[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok my fucking dandruff is driving me crazy. Nothing seems to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

Ok my fucking dandruff is driving me crazy. Nothing seems to work.

What the fuck can I do to get rid of it?
>>
>>38840030
Nizoral shampoo /thread
>>
>>38840030
Bump
Nothing works for me either
Makes me wanna shave my head
>>
>>38840038
not OP, but I've tried, to no avail
>>
>>38840030
Head and shoulders works for me
>>
>>38840042
Some have said that this can help
>>
>>38840030
Just water and baking soda (srs)
I found this on the misc like 4 years ago or something and have been doing it since. My hair looks good, isnt greasy, doesnt smell. What will happen is that for the first few days that you dont use shampoo your hair will be greasy because your body is overcompensating with extra oils from the shampoo getting rid of them. srs but after that few days it will be best hair you have ever had, no dandruff
>>
>>38840030
Might have psoreasis.
>>
>>38840149
how2kill?
>>
>>38840042
It works, just it isn't a perma-solution. I started buzzing my hair because of it and every time it grows out, my dandruff becomes a problem again.
>>
>>38840149
Usually you can tell between a dandruff problem and a psoreasis problem.
>>
real dandruff will go away with head and shoulders.

What you might have is dry scalp. I'd recommend a non sulfate shampoo and a really good conditioner.. also coconut oil as a weekly hair treatment is great
>>
>>38840030
Maybe you are not drinking enough water. Not just liquid, WATER (at least 3 lts daily). Also, eat vegetables, a lot of them, not just broccoli and tomatoes. Fix that and you shouldn't have any problems by next month.
>>
>>38840030
Apple vinegar
use it like shampoo once every 2 days, before the week ends you will be dandruff free, but in case you got dermatitis it will make it more obvious, yet ... you will be dandruff free !
>>
Moo
>>
I use TGel every other day.
This used to be a serious problem for me too, but a barber recommended it to me and it's been great ever since.
>>
>>38840087
This worked for me for like a month, then suddenly my perfect hair turned into thin, brittle straw.
>>
File: 1449068491530.png (12KB, 508x497px) Image search: [Google]
1449068491530.png
12KB, 508x497px
>>38840030
I've been doing nopoo (aka no shampoo)

I had pretty bad dry scalp and it seemed all the products I used just made it drier.

Basically this is what I do
>Go in shower
>thoroughly wet hair
>rub water in
>scrub scalp
>finish shower
>dry hair thoroughly with towel

Hair isn't greasy or smelly, has more bounce and volume, and isn't dry at all.

Dandruff has been reducing by a lot
>>
>>38840030
If worst comes to worst, you can always see a dermatologist.
I went in for an acne consultation and came out with an additional diagnosis of seborrheic dermatitis.
>>
>>38840207
Coconut oil helped me. I use it when she gets too fucked up.

I also think your dandruff can get "used" to certain shampoos. I rotate that shit out if it comes back.
>>
>>38841471
Just got a bottle of this and used it yesterday for the first time. Other than that I've been on nopoo. Do you always go every other day, or play it by ear/use it whenever you feel it coming back?
>>
>>38840030
Stop taking such frequent hot showers, stop using chlorinated water, stop using whatever fucked up stuff you're using to "clean" your hair.

I don't use shampoo or conditioner. My hair looks -decent-, and I haven't had dandruff or dry itchy skin in years. In fact, I don't have any problems the modern world seems to be afflicted with. Almost literally, nothing about you people is relateable.

Fuck all of you.
>>
>>38842772
this is how I feel 99% of the time senpai.

I guess we have good genes or something.
>>
File: 1430106591270.jpg (402KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
1430106591270.jpg
402KB, 500x665px
>>38842772
No shampoo master race

my hair is so fluffy now and sexy looking now
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>38840030
I just saw a dermatologist for same shit. See pic for remedy I got. Just dandruff
>>
>>38842772
>stop taking frequent hot showers
how am i supposed to clean myself when the air temp is 5 degrees Celsius
>>
Coconut oil works sometimes for me, smear all voer your scalp, wait 1 hour and then wash it out
>>
>>38842772
There's nothing wrong with conditioning your hair. People have been doing it for thousands of years going back to Ancient Egypt with olive oil for example.

The average person might not want the greasiness that oils entail however so natural/organic conditioners with as few chemicals (such as silicones) are a good solution.

The people saying conditioning doesn't do anything are the same people who shampoo (fuck shampoos) as well. Try 'washing' your hair with JUST a good conditioner and you will see a marked improvement.
>>
blow drying my hair and using a brush helps me with it
>>
Essential oils are what you need OP, trust me I've been there. I used a lot of different shampoo but it kept getting back after a while.

You need a one or two drops of each one of these essential oils in your regular shampoo:

- Tea Tree
- Lavander
- Cedrus atlantica

Try not to wash your hair with very hot water. Lower the temperature as much as you can.

Try not to use hair dryer.
>>
I had the same problem with dandruff and recommendations were not working. Eventually I found shampoo bars, and use that three times a week, head and shoulders once a week and condition daily. Fixed me right up.

http://www.queencharlottesoaps.com/Shampoo-Bars_c_7.html
>>
>>38840030
i had this because my skin was very dry, the fix was to stop using shampoo every day
>>
>>38840306
This, any kind of vinegar is wonderful for the skin
>>
>>38841471
TGel fucked my hair and I'm losing hair faster then ever. Back to head and shoulders and conditioner afterwards.
>>
File: Citrus_Breeze_Shampoo_1600x1600.jpg (34KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
Citrus_Breeze_Shampoo_1600x1600.jpg
34KB, 460x460px
>>38840030
This, no shilling at all.

I went to multiple dermatologists that prescribed me a fuckton of products that did barely anything at all, also tried the Nivea shit and baby shampoo.

One day I just so happen to try this out and, holy fuck if it works. I haven't had dandruff in years.
>>
File: JAS-00078-5 (1).jpg (176KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
JAS-00078-5 (1).jpg
176KB, 1600x1600px
I used T-Gel for years and years for my sebhorreic dermatitis, always worked. Suddenly stopped so I got the ketakonazole anti-fungal (nizoral) shampoo. I swear it makes it worse though...Sometimes I wonder if I'm just allergic to most of the detergents used and it might have nothing to do with an actual condition.

Anyways, I remembered that tea tree oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties, so I was like fuck it, I'll try it.

I bought pic related because of all the tea tree oil shampoos I compared this one had the highest concentration.

I use it every time I shampoo. The smell is not amazing, but it's not bad and it doesn't cling. The detergents used are also uncommon and very gentle, but cleans well. My scalp has been wondrously clean since I've started using it.

>guy goes on rant about shampoo
>pic related works wonders for his seborrheic dermatitis after T-gel suddenly not working and ketakonazole shampoo being shit
>>
It might actually be dry scalp, try massaging coconut oil onto your scalp and letting it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it out, 1-3 times a week depending on severity.

Also make sure to wash your hair with COLD WATER not hot water.
>>
>>38840030

The only 100% way to really get rid of dandruff, if you've tried shampoos, is to shave your head down to the scalp.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.