeltal
>>
>>38866624
DOMS is soreness, NOT pain. Any and all pain is an immediate sign to stop what you're doing and put down the barbell. Very possible you pulled or tore a muscle, I'd stay off it for a week or two. See a doctor if it's really bad.
>>
is there a way to fix/hide wide hips?
>>
>>38866810
I hear getting fucked helps them calm down.
>>
File: 1474697975431.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1474697975431.png
74KB, 412x351px
Tfw been sick as shit for the past 3 days
I'm also cutting,and still go the gym
but feel so weak and my workout feels bad.
Should I stop cutting or gym
I don't want lose my gains or progress
what do?
>>
>>38864270
Literally fucking anywhere
>>
>>38867063
If you're sick then don't go to the gym. Stay at home and get better. You aren't doing yourself (or anyone else to goes to the same gym) any favors by going to the gym sick. Jesus Christ, frog, get yourself together.
>>
Decided to substitute weighted push-ups for bench presses while I save up for a bench.
I'm currently at +100 lbs @ 130 bw. Anyone know a rough estimate of the bench equivalent for that?
I've just been assuming around 50% bw + plates for now, based off some quick googling.
>>
How smooth should my daily max whilst squatting every day?

How do I incorporate bench in this?
>>
>>38867441
Try band pushups maybe
>>
Need help: I'm a male stripper in sydney and I've been getting all my supplies from a mate, pants, thongs, occasional costime but he's gone to europe now and need costumes, any sydney bros know a store in sydney or even one online?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
just noticed all these red dots on my leg, what are they?
>>
File: 1st.png (3MB, 2304x768px) Image search: [Google]
1st.png
3MB, 2304x768px
>>38862445
1st and 2nd attempts at cooking rolled oats. How am I doing /fit/? Any good?
>>
>>38864981
Flyes are shit desu

Best chest development exercise is more bench. Dips to failure are decent as well.
>>
>>38866567
Just bulk and lift. You look shit and have no lean mass worth considering.
>>
>>38867962
Aids or cancer
>>
File: P1.jpg (375KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1.jpg
375KB, 1600x1200px
>>38862445
Are pushups aimed only on the chest? What other areas of the body get worked while doing a pushup?

pic not related
>>
File: 14474708259127.gif (553KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
14474708259127.gif
553KB, 500x278px
What anime does /fit/ watch for mad gains?
>>
Is the monster meme over?
>>
File: yang-620x.jpg (21KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
yang-620x.jpg
21KB, 620x350px
I'm getting back pains, perhaps due to deadlifting. I find that sitting in a meditative position (cross legged, butt on a pillow, straight back) for 5 minutes causes me significant discomfort in my back, even pain.

Should I see a doctor? Will this pass?
>>
File: IMG-20160927-WA0001.jpg (308KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160927-WA0001.jpg
308KB, 1520x2688px
Is boron a meme supplement?
>>
>>38868320
core
>>
>>38868769
Started kenichi mightiest disciple last night.
>>
File: 1446714029818.png (56KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1446714029818.png
56KB, 401x372px
How do you last longer in bed?

Might be getting it on with a qt in the near future but i haven't smashed in months. I want to have some repeat business, how do I last longer?
inb4 "jelqing" and "fap beforehand"
>>
>>38863815
activate core, push hips and chest forward until you're standing straight and maybe use a little less weight
>>
Peanut butter whilst cutting,yay or nay?
>>
File: 3456786754.jpg (45KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
3456786754.jpg
45KB, 500x423px
>>38868918
What made you buy boron? How does boron even help gains?
>>
Is squatting high bar supposed to hurt your traps? I squat low bar because of this.
>>
I have a personal home gym, so i can lift whenever i want.

Is it bad if i stretch out my routine across the entire day?
If i'm doing 3x5, can i watch a movie or something between sets?
>>
So i want to split my routine into twos since the doms aren't as bad as they were last time and i comfortably go every other day.
I want to fill the days with accessories but how should i split up my core lifts?
Squat, DL, OHP, Bench, Barbell rows

I need a bro split, should i just do upper/lower body?
Thanks.
>>
How is your pulse supposed to change while doing tabatas? I did the 10 minute warm up, proceeded by four intervals of 20s sprint followed by 10s rest (on a gym bike). Highest heartbeat was only 137.

I thought that since I hadn't been doing cardio for a long time, my heartbeat should go up much more. Should I try sprinting on track / am I not exerting enough effort during the bike sprint? Or do I need to run the full 8 intervals to get my heartbeat sufficiently high?
>>
File: cheatyleverages.jpg (123KB, 697x889px) Image search: [Google]
cheatyleverages.jpg
123KB, 697x889px
>>38869294
Do you know how I know you haven't been lifting long enough to understand anything about making your own program?
>>
>>38869463
Tip your /fit/dora and enlighten me.
>>
>>38869495
You've only just stopped having DOMS
You want a brosplit

What are your working weights for everything? Height, weight and bf%?
>>
Is it pointless to workout 2x a day? example. when working arms, they get tired in the morning after the workout doing curls or whatever. doing those last reps is hard. later in the day, I could do the 3 sets again. is it worth wild to hit them again?
>>
>>38869506
First day i started back up was last Wednesday, did only the barbell lifts I mentioned and didn't feel well enough to go until sunday but it got pushed off to last night.
I still feel doms but not to the extent that i will be out of the gym more than a day.

