[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there some DB and lower-back friendly version of programs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is there some DB and lower-back friendly version of programs from sicky? All of them seem to use deadlift, and when I tried doing it with DB it ended with lower-back pain (spine problems are popular in my family... I don't want to get one too) :-(

yes, i'm still too shy to show my fatty manboobs on gym and ask some trainer for assistance on how to learn them properly
>>
>>38809373
Stretch, watch YouTube videos, post form check videos and practice practice practice.

You'll get there op and use a barbell not dumbells.
>>
>>38809373
start cycling until you lose enough weight so you can do back extensions without hurting urself.
>>
>>38809373
And go to a gym. You'll stay a big fat fatty unless you force yourself to make a new habit. Getting yourself to the gym is part of that process.
>>
>>38809392
What kind of barbell do you suggest?

>>38809394
I must cycle too casualy then, thanks for advice.

>>38809414
Maybe I'm biased, but I've seen few times posts of gym guys that complain about ugly fatties that come to gym
>>
My biggest problem is that I'm not able to tell myself if I currently have straight back or if it's bended (I've little posture problems), which seems crucial in making proper deadlift.
Maybe I'll setup some camera and look at latop to see if i'm properly standing.
>>
>>38809373
The deadlift isn't going to be detrimental for your lower back until you're working with significant weights, in fact it will help to prevent injuries. Of course, any exercise done incorrectly can get your shit snapped up.

Before you start deadlifting, make sure you have the proper flexibility ad hip mobility to perform the lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1l7de0oBE

This is a good video with some mobility drills that should help you get a feel on where you stand in terms of mobility. Before doing the actual exercise, make sure to watch some videos on form and start with a load that you can handle. Rippetits has a nice video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE

135 is a good starting off point for most people, since plates lighter than 45lbs usually have a smaller circumference which mess with the starting position of the exercise. I would really recommend deadlifting with a barbell as opposed to dumbbells for that same reason, not to mention you're probably not gonna get very far with the exercise since dumbbells can only get so bug. Also take your time adding weight to your deadlift, there's no point in lifting heavier if your form is breaking down along the way.

Another thing I would recommend is looking into romanian deadlifts and stiff legged deadlifts. Do these exercises with relatively light loads since they are putting stress directly on your lower back, but they will help with your deadlift and prevent injuries in the long run.

tl;dr work on mobility, focus on form and don't rush into more weights than you can handle and you'll have a healthy lower back
>>
>>38809373
Deadlift is number 1 rehab/prehab exercise for back
>>
Learn good form from a trainer or youtube.
Practice loads
Add weight
You're now strong
>>
Also watch the video on bracing by Chris Duffin
>>
>>38810080

thanks for advice and vids
>>
>>38809373

Aso

T R A P B A R
R
A
P
B
A
R

Much easier on your back, since it mimics more of a squat, but you get the best of both worlds.
>>
>>38810939
I've never used a trap bar, but why would you want to approximate the deadlift to a squat? The deadlift offers its own specific and unique benefits that you do not get from the squat and vice versa.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.