[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people keep saying I should bake my chicken instead of frying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why do people keep saying I should bake my chicken instead of frying?
>>
>>38837981
>>38837981
Eating fried food all the time is bad for your health, its common sense. I bake my chicken, but I struggle to make it taste as good as fried chicken.
>>
>>38837981

Because when you bake it on a proper tray the fat drips off the meat and you have a leaner piece of chicken. When you fry it the fat and juices stay with the meat and it ends up being fattier overall.

Personally I don't think it makes that much of a difference since I cook skinless breasts, and those are super lean to begin with, but if you were using a fattier cut say thighs for instance, then baking would be the best way to do it.
>>
>not boiling it
>>
>>38838004
"Fried foods" are considered bad for you because they're often battered and deep fried in peanut oil or vegetable oil with extra fats added (butter, bacon grease, etc).

Frying chicken breasts on a pan with olive oil is just as good as baking them.
>>
best chicken i have made on a skillet

cast iron
butter
chicken
perfection
>>
>>38837981

listen to >>38840170

Baking is convenient because you can pop 8 breasts in the oven and walk away. Nutritionally, though, its indistinguishable from pan-frying. You still add oil to the baking dish. If you have the time to pan fry 1 or 2 breasts, where you get to sear it and precisely control its timing, you should. That's why it tastes better, not because it is somehow unhealthy. Pan fry a whole pack of chicken and practice reducing sauce to impress people.
>>
>>38840170

>olive oil
>for frying

oh lawd.
>>
>>38837981
Additionally, frying causes the formation of more carcinogens.
>>
>>38840384
It tastes better because you get the Maillard reaction (browning of food) when you pan fry, and almost none when you bake things.
>>
>>38840384
I don't add oil to shit when I bake things I just slap the meat in the oven and let it do its thing
>>
>>38840384
>baking chicken
>with oil
The fuck? I use a little olive oil for salmon so it doesn't stick to the pan, but chicken is super juicy so you don't need to add any liquids when baking it.
>>
>>38838017
don;t the fats help the protein get digested?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.