[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

high blood pressure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (786KB, 1519x1317px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
786KB, 1519x1317px
hi /fit/
i found i have high blood pressure. im only around 10% body fat, don't smoke, don't drink, exercise every day, both heavy weights and low intensity cardio, diet is quiet healthy almost no processed foods
i do drink a lot of black coffee though

anyone else have high blood pressure and how do you deal with it?
>>
>>38808066
first answer a few things

do you have familiar history of HBP?
what's your salt intake in your diet?
how much water do you drink every day?
are you stressed right now?
what's your occupation?
>>
>>38808066
Caffeine for sure will spike your BP, how is your sodium intake? Are you salting your food heavily? What is your blood pressure exactly?
>>
Never salt my food, but I do eat out a bit so I am sure they put salt in it. I drink a lot of tea throughout the day. I am a writer and have constant deadlines, so I am under stress probably 10 months a year. Not really avoidable.
Trying to drink more water I think I am pretty healthy otherwise.
>>
>>38808066
Have you considered decreasing your meat intake?
>>
>>38808066
Same, up your cardio to high intensity & stay the fuck away from salt. When you get home the gym/work, be sure to unwind properly it's a godsend for you BP
>>
>>38808066
How high is it? What do you mean with quite healthy diet? Do you take roids?
Coffee is not ideal with a high blood pressure.
>>
>>38808144
No roids, only supplements are piracetam and choline. It's like 145/90.
>>38808123
I don't eat meat at all.
>>38808130
Yea I will try eating home more so I can ensure no salt. Unwinding is hard because there are always more deadlines due tomorrow.
>>
>>38808122
>I drink a lot of tea throughout the day.

Tea also contains caffeine. Try to cut that out.>>38808193

>It's like 145/90
It is not that high. It could be much worse. Maybe you can improve it by avoiding caffeine, stress and salt
>>
>>38808242
Thanks, will try all that. Feels weird having this issue because I am the healthiest person I know in terms of fitness and diet.
>>
>>38808265
SOme people just have a higher blood pressure naturally. You can be the healthiest person doing a lot of sports, though still have a high blood pressure
>>
File: Beetroot.jpg (397KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
Beetroot.jpg
397KB, 849x565px
>>38808066
Cut out coffee/tea
Sleep well
Avoid salt
Supplement potassium

Also, when I used to have BP problems, I asked the biggest guy at my gym what to do. He recommended drinking beetroot juice every day ( not too much though - it's a laxative) You can buy it or just make it. Don't know how or why but it worked wonders.
>>
>>38808066
Garlic
>>
>>38808336
Thanks, I am going to try beetroot juice.
I've been having a banana a day to increase potassium levels.
>>
Stop taking pre workout. My blood pressure was high and returned to normal in a month or so
>>
>>38808066
Maybe you just get excited and nervous when measuring your bp. Did you measure it yourself or did a nurse/doctor do it? There is a thing called White coat hypertension.
>>
>>38808066
Im in the same boat, OP. The doctor gave me a little machine that took my pressure every 30 min for 24hrs. My average blood pressure is at 146/75.

They need to do some studies now to find the cause of it
>>
I remember hearing a podcast where a phd in muscle science was talking about blood pressure in relation to fitness. He was in a class with medical doctors and they were concerned about the pressure being negative whereas his first thought was how in shape the guy was. I'll see if I can find it, his name is Dr. Andy and was on a podcast with barbell shrugged
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.