Never had an issue with bro splits in the past i just wasn't sure of a good way to break up the barbell work.

Squat was 155, bench 105, Dl 135, row 95, ohp 95. Im not in a huge hurry to get to my old liftd right at the start.
6'1, 190 lbs can't accurately give bf%
>>
>>38869553
you dont make gains during your workout, you make gains during rest
>>
>>38869580
DOMS isn't an indicator of anything except doing something new with a muscle group.

You almost certainly should be able to linearly progress on all of your lifts for several months. Run literally any beginners program, I like phrak's GSLP variant personally.

If you want to go to the gym every day, ad in a couple of days for cardio, rowing and cycling have been useful for improving my work capacity personally.

If you want to add accessories I'd recommend any of the following (after doing cardio, or after your main lifts, it's up to up you):
Bench:
Dumbbell press
Close grip bench
Paused bench

Squat
Front squats
Paused squats

Deadlift
Romanian deadlift
Deficit deadlift

OHP
Lateral raises
Dumbbell press

Other:
Hammer curls
Barbell curls
Pullups
Facepulls (for shoulder health mainly)

If you start stalling on any main lifts the first thing you do is cut back on accessory volume. You should be able to double all of your lifts with linear progression before needing to switch to an intermediate program.
>>
File: 20160926_082745.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160926_082745.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
What exercises should I be doing to work out thighs/glutes as a girl?
If I just cut, I'm only eating 1k calories a day which is miserable. Muscle burns more calories, hoping to cut once no longer don't have pancake butt.
>>
File: progress.png (71KB, 833x639px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
71KB, 833x639px
1. I feel like crap today, very tired and shaky, and can't stomach enough food (my usual 4400 seem unreachable today). Am I doing my warmups wrong?
For DL, I did
5x40 (kg)
5x40
5x50
3x60
2x70
5x80 <-- working set, equals 175 lbs, that's more than my bw finally.

2. I also had more than 20% form breakdown on OHP (arching back) which is a fail for two workouts in a row now, so I have to deload.
Is it possible to be much worse at OHP when everything else is progressing?
I was warming up like this
5x20
5x20
5x22.5
3x25
2x27.5
5x5x30 <-- 66 lbs
Is that too much warmup volume? Could that be the reason?
>>
>>38869661
Squats, front squats, deadlifts, romanian deadlift, possibly lunges.

Hip thrusts once you no longer make gains with deadlifts.

Because you're a gross grill you can probably withstand higher volume than most guys, so do like 6x6 set and rep schemes.

Do some pressing exercises too otherwise you'll have horrible skinny fat arms and probably get shoulder problems from the bar position in squats.

>>38869694
Do less warmups. I usually do 3 at most. Maybe 4 if I'm not feeling quite warmed up.
>>
>>38869660
Thanks
>>
I've gone from lifting three times a week for a few weeks to lifting five times a week with a mate of mine. I'm a beginning lifter, can this be harmful, or even not efficient? We obviously train a different muscle group every day.
>>
>>38869705
I'm >>38869694

Thanks. Guess I will reduce warm up for exercises other than the Squat then. I guess only the working sets cause progress and warmup sets are not relevant for strength and muscle gains?
>>
Help /fit/

Some fuckface tried to kiss my girl. She called me and let me know and told me not to do anything because she still has some teamwork from school with this dude. She said of he tried anything again she would let me know and then I can do as I please. Should I beat his ass now or should I wait? Theres a strong chance I'll see him in public sometime
>>
>>38867962
Might be an allergy, i got a sulphite allergy and it presents itself in red spots on legs/arms, way worse than this. But it's probably just some irritation or w/e
>>
File: 123123123.gif (91KB, 391x594px) Image search: [Google]
123123123.gif
91KB, 391x594px
Ite, I need help with calories.

So I am currently 188lb at 6'1. I am currently eating 2,000 calories and 170g protein a day. I am trying to cut down to see my abs as I am carrying some body fat.

I was reading online I should be eating around 3,000 calories a day but this seems a little steep? At 188lb I can't really see my abs.

