[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't powerlifting an olympic sport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot-2014-11-29-14.38.57.png (487KB, 747x418px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2014-11-29-14.38.57.png
487KB, 747x418px
Why isn't powerlifting an olympic sport?
>>
for the same reason bodybuilding isn't
>>
KEK!

OP thinks powerlfting should be an olympic sport!
>>
>powerlifting
>sport
Pick one
>>
>>38824939
Why isn't Olympic lifting a power sport?
>>
I'd assume because people have the mental image of white trash, and because of the different styles to do a lift. I mean there's only like 3 ways to C&J yet there's a list of ways to cheat on bench
>>
>>38824939

Because there are powerlifting federations that still have the spine to tell the IOC and WADA to fuck off with their bullshit restrictions and politics. Fuck the Olympics, seriously the worst thing that could happen to a sport; look at what they did to weightlifting.
>>
>>38824939
It's a paralympic sport tho
>>
>>38824939
Because it's not about skill of a sport. It is only who can lift the heaviest weight. So unless you know that you can lift xxx amount to be able to beat the guy that can lift xxx amount, what's the point on competing?
>>
Not a great spectator sport, perceived doping culture and too similar to weightlifting. I'd love for strongman to be an Olympic sport but it'll never happen
>>
>>38825538
Same for any objectively measured sport, such as shotput.
>>
Because
>powerlifting
>>
>>38825538

>what is olympic lifting
>>
>>38824939

because its not judged consistently and the rules aren't sane. with olympic lifting there's no real room for manoeuvre on the rules.

with benchpress i can arch my back like a cat and have a 3in range of motion
>>
>>38824939
Lol crossfit should be one over power lifting. At least crossfitters are athletes.
>>
>>38824939

Because watching some 400 pound guy with a 3 ply suit and wraps arched back bench a million pounds with a 3 inch rom is embarrassing to weightlifting in general.
>>
File: a42.gif (497KB, 434x347px) Image search: [Google]
a42.gif
497KB, 434x347px
>>38825620
>CrossFit(TM)
>athletic
>>
>>38825572
>snatch
>powerlifting

kys
>>
>>38825633
Nobody cares about equipped anymore, raw is the hotness in the pl scene
>>
because actual retards can do powerlifting
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.