[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1471694587354.png (2MB, 1000x1270px) Image search: [Google]
1471694587354.png
2MB, 1000x1270px
Do you meditate? What's your meditation routine?
>>
>>38839739
20 - 30 minutes a day in the evening generally.
>>
File: 1471189606674.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
1471189606674.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>38839739
My gf is a yoga nut and has gotten me to do it everyday for atleast 30 mins. It does make me think clearer and I don't over think about shit anymore so I guess it's cool
>>
>>38839739
Heard it helps with depression, so thinking about trying it out. Any suggesstions how to get into this stuff? My brain is so fucked by modern media - I can't even sleep or take a shit without a TV anymore - so just sitting and doing nothing, even though it sounds awesome, is fucking terrifying for me.
>>
lifting is like honest to god meditation for me

i don't do well with being still
>>
File: 1466556126592.jpg (184KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1466556126592.jpg
184KB, 576x1024px
>>38839776
My gf told me to download the "calm" app. It's pretty good for starting out
>>
>>38839776
It did for me.

Be warned though, if you fall out of practice, all the shit you'll think you got over will come right back.
>>
>>38839776
Start slowly, try to do 10 mins. Just focus on your breathing and what it feels like and when your mind wanders just slowly get it back to focusing on the breath without worrying too much about it. It's pretty cool, You kind of get something like a buzz out of it
>>
I'm supposed to do two 20 minutes sessions everyday, recently I have fucked up my schedule so I haven't, but I'm going to get back to it. The thing is that I actually felt presence by doing it a few years back and I don't really remember how I did it. It does feel extremely worth any time invested in trying to reach it again however. At the time I was just doing some breathing exercises for 30 minutes, I remember "thinking" except not with words but rather just with what comes before the words, the best way to explain it would be that before you finish whatever you're going to say in your head, you already know what it is, when you can not "say" it in your head and still know what you're "thinking" your mind feels clear and focused.

You really feel nothing can do anything to you, that you can harm you in the moment and that the moment is yours. It lasted for about 30 minutes before I just "shifted" back. This is where I noticed there are actually two "types" of me, or two parts that are the same, an observer and an action taker. One talks, the other thinks. The thing is, since the one that is doing the thinking, the one I feel like is me when I'm alone is not able to talk, the other part that does the talking is almost like something else, once I could see the distinction I could aso make the connection and talk to people like I really thought, like what I am rather than what I for some reason say when I think something. It's like when I open my mouth I don't even know what's going to come out until a ms before.

When I had my first driving lessons (I hadn't drove anything before) I was so fucking panicked that if I kept thinking of what I should do I wouldn't do shit, so the action taker took over and I did it, it wasn't great, I had never drove before neither had I any confidence that I could but all the worry and anxiety I had about it were forcefully suppressed so I could at least do as well I was supposed to for a beginner.
>>
>>38839739
Meditation.
It's really the only thing that keeps me from being suicidal.
Sometimes I do it for long enough, and my head is clear enough, and my life is coming together enough... that I just lose my motivation to keep doing it, thinking I'm okay.
If I go for more than a few days without it, my mind starts to wander. Things start to fall apart in my life... or they don't, but I just feel differently about everything. Then the thoughts kick in, and I realize I'm in danger, and I get back to meditating. And a few days of consistency later, everything's okay again.
>>
>>38839861
>If I go for more than a few days without it, my mind starts to wander. Things start to fall apart in my life... or they don't, but I just feel differently about everything. Then the thoughts kick in, and I realize I'm in danger, and I get back to meditating. And a few days of consistency later, everything's okay again.

Described my entire experience. Holy fuck.

Fell out of practice for a year, shit got worse.
>>
>>38839846
Just to mention the things I was trying at the time, I remember trying to "open the chakras" or w/e, imagining light being inhaled and coalescing in certain points of my spine, and later I also remember playing around with "how long can I last without taking another breath while focusing on my breath so as to not breathe". I went for over 5 minutes, my body was breathing by itself and that wouldn't be weird if not for the fact that the moment you pay attention to your breathing you begin controlling, yet at that time I was paying full attention to it and it was moving by it's on, breathing in and out really small and short puffs of air every 30 deconds or so, if someome looked at me I'm sure they would think I wasn't breathing at all because the quantity of air didn't move my chest or belly or throat or nose at all. Presence is fun. Keeping focused for 20 minutes without thoughts of "how long have I been doing this now", or "how much time do I have left" is hard though.
>>
>>38839788
In my old gym, lifting was my daily meditation. New gym is fucking trash though. Always full, incredibly loud music and all these talking fucking dyel faggots.

>>38839808
Will definitely try, if I can keep the motivation. Is there anything to consider but turning of electronic devices? Better with daylight or in the dark? Ear plugs needed?

>>38839861
>>38839846
>>38839892
Am I being memed?
>>
15 minutes after waking up.

I play the same music on loop everytime, sit cross legged in the same small pillow I usually keep in my closet, and just focus on my breathing as much as possible. The goal is to completely black out.

It helps quite a bit with stress, I've been doing it on and off for a couple of years, and every time I stop doing it my neck gets super sore, so I crack my neck, which makes it more sore, so eventually I crack it again, and I just look like a weirdo with a tick.

All in all it's a great quality of life improvement.

The book that got me into meditation was "The Zen Programmer", neat little book.
>>
>>38839905
>Am I being memed?
No man, >>38839861 is really my experience.
I'm not saying it will be the same for you; maybe your experience will be completely different. But that's really how it works in my life.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.