What should I do? Keep cutting or up my calories?
>>
Hey /fit/ I'm here looking for someone who posts on this forum occasionally. The dude is jacked and is usually called "Filip" or something. Can anyone help identify him? I want his stats/routine.
>>
File: Pic.jpg (43KB, 405x611px) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
43KB, 405x611px
>>38869998
Higher quality picture.
>>
File: 1466751483428.jpg (20KB, 545x377px) Image search: [Google]
1466751483428.jpg
20KB, 545x377px
I get a massive headache, stemming from the back of my head, only when flat benching. I figured it's because theres a lot of pressure in that area when doing said lift, but I can't figure a way to make it stop. Already tried looking through forums and shit, but nothing is giving me a straight answer. Help me lads.
>>
>>38869998
>What should I do? Keep cutting or up my calories?
you could go either way. Seeing as you want to see your abs (like a faggot), keep on cutting

>>38869853
confront him on sight. Don't have to fight him necessarily, but let him know what's up

>>38869801
sounds like you're not on an actual routine, which is not efficient.
>>
>>38869813
More or less. Warm ups are for muscle activation, you should not be fatigued it anyway at the end of your warm up sets.

>>38870022
Are you tracking your weight loss?

Weigh yourself at the same time every day, track a 5 day moving average to judge how fast you are losing.

Also get some calipers and measure you bf%
>>
>>38870062
>you could go either way. Seeing as you want to see your abs (like a faggot), keep on cutting

Thanks man!
>>
>>38869801
Do a proper program.

You should be benching at least twice a week, squatting at least 3 times, dead lift at least once (I recommend twice) and OHP when ever you're in the gym and not benching.

Basically, just do GSLP
>>
>>38870066
Yeah, I have lost 6lb's in 4 weeks, So around 1.5lb a week on a 2,000 calorie/ day diet.
>>
>>38870111
Cutting it obviously working then, give it time.

Double your bench volume too, your chest looks out of proportion
>>
got my blood tested last week, 230 ng/dl test and i'm 19 years old! considering the average is 650 or so with a standard deviation of about 150-200, that's pretty low for the time when you're test is supposed to be near peak.

went to my gp, he says he wants me to get my blood done another time and if the results are as bad or worse, he'll refer me to an endocrinologist, who can get me started on test.

now when i got my blood taken the first time, it was on a monday, 9 o clock, slept plenty the night before and didn't drink. i'm just afraid of a fluctuation bumping me up slightly this time and then he won't refer me.

so, finally, my question: what can i do to crash my test levels? sleep little, drink a lot the day before, but what else?
>>
New to lifting. At what point should I start adding supps like creatine? Only once I stop progressing?
>>
>>38870426
personally, I think you should start using creatine now. There's no reason not to. But you could wait until the workouts become hard.
>>
>>38870017
Kek go back to /plg/ you memelord
>>
>>38870450
Well at least I'm pointed in a direction so thanks. I have no clue why a meme lord, just happen to like his aestetic so I want to know what he did to get it/how strong he is now.
>>
Which mode is this please?
Asking for a friend and the CBT is dead
5'7
154lbs
>>
>>38870493
skinnyfat manlet cropped too tight to tell what kind of mode mode.
>>
>>38868269
it's looking alright... I see you like your oats chewy :)
>>
File: routine.png (8KB, 155x348px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
8KB, 155x348px
Two questions

First, I've been cutting since about January. Lost almost 50 pounds. I'm 5'8, 170 pounds, eating 1700 calories a day. Ever since I started lifting and taking creatine for more then a month now, my weight has stayed about the same, maybe gained a pound. Could this be from creatine bloating and newb gains or am I fucking up my diet somewhere?

Also, I'm doing GSLP. Pic related is my routine. What are some accessories I could add to this, if any? That would be fantastic, thanks guys.
>>
>>38870543
a. diet controls your weight. You can't gain weight if you don't eat it, so lifting doesn't magically make you gain weight. It could be from creatine and water retention though. Most likely, it's diet

which muscles do you feel are underdeveloped or do you want to develop? Do accessories for those.
>>
>>38869329
p-pls respond guys
>>
>>38870476
If you mean bodorio, aka this guy https://www.instagram.com/filiplindstr/ aka the top swedish powerlifter in the 105 class, idk what his current routine is but i know he ran 13 sheiko cycles before so thats a good start i guess
>>
>>38870564
Gotcha. I suppose it's creatine because I've heard you can gain 3-7 pounds of water weight, considering I take 2 scoops a day along with the miniscule amount in my whey there could be some bloating there, because I haven't shifted my diet besides making room for the supplements.

