[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about saying fuck SS and hitting new maxes and just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pratt-workout-main.jpg (43KB, 594x520px) Image search: [Google]
pratt-workout-main.jpg
43KB, 594x520px
Thinking about saying fuck SS and hitting new maxes and just focusing on efficient compound movements and a reasonable weight and cardio everyday. Thoughts? Tips? Suggestions? My ultimate goal would be to look like the manlet version of Chris Pratt in guardians of the galaxy. I think the biggest step is to stop eating like shit and cut out the garbage
>>
Congratulations! You've demonstrated the ability to use common sense by creating a program that fits your needs instead of using someone elses.
>>
>>38862110
Lol
>>
Anyone else? Should I have just posted on qtddtot? Suggestions/tips?
>>
>>38862086
Do what you want. I'd say that if you want to look aesthetic your bare minimum would probably be over 1pl8 OHP, 2 pl8 bench, 2pl8 squat, 4 pl8 diddy, and pull ups for reps.

If you can do that then have at it. Otherwise you'll probably just be another twink fuccboi who goes to the gym for years doing hypertrophy but not actually gaining anything meaningful.

The nice thing about a strength routine is that it has clear linear progression, once you plateau or meet goals you can move to just doing tons of hypertrophy.
>>
>>38862656
>2 pl8 squat

Are you ready?
>>
>>38862656
Hit 1 pl8 ohp, and 2 pl8 squat (more really) haven't worked my dl that high yet (w/o straps anyways) but the shitty part is my bench. I can barely rep 185 it's like I've plateaued there... tips?
>>
File: weight-lifter.jpg (7KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
weight-lifter.jpg
7KB, 292x173px
>
>>
>>38862708
here's something i do and it made me jump 20lbs (no joke) one week while doing bench:
take longer between sets & stretch your chest
>>
>>38862110
>beginners can program better than professionals because they are special snowflakes

Do whatever the fuck you want op but you won't find much more Efficient movements than the ones in proper beginner programs and your progress will likely be slowed by your stubbornness
>>
>>38862656
desu you don't start looking good until you hit 2/3/4/5
>>
>>38863732
Rippetoe isn't a professional.
>>
>>38863770

You need a fairly special definition to find a way in which Rip is not a professional in the field.
>>
Never got why /fit/ novices are so impatient
>be novice
>lift summer doing ss
>finish program
>play sport or move to intermediant
but with /fit/ its
>be novice
>glimpse at random forum post on how SS rep range is setup
>do single workout
>get upset and quit to do magazine workout made by bodybuilder who just throws shit together to sound unique to some idiots
>>
>>38863770
Bruh its a novice program that don't even take a full year (if you are super skeleton who has never moved in life) and then you move onto another program. What happened did you lift weights for a week and cry because of your 15lb progression?
>>
>>38864831

It's weird, especially since SS is basically impatience: the routine. it's entirely based around getting the most out of right now, longterm be damned.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.