[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SS really just a meme? Ive been doing it for a few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Z14itNb.jpg (68KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Z14itNb.jpg
68KB, 256x192px
Is SS really just a meme? Ive been doing it for a few months now and my lifts have improved a lot. Im lifting mostly to be better at my sport. What should i do instead of SS?
>>
>>38839463
>lifting mostly to be better at my sport

Then SS is the correct option.
>>
>>38839463
How is it a meme if it's giving you good progress?

Why do people overuse the word meme?
>>
>>38839463
Saying something is a meme is a meme.
>>
>>38839484
Like people here say its bad and inefficient, also i dont wanna look like some deformed motherfucker after im done
>>
>>38839534
you really shouldnt have an opinion about the program yet

>been doing the program for a few months now
>I also dont wanna look like some deformed motherfucker

yeah you aren't doing the program
>>
>>38839534
How is it so bad? Just curious if you have an actual reason or are just regurgitating what /fit/ has told you. Also, what sport? There's no reason to go much farther if you're lifting for a sport, maybe look into other beginner/early intermediate programs. If you're worried about being deformed, then tailor the leg work in SS more to your liking.
>>
>>38839463
>my lifts have improved a lot.

So keep going....?

People worry SS hits legs over arms and can make your body disproportionate. If you feel like your arms aren't getting hit enough, chuck on some chins after your deadlift workout and dips after bench press. If you must curl, do it on Friday's workout.

Bulk get to 1/2/3/4pl8 for working sets (or until you stall) then start looking around for alternatives. If its working don't fuck with it.
>>
yes you don't need to be that obsessed over strength your 10 RM is going to have more carryover to the field

plus most athletes worth their salt should be able to lift 1/2/3/4

SS is for hungry skeletons who don't play sports
>>
>>38839611

That really depends on the sport and the athletes overall strength.
>>
>>38839630
The sport is fencing, so all the squats are güd, my squat is 2pl8 so is my DL, my bench is 140
>>
>>38839630
Oh and im a 6' guy
>>
>>38839668

That's a fair bit out of my wheelhouse, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Strength doesn't matter too much with fencing, except in that it lets you be more powerful (up to a point) and the point at which added strength stops adding speed to bodyweight movements is pretty low unless you're super heavy. Once you're done with SS - which usually doesn't take too much time, going by the book - you'd likely be better off moving on to a routine that emphasises power and conditioning rather than just strength. I'd say something like WS4SB but, again, there'd have to be someone who knows more about this shit than I do.
>>
>>38839463
>is lifting heavy a meme
>im getting stronger but im not sure if its a meem!

It's not dude
>>
>>38839742
I mean stronger legs= more explosive lunges/fleches. Stronger upper body especially triceps means stronger parries so taking the blade is ez.
>>
>>38839815

That's only true if you're not that strong. That sort of simple, explosive bodyweight movements stop being improved by added strength at a relatively low point. Getting your squat from 1plate to 3plate will usually improve your lunge speed. Getting it from 3 to 5, generally not.
>>
>>38839840
But for now just wait until i max out on ss?
>>
>>38839854

Yeah.

It shouldn't take that long. Most people don't last more than three to four months total on the program.
>>
>>38839617
Sauce on the girl?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.