As for the exercises, I want to work on my pectorals, traps, and core. Any recommendations?
>>
>>38870371
Continuing to be a beat faggot should be enough :)

>>38870543
If you want to add accessories I'd recommend any of the following (after doing cardio, or after your main lifts, it's up to up you):
Bench:
Dumbbell press
Close grip bench
Paused bench

Squat
Front squats
Paused squats

Deadlift
Romanian deadlift
Deficit deadlift

OHP
Lateral raises
Dumbbell press

Other:
Hammer curls
Barbell curls
Pullups
Facepulls (for shoulder health mainly)
>>
>>38862445
If she ask why you sped off tell her you were in a hurry to do something
>>
>>38870647
i can't keep up with these memes
>>
>>38870630
I doubt it's the creatine. When I started it, it didn't affect my weight at all. And you should be taking one scoop (5g) a day. No need to do more than that, loading is bullshit.

as for exercises, go to exrx
>>
>>38870677
Noted, also check'd. Appreciate the advice. Maybe the whey is throwing my diet off or something, some hidden calories I'm not seeing, I'll look into it. Thanks for the site info as well.
>>
>>38870505
Can you tell now?
What mode?
>>
>>38870599
That's the lad I'm looking for. I honestly didn't realize he was elite though...thanks a lot for the help.
>>
>>38870743
dyel faggot manlet mode
>>
>>38870647
Thanks, I'll probably add some lat raises and barbell curls, nothing fancy but it does the job.
>>
How can i improve my squat on a smith machine and free weight bar bell? I alternate between the both depending if i work out at hime or gym. My back usually hurts a bit and my knees hurt. I could swear my form is good.
>>
>>38870790
>My back usually hurts a bit and my knees hurt.
>I could swear my form is good.
yeah, nah.

Don't use a smith machine. Have someone check your form or record yourself and check your form. If your knees hurt, you're probably traveling forward too much or your feet aren't pointed at an angle. Your back shouldn't hurt at all and your knees only hurt if you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>38870790
Don't use the smith machine for squatting, it may be the reason your back and knees hurt. It makes using correct form with barbell centered over midfoot virtually impossible without getting into an extremely awkward, mechanically disadvantageous position that puts a lot of stress and shear force on your knees and stress on your back.
>>
>>38870790
Lower the weights and focus on forms
If it still hurts with lighter weights and good form, go see a doctor
>>
>>38870518
>I see you like your oats chewy :)
I don't know any better. I don't even know how to make them chewy or even how to tell if they're cooked or not.
>>
>>38863783
skullcrushers and tricep kickbacks
shit load of shrugs
>>
What caloriedense food should I use to replace milk? It's giving me minor gyno. Or should I justrun with it and hope gyno ceases when I cut?
I consume round 1000kcal milk a day
6" 72kg atm bulked up 7kg in the last 4 months
>>
>>38869705
Apartment gym doesn't have squat rack or any kind of bars, are dumbbell squats fine as a replacement? I know you can fake it with front squat, but what about back squat?
Also, what kind of pressing exercises are you talking about? Just anything bicep/arm heavy?
>>
>>38870919
milk isn't giving you gyno
>>
>>38870937
T-then what is?
>>
>>38871039
your parents gave you gyno and you putting on weight brings it out.
>>
>>38871039

Probably just had it from being fat, hormones imbalanced, medication or just genetics.

I got my gyno just from being a bit fat during puberty.
>>
>>38871054
>got
So it didnt go away?
Fuck...
>>
>>38871090

Nope, 26 now and have 2 small gyno lumps under my nipples. It's noticeable when it's warm but when my nips are hard you can't really tell.
>>
File: PSSkills.jpg (252KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
PSSkills.jpg
252KB, 900x600px
This is how I currently look (sorry /fit/). What weight do you think I'll start looking decent at? I work out 4x per week doing a sort of a brosplit with heavy compounds and trying to stay at around 1750-1800kcal/day. Most days I'm not able to hit 1800 (used to eating shitty foods, healthy foods are so much more filling).
>>
>>38862445
pls explain the volume meme. We have reps for a certain amount of weight. Whats the volume for?
>>
>>38871110
you'll start looking "normal" around 210-220lbs. "Decent" at 190-210 and anorexic lower under 180.

>Most days I'm not able to hit 1800
does this mean you eat under or you eat over?

>>38871112
volume = sets x reps weight
example
bench 185 for 3 sets with 5 reps
3x5x185=2,775
>>
If I eat something sugary, like, say, a small piece of chocolate, that will increase my blood insulin, right? And insulin being anabolic, that will help with muscle grow, right?

So it's actually beneficial to eat a small chocolate (like 1/4 a kitkat) after I work out, is it not?

Am I being 100% retarded here?
>>
>>38871183
doesn't really work that way.
>>
>>38871183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSt7aWaVqE
>>
Pretty sure its just me being sore and having not slept well, but I'm nervous about my potential gains. My workout schedule is ABCabc with a rest day thrown in where I see fit, and I haven't taken a rest day since before my last deadlift/back day. So dead lifting 2 days later, I am struggling with my 3X5. Is this normal?
>>
>>38871153 I eat under. Yesterday I ate ~1600kcal (around 100g protein), today I ate 1200kcal and will probably eat ~150g lentils and a couple of boiled eggs, so that will put me at 1600kcal at most again.
>>
>>38870811
>>38870819
>>38870826
Thanks for the replies. Ill avoid smith from now on and work on my form!
>>
>>38871257
under isn't that much of a huge deal. Technically you can make up the calories the next day if you want, but being under is not a huge issue especially if your goal is to lose weight.
>>
im building my home gym, how much is a normal olympic bar supposed to cost? the 7 feet 45 lb ones, I see prices all over the place for it
>>
>>38871299
depends on the quality. You get what you pay for.
>>
File: 1457705914842.jpg (106KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1457705914842.jpg
106KB, 640x640px
Are weighted dips, skullcrushers and tricep kickbacks enough to hit all three tricep heads and get full development?
>>
>>38871335
"sure"

thank you for the fat nat
>>
All 5x5 (SL), current stats are:

