[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlistment in the Marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8322.jpg (660KB, 1400x997px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8322.jpg
660KB, 1400x997px
Hey /fit/
I royally fucked up in highschool and took a bunch of classes senior year that I couldn't pass. Is there anyway to join any U.S Military Branch without a high school diploma? I'm thinking that if there isn't i'll just hang myself in my basement so all your ccomments and opinions are highly valued. I don't have too many options so please help me out /fit/
>>
Ive been enlisted for 6 years now (Army). The military is a good choice, as long as its really what you want to do. Dont do it because you "arent sure what you want to do".
What MOS do you want?
>>
>>38827762
I've wanted to join the military since I was a little kid. I'm not looking at it as a way to escape. I know the risks i will take and extremely tough work I will be put through.
>>
>>38827710

No, you need a HS diploma/GED.
>>
>>38827762
I guess just a basic private and work my way up from there
>>
>>38827790
Alright, ive never heard of a case were someone without a highschool diploma got in
>>
>>38827795
I can get my GED outsode of highschool though. Right?
>>
>>38827818
Yup
>>
>>38827806
Oh alright thanks
>>
>>38827835

You think 35 year old job applicants are having their company's HR call their old high school to verify if they graduated? I never graduated high school, currently a systems architect, moved to SF and I'm making over 6 figures a year in a comfy as fuck job, I'm not even 10 years older than you.

Dude, nobody in hiring cares about if you graduated HS so long as you don't act suspicious about it or bring it up during the interview. Just act like you did graduate, and if you go into the job market, nobody will ever verify it. They'll probably never even ask. The companies that do are like the 2% and they're shitty companies to work for anyway, they'd find some other reason to fire you. The other 98% just assume everyone graduated HS unless you're applying to a place that frequently has to deal with winding up with dropout applicants, (WalMart, KMart, etc.) They care more about how you present yourself when you're in front of them. They don't have time to call every applicant's high school, and the 1% you get caught up in legal issues, (only if you live in a shit country/state), are much less than the benefit you'd get from actually having a job until you get caught. And if you're a good employee, they won't ever care.

You can always go back and get your GED when you at least don't have to worry about getting thrown out on the streets. Fake it 'till you make it dude. It's what literally everyone does.
>>
File: IMG_8323.jpg (70KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8323.jpg
70KB, 640x434px
>>38827948
Hey thanks man that really lifted my spirits
>>
>>38827948

Except when you're trying to join the military. Which is what he's asking about.
>>
>>38827710
Why don't you just retake the year dumbass? Nobody takes a GED seriously. Stop fucking up your life.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.