[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kettlebells vs Barbells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: kettlebell-arm-workouts.jpg (157KB, 492x632px) Image search: [Google]
kettlebell-arm-workouts.jpg
157KB, 492x632px
Ok /fit/, I need your advice.

I'm wanting to get into some kind of weight training to help me get stronger and a bit bigger as well.
My brother who is huge into MMA has a huge kettlebell collection, pairs of 16s, 20s, 24s etc right up to 40kg and he is moving to a different country to work and has said that I can have them.
Now, Ive been considering buying a barbell and plates and a power rack for a while and i was wondering if i should just use the kettlebells instead.
Also I dont want to join a gym as I already pay 45 a month for my BJJ membership and dont feel like paying more.
Advice would be appreciated
>>
depends on if you have a good baseline strength or not.

KB is very good for ballistics movements

but to train for ballistics movement one requires a decent baseline strength.

tldr

KB are great but not for someone new
>>
>>38861467
I havent done much strength work before, i managed to clean and press the 20s for 3 sets of 6 reps the other day when trying them out. Maybe I could join a gym for a few months to build a basic level of strength then switch to the kbs?
>>
>>38861483
sure, do a linear beginner program for a few months while eating a lot, and then diet down while doing kettle workouts, with KBs up to 40kg you can do a lot of stuff on your own then
>>
>>38861413
mmm I want her to grab my balls like that
>>
>>38861642
Great, sounds like a plan. Any one in particular that you would recommend? Half of fit says SS is a meme and the other half says its legit so I cant figure out which one is the meme.
Seperate question: Can anyone recommend some exercises to get joocy traps with kettlebells? My gf says all she cares about is big traps abs and strong arms so if i get those 3 down hopefully more sex lmoa
>>
File: 100-Club1-660x400.jpg (73KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
100-Club1-660x400.jpg
73KB, 660x400px
>>38861670
Hnnggg
>>
>>38861714
SS is good if you have zero experience lifting and need to build some baseline strength/mass before moving on. If you know what you're doing, you can do brosplit and I'm sure you'll be fine. As far as trap exercises go, its either shrugs and/or upright rows for the most part and any variation of the two.
>>
>>38861761
Should i do the shrugs/upright rows with the heaviest bells i can or for high reps?
>>
Buy a barbell and some tri-grip plates.

You can use the tri-grip plates like kettle bells too for some movements.
>>
>>38861467
here
>>38861483
the problem with your 20kg for 3x6 is when does your form breakdown or how good it is.

Can't judge something like that without eyes on.

Barbell training is simple (sorta) weight goes up one plane and down the same and increased in increments. which is why it's recommended.

I can only suggest things.

If you're really strapped for cash: work on a body weight program while using your KB for squats and deadlifts.
>>
>>38861954
The cleans felt ok but the last press of each set was definitely shaky.
Hmm how would I know when I'm ready to move onto the kettlebells after my bodyweight program?
>>
>>38861954
>>38862042

Or maybe i could start with the 16s instead
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.