30kg OHP
42.5kg Bench Press
70kg Squat
80kg Deadlift

Goals by end of the year:

40KG OHP
60KG Bench Press
100KG Squat
120KG Deadlift

You lads reckon I can hit these numbers by December/early January? Is this viable or am I aiming too high? Started with the bar on all lifts except deadlift (40kg), just wanna know what everyone thinks
>>
File: IMAG1231.jpg (778KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1231.jpg
778KB, 1520x2688px
Bodyfat estimate?
>>
>>38871335
I'd say weighted dips alone are enough given you're benching and overhead pressing regularly, but sure, for maximal development throw in some skullcrushers and kickbacks if you want, although you'd probably benefit more from cable pulldowns with the full stretch reflex over kickbacks.
>>
>>38871397
hard to tell from that shitty pic but above 15% but not higher than 20%
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>>38871374
Idk you tell us.

Don't drink, get good rest, eat we, do light to moderate cario at least twice a week and that's entirely feasible.

I have a personal bias towards slowly accumucating more volume for variations of the lifts as secondary exercise, but I've also ran the same program as is an made very similar gains, go for it deede
>>
File: deadlift_main.jpg (89KB, 666x443px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift_main.jpg
89KB, 666x443px
Is a certain amount of lower back soreness normal after deadlifts, or does it mean there's an issue with my form? No matter how hard I try to keep my back straight, I can feel the strain in my lower spine when I DL.
>>
anyone know if Dhacks are still around or someone else where you can buy good DNP / EC Stacks?
>>
>>38871495
Define sore. If it feels like a 'wave' of general soreness across your spinal erectors, that's just what they feel like when you use them. Localised stabbing pain or pain in a straight line is generally a sign of something fucky.
>>
>>38871198
Helpful mate, why doesn't it?
>>
>>38871538
It's not exactly a stabbing kind of pain, but my gut is telling me something is wrong. I wince when I have to bend over to pick something up, if that helps.
>>
What's the best exercise to capitalize on noob Lat gains. I'm on a cut, so I can only get so much, but my lats are very small, and I want to get them started before my bulk.
>>
>>38871495
Keeping your back straight is an ok form cur, not a good one.

Keeping a neutral spine as supported by your mid-upper back is best.

Per Alan Thrall, stand up with a neutral spine with your hands at your sides and try to push your hands straight down, this will engage your lats and promote a neutral spine position without forcing egregious thoracic extension or caving. All that's required from here is to place the middle of your foot and shoulder blades around the bar and pull from the hip.

You should feel soreness. Remember that pain and soreness for the most part are not the same thing, listen to your moose cells and fucking cock
>>
When doing some exercises, like bicep curls, I can finish my sets (3x10) and eventually get too tired to keep lifting more but I don't get that stiff feeling as if I did much. Am I doing something wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 863x809px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 863x809px
>>38871586
Pull ups an weighted pull up are absolutely the way to go. Just use the pull up assist machine or assistance bands to allow for much higher rep wirkouts. If there are no machine or bands, then do eccentrics and use the lat pull down machine until you can preform a pull up. Then incorporate as many unassisted pull ups as you can followed by assistance and/or lat pull downs; eventually progress to weighted followed by unassisted.
>>
>>38871586
pullups or lat pulldowns

>>38871621
weight could be too heavy, but getting a pump isn't essential for progress. If you want a pump, lower the weight and do more reps. No point in doing that except to get a pump.
>>
>>38862445

How long are your workouts?

I feel like mine has become so short after starting a 4 days a week compound lift routine.

Im in the gym around 30-45 minutes am i going to make it?
>>
>>38871647
30-90 minutes depending on what accessories I'm doing.
>>
File: matisse.jpg (18KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
matisse.jpg
18KB, 278x181px
so IIFYM says i should eat 3051 calories a day for a bulk, but myfitnesspal says i need 3400, who do i trust? IIFYM also says i need 60% carbs, 20% protein and 20% fat. do all these numbers look good?
>>
Just started SS yesterday. I'm 6'1", 150lbs dyel/skinnyfat, and I'm 37. My work sets were:

Squat - 100lbs
OHP - 60lbs (failed after 2 rep of 3rd set)
DL - 110lbs

I'm planning to throw in cardio on T/Th starting next week, after the DOMS has eased up. What should my goal caloric intake be?

