[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Fit/'s child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (184KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 768x768px
>Was a consistent /fit/ poster for 3 years
>Was able to 1,2,3, and almost 4
>could do 35 pull-ups
>ran a mile in 5 minutes
>could sprint 100m in 10 seconds
>Had scholarship opportunities
>/fit/ basically raised me from fucking 14 years old throughout highschool
Then I started exhibiting major depression and PTSD from childhood abuse and my life fell apart in 2014
Have only done calisthenics occasionally when I could muster up the energy. Went to a mental in patient program but didn't help much. Can't hold jobs. Got an arrest warrant because I shoplifted while homeless back in 2015. I'm on EBT. I enrolled into college twice and dropped out in the first quarter both times.
Now I'm
>215 pounds
>20% bf
>can only do 30 push-ups in a row
>can only do 5 pull ups in a row
>can run a mile in 8 minutes
>can only bench 200 pounds X 8 reps
And I don't know what happened but last week my depression disappeared. I started looking at photos of the old me. And dreamt about the feats I used to do.
I immediately started working out again and I'm doing convict conditioning until I get a gym membership.
Why does /fit/ think my depression disappeared? How can I stop it from relapsing? I don't ever want to fall apart again
>>
File: Raja_Ravi_Varma_-_Sankaracharya.jpg (480KB, 705x958px) Image search: [Google]
Raja_Ravi_Varma_-_Sankaracharya.jpg
480KB, 705x958px
>>38816215
I've heard of this happening, some people's minds just reject the stress when it becomes too much as a self-defense mechanism. I would consider myself extremely lucky.

You should take this opportunity to disidentify the Self from the mind, pic related
>>
I really doubt anyone knows why it disappeared.

But the good news is you will regain your old stamina pretty quickly.

Went through the same things basically. Restarted with SL 5x5 + doing erg machine for cardio. I'm already surpassing where I was 2 years ago when I hiatus'd.
>>
>>38816215
I'm bipolar and this happens to me constantly. I go through long stretches of time feeling like worthless dogshit, and suddenly I wake up one day feeling absolutely incredible - like the clouds have parted in my brain and suddenly I feel capable of doing anything. This slowly progresses into a long stretch of hypomania where I get tons of shit done, lose lots of weight, start hanging out with friends again, and basically dominate at life. What fucking sucks is this fun capable version of myself is what people think I am, so when I'm depressed I basically have to force myself to act like that which is fucking exhausting. It's like having to do an impression of yourself and it feels so unnatural and awkward, so I basically cocoon until the depression spontaneously goes away again.

Basically, I have no idea how my cycles operate and I doubt anyone will be able to tell you the same.
>>
>PTSD

Ayyy what happened?
>>
>>38816295
Thanks anon, will do. I probably should've picked up self meditation sooner.
>>38816296
I can't wait to 5x5 back squats again, I think I miss that the most
>>38816364
Do you take meds? I took my meds briefly at the beginning of this year, but I was constantly tired and had stomach aches from it, which is why I was so surprised I had any improvement from not being medicated
>>38816377
My father habitually beat/tortured me for being fat as a child, which I thought I was even tho I was just a soft kid. Would point guns at me and force guns into my hands while beating me, trying to make me shoot him. Real weird shit, I don't know why he was like that. But it made me develop anorexia in my preteens, and /fit/ helped me recover from it back in 2011
>>
>>38816215
Bullshit u ran 10s 100m
>>
>>38816458
Don't know why I'm laughing, but damn that fucking sucks.
>>
>>38816458
i take lamotrigine as a mood stabilizer and modafinil for my nonstop tiredness when im depressed. ive had zero side effects from either, aside from lamotrigine making me tired an hour after i take it, but its hardly noticeable because i take it before i go to bed.
>>
>>38816470
I deadass had coaches recruiting me from all over Oregon and California, I was planning on doing UO because of the track town stereotype.
>>38816515
Yeah it's kind of morbidly humorous, i think the funniest thing about it is how inexplicable/ ludicrous it sounds
>>
>>38816484
>>38816515
Wrong rep
I'm looking at doing amino acids for mood stability, I haven't had much luck with RX or medicinal weed
>>
>>38816484
>>38816458
that sucks anon, my dad wasnt as bad as that but he was still a bastard and that sort of thing sticks with you and never goes away. he made fun of me because i was fat yet he would beat the fuck out of me if i didnt finish my dinner and dessert, hed hogtie me and leave me in the basement with the lights off for hours on end for no fucking reason whatsoever, and other fun stuff that im too tl;dr to type out.

therapy helps anon, and so do meds. i hope you can get things sorted
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x553px
>>38816587
>>
>>38816538
Who are you
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.