Should I stay at 60lbs for OHP on Friday since I failed, or can I reasonably expect to make the reps after benching on Wed?

Assuming proper sleep and nutrition, what would be reasonable goals for me over 3 and 6 month periods?

Thanks for any help.
>>
>>38871687
Doesn't matter. Never go into a routine expecting ANY goals other than the concept of progressing more than you were before. Setting goals does two things. A) it leads to unrealistic goals, which can lead to over training or burnout, and B) gives way to the idea that a routine has set points rather than being a program to help you lift heavier things for longer.

There is no endgame to lifting weights. You decide when to stop.
>>
Any guides how to shave?
I need to shave everyday, but basic razor and foam makes my skin sore and I still get cuts every morning I do it.
>>
>>38871441
Thanks fampai, been half assing my squats for the past week or so and made it seem like I hit a plateau (even though I haven't, it's just a mental block) but i'm getting my ass back in gear tomorrow so I'll be putting 110% into them
>>
>>38871673
I would prioritize protein over percentages tbqh. And those calculators are just estimates, it's up to you to figure out what works for you. They just get you within range.

>>38871687
>What should my goal caloric intake be?
Right now you can eat at maintenance considering you'll get stronger from just being a beginner, but eating above 3000 calories would be a good starting place.

>Should I stay at 60lbs for OHP on Friday since I failed, or can I reasonably expect to make the reps after benching on Wed?
if you failed, the weight was too heavy. You want to do just enough that you can complete the sets

>Assuming proper sleep and nutrition, what would be reasonable goals for me over 3 and 6 month periods?
for bp, 5lbs increase per workouts is sustainable for 3 months easily. 5-10 for squats and DL. OHP will be the slowest lift.
>>
>>38871687
What you get out of your routine is what you put into your routine. Hit your workout hard, with proper form, rest and eat well, and you will make solid gains. It's hard to estimate ending max, because that entirely depends on you.

>>38871746
Try an electric foil razor or a calming gel? You use any lotion after shaving?
>>
>>38871335
dont worry about dumb shit like hitting all 3 heads and getting full development... worry about working with heavier and heavier weight and really pushing yourself.

rotating through those ones are probably great, do some 3 times a week (2 medium/high volume, 1 heavy weight low volume)
>>
>>38871746
1. Shave after a hot shower
2. Don't push the blades to your skin, let them follow the path of your neck and face. Pull them, don't push.
3. Shave with the grain initially, shave against second time through.
4. Consider alternative shave cream
5. Make sure your razor isn't old.
>>
>>38871687
Your CNS is still adapting to the movements, when you OHP next time, you should be able to complete the 3x5 with ease given you're eating and sleeping correctly.
>>
>>38871739
I get what you're saying. I don't want to overtrain, but I don't want to undertrain either... I've read the book, so I guess I'm just wondering how feasible it is at my age to sustain the progress that Rip talks about. I'm also lifting by myself, so I don't have anyone other than myself to provide motivation. Thanks for the input, though.

>>38871748
~3k + was what I had in mind... I think that's going to be the hardest part since I'm shit at cooking. Guess I need to go find /fit/ recipe thread. I'll drop to 55lbs on the OHP and see how that works out. I probably need to reread to make sure I'm using the proper form, too... I have pretty long arms and forearms. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Hey /fit/

I need to do a run today but it's currently 93 degrees out, it's usually only like 70-something

Should I wait until night or just get it over with?
>>
>>38871834
up to you. Personally I would run at night.
>>
>>38863783

i hate this "doing too much is bad" mentality...

just do as much as your body can take and keep pushing it harder, we don't do nearly enough work in modern society as it is... you won't get stronger by doing less.
>>
Help me out on this lads.

How is this
http://www.sweatband.com/dkn-heavy-duty-power-rack.html?gclid=CIj-scDuoM8CFeQp0wodk4QENg

Different to this
http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf475-heavy-power-rack.php

Is it the same product? Should I go for the cheaper one?
>>
>>38871848
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's just too damn hot right now.
>>
I've been trying to stretch to improve mobility and during my stretching today the upper left area of my back started really hurting and its persisted to the point where I now can't lift (was setting up to squat and as soon as I unracked the weight it just really hurt)

What the fuck happened and why? Don't want to miss any lifting time
>>
>>38871857
looks like they're the same but the more expensive one is rated for heavier weight... not like you'll ever get near the cheaper one's limit.
>>
>>38871890
pulled your muscle probably. Strained it. RICE it
>>
>>38871893
I noticed that, I don't know if that's just for liability reasons and it's the same rack with the same support load or not, but they just don't want to say it supports so much for liability reasons.
>>
>>38865660
i assume you goto the gym on day 1, 3, and 5. start doing those cleans (4x6) and some assistance work (2-3 exercises for 3x10) on days 2 and 4.

if you get crazy sore and feel like dying, back it off a bit, sleep more/eat more... but you should try to build up your work capacity asap and hitting the gym 5x a week at least. this is how you get sexy and strong.
>>
>>38871748
so should i just try it for a month or something? is 160g of protein enough for a 175lb man?
>>
>>38871973
sure and yes
>>
I've been doing a routine which involves a main exercise (such as bench) with rest between sets. Then I switch to accessories, 3 of them for the respective muscle group, and I do them without rest between them. I rest 1 minute then I do the whole cycle again 4 times. I finish with another main exercise.

I do this for every muscle group, a guy I know recommended it. He plays rugby and told me they are trained that way, and the guy's fucking huge. Am I doing stupid shit or it's all good?
>>
> read ops post
>qt right next to me
>decide to say something
>see her texting under desk
>"a-are you cheating on me baby?"
>"what? Lol no I don't talk to anyone"
>"okay so was it your mom"
>"she's dead I was texting my sister to meet me after class. Why do you care who I'm texting"
>"Nevermind I have to pay attention in here I'm failing"

Literally haven't said anything else

>this is right now
>>
is it ok to PSMF when having a cold?
>>
File: 1474603051246.jpg (49KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474603051246.jpg
49KB, 480x640px
>>38872131
>with rest between sets
>>
Why do barbell rows murder my quads? I find that I can barely finish sets because they burn so much.
>>
>>38872131
circuit training is a thing, but he probably didn't get big doing it. Athletes do it more for conditioning.

>>38872141
autism must suck
>>
I've decided to hit my chest and arms 6 days a week now, so every time I go into the gym.

I wonder how long it'll be til I fuck my shit up.
>>
>>38872321
let us know when it happens.
>>
I'm thinking of buying a trap bar and donating it to my gym. Do you thinking they'll let me?
>>
>>38871572
Tbh that's just how it feels after heavy deadlifts for me so not sure if you're doing something wrong or not. The feeling it produces can be very odd to someone not used to it and it can leave you stiff and reluctant to bend over for days. Just like prison rape, no homo.

To keep your back in proper extension, bend over to grab the bar with a round back without bending your knees, then bend your knees till your shins touch the bar, then raise your chest and ass up at the same time. At no point should you drop your hips ANY lower than it takes you to get into that position.
>>
Do I need to eating at a surplus while on SS even if I have a bit of fat? I think I am at about 18%BF.

Is there a BF % I should not go over while bulking?
>>
>>38872361
>I'm thinking of buying a trap bar and donating it to my gym.
I'm assuming you're not just doing this out of goodwill and are doing it so you'll have a trapbar to use at the gym.

>Do you thinking they'll let me?
What business would ever turn away free assets?
>>
File: 1430717112347.jpg (77KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1430717112347.jpg
77KB, 768x1024px
I find myself getting too emotionally attached to girls I really hit it off with. How do I curb this problem so that I stop obsessing over them?
>>
>>38872379
Most people will say not to bulk over 20%. If you're 18% I'd recommend cutting.
>>
Thanks!
How drastic should the cut be? 500kcal a week?
>>
>>38872379
SS isn't just the routine, it's the diet along with the routine. You're not doing SS if you're not eating at a surplus. It's up to you if you're comfortable with high BF%, but ideally, you want to cut down to 12% and then eat at a surplus until you get to like 15% and then eat whatever maintains that percentage. Or eat to 18%, and then cut to 12% again. I don't have the book on my so I can't check what rippletits says.
>>
>>38872401
fuck around

>>38872419
500 if you value your strenght, 1000 if you want to kill your gains.
>>
>>38872433
ok got it. Thanks a lot anon.
>>
So let me get this straight.

Eating below TDEE lowers your bf%.
Eating at TDEE keeps your bf% the same.
Eating above TDEE makes your bf% go up.

What about muscle? More you workout, more muscle mass you gain?
Does this mean you can gain muscle while not eating anything?
>>
File: 1474992049092-1119198267.jpg (429KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
1474992049092-1119198267.jpg
429KB, 1280x1919px
My upper body is about as flexible as a /pol/acks political views. What are some good stretches so I can finally scratch my back again?
>>
>>38872458
eating controls how much you weigh. The activities you do and how much you do them controls where that weight goes.

>Does this mean you can gain muscle while not eating anything?
no. You literally waste away if you eat nothing. Food is energy. You need energy to lift. You cannot lift if you don't have energy. The amount of energy you have dictates how much you can lift. THat's why you don't really get stronger at maintenance, you get stronger on a bulk, and you lose strength on a cut.
>>
>>38872426
He basically says that the program will tend to produce the 'correct' bodyweight and composition if you follow the appropriate diet for your weight.

For someone in the normal bodyfat range (i.e. 12-20%), that'd be to eat enough to maintain your bodyfat within that range while still eating enough to gain muscle mass, so probably a little over maintenance for anyone other than a rank novice.
>>
>>38872385
>doing it so you'll have a trapbar to use at the gym.
You got me.

>What business would ever turn away free assets?
I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
>>
>>38872513
But your body starts using up body fat for energy. You have energy from that.
>>
>>38872539
that's not how it works. Long story short, body fat isn't a source of readily available energy.
>>
>>38872539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJxfh0b3o8
>>
>>38872131
>be me doing bench
>starting up lmao1.5 pl8
>easy as shit after five reps
>feel good
>start next set right away
>Gym Owner calls the police on me
>SWAT surrounds the building
>ohshit.jpg
>SWAT comes in hot
>3 black casualties
>"Please.. Please I didn't know I just thought I could do another set"
>SWAT tase the shit out of me and start kicking me
>arrested and almost shot because I didn't take my mandatory state assigned rest
>>
>>38872539
>>38872550
>>38872564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-PBGCIVAgg

picturefit literally answers like 90% of qtddtot
>>
After you work out your macronutrients do you make your macros match each meal or your entire day? Can you overlap days if you slip a bit?
>>
For some reason my left back thigh hurts like it's being stabbed but only after i've laid down for about 30 minutes or more

For instance when i wake up in the morning it's very painful to even turn around in the bed but after 10 minutes of limping around the house the pain just dissappears and as long as I stay moving without long breaks it doesnt' return

It's been like this for around 2 weeks now. Any ideas?
>>
>>38872611
whatever works, most likely day. And yes, you can overlap days. Your body doesn't reset it's macro counter at night.
>>
File: uA1NSv3.png (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uA1NSv3.png
316KB, 1920x1080px
SO i'm now 6'2 and 194 pounds from 220 in July. Trying to work out my Bf and it says 13.5%. My question is when do I stop eating at a calorie deficit? What weight should I be aiming for my height? Just looking for aesthetics for now then trainging for bulk.
>>
>>38872713
I highly doubt you're 13.5% at 194lbs if you're asking about when to stop eating at a deficit. You stop eating at a deficit when you look in the mirror and think you should stop.
>>
>>38872726
Do you think it's too high or too low?
>>
>>38862445
I'm having trouble targeting my back with chinups, even with the assisted weight machine. I've tried different grips (pullup, chinup, hammer grip), and I still can't get it. However, I can do lat pulldowns with decent form.

Can I substitute chinups/pullups with lat pulldowns? If not, any tips for chinups?
>>
>>38872832
to low. 170lbs of lean muscle on a 6'2" frame looks pretty huge. How did you get 13.5?
>>
Help me anons.

I'm new to SS and power cleans and I can only OHP about 50lbs max same with power cleans.

Is it okay if I'm doing powercleans by steps instead of a full transition? basically i do them in parts

>deadlift position
>standup and bring the bar above knees
>perform the 'clean' part and catch them on my shoulders.

am i doing it wrong anons? i seem to not get how to do the full transition with this weight, i feel like its too light to do the fast motion of it.

also would OHP be enough if im aiming for round shoulders? think if I'm ohping 1plate i'd be having a more rounded shape on my delts? or do i need to supplement it with dumbells?

thanks anon and sorry for my english
>>
File: elbow.png (359KB, 398x501px) Image search: [Google]
elbow.png
359KB, 398x501px
I do high bar squats, tried thumb less, wide grips and I still get pain down my forearm to my elbow
i feel my wrist and forearm tingle and the right bottom side of the elbow hurts
what do
>pic related
>>
>>38872909
watch this
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020
don't put any weight on the bar until you get the movement, form is better than getting injured right away

i'd say do SS first, after you're done with that program do a body building split and get bigger shoulders if you want
>>
>>38872909
if you can only ohp 50lbs, it will take you a while to ohp 1plate
just focus on your strength gains
>>
>>38872841

Lat pulldowns aren't as good for the whole body as chin-ups because they don't activate all the same stabilizer muscles, but as far as hitting the back and arms they work the same way. You should be okay substituting it.
>>
>>38871374
Absolutely, but you'll have to eat really well(4-5k cals a day, enough proteins and carbs, if you wanna add to your progress, wake up in the night and drink a protein drink with milk and some banans or so)

Also, train every muscle group twice a week.
>>
>>38870100
>>38870062
Thanks, noted. I'll work in more bench, squats, and OHP.
>>
File: 1434776281630.png (376KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1434776281630.png
376KB, 900x702px
>>38870666
Some one notice my trips
>>
Is there a good substitute for pendlay rows?
>>
>>38873155
eating at a huge surplus won't encourage muscle growth any faster than a regular surplus.
>>
>>38874215
db rows
>>
File: 1438037009165.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1438037009165.gif
2MB, 320x240px
holy fuck /fit/ I'm getting cravings something fierce today. I'm usually fine and can deal with them but I'm seriously pacing back-and-forth just trying to keep my mind off them. Holy shit how do I suppress them? I only have enough calories for dinner tonight.

I've been eating clean for months now, they're never this